Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Discuss Erasing bb of a unlocked 1.1.2 modem at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; This is what I oberved after I unlocked a 1.1.2 baseband and downgraded to 1.02 ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Erasing bb of a unlocked 1.1.2 modem

    This is what I oberved after I unlocked a 1.1.2 baseband and downgraded to 1.02

    I tried to use ieraser to erase the unlocked baseband , the program hangs, at the prompt waiting for data,

    this anamoly only happens while trying to erase a unlocked baseband from 1.1.2 ie 4.02xx on 1.02 or perhaps on any firmware, so as of now if we have a unlocked baseband from 1.1.2 we cannot relock it by flashing it with any other baseband,

    I'm very sure that I used a the secpack for 4.02xx . Has anyone else noticed this?

    Although no one would want to do that, but I dont understand why is this happening, I restarted putty several times and tried and as always it hangs, if you can erase the baseband thats when the phone is not unlocked.
    Search before you post

    Alienware M15x

    iPhone 3GS 32Gb



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    why you want to erase it anyway?? You can download back to 1.0.2 and use anysim 1.1.2u to unlock it.

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dualmax View Post
    why you want to erase it anyway?? You can download back to 1.0.2 and use anysim 1.1.2u to unlock it.

    not being rude, if you read its already unlocked, but i'm just trying to figure why is it not allowing the baseband to be erased using ieraser
    btw I was able to unlock while being on 1.1.2
    Search before you post

    Alienware M15x

    iPhone 3GS 32Gb

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am also interested in downgrading 04.02.13 baseband firmware.
    My iPhone was unlocked with IPSF. I had 1.1.1 firmware, but yesterday I decided to upgrade it to 1.1.2. I did not like 1.1.2 and downgraded back to 1.1.1, then to 1.0.2 because I did not want to jailbreak and activate it via jailbreakme and prefered to use independence instead. I was unable to update it using independence, because the phone stays in dfu mode after running firmware upgrade and there is no way to get it out of it (tried with independence and ibrickr). Later I had to jailbreak and activate via jailbreakme.
    The problem I have is that there is No Service and all the carriers are unselectable. Wifi works fine though. When I use other firmware (1.0.2 or 1.1.2) phone works fine, no more No Service. It only happens in 1.1.1
    Actually I have not seen any info on what consequences will have IPSF unlocked phone after baseband downgrade and if it is possible at all.
    Last edited by aed0101; 11-17-2007 at 11:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Advanced Array kdub3000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm in a similar situation. I have the latest modem firmware 4.0.2.13 unlocked for use with T-mobile, but the phone only works with version 1.0.2.

    I would like to return to FW 1.1.1 with 4.0.1.13 baseband, but I'm not sure if I need to virginize or just downgrade the baseband.

    Any ideas?
    • 8gb iPhone HW unlocked to T-mobile on day one (8/25/07).....died in May 2008 due to failed antenna hardware modification (Now it is a iPod Touch)
    • Virginized and Unlocked to v1.1.1 on 10/19
    • Now:Upgraded to 2.0 on T-mobile
    • Discovered the t-zones $5.99 hack (thanks to syasses trick)
    • upgrade to 16gb iPhone and pwned it to 2.0 on day one


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub3000 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. I have the latest modem firmware 4.0.2.13 unlocked for use with T-mobile, but the phone only works with version 1.0.2.

    I would like to return to FW 1.1.1 with 4.0.1.13 baseband, but I'm not sure if I need to virginize or just downgrade the baseband.

    Any ideas?
    I went through this last night, here is what I did when ieraser froze:

    Pray that you have the BSD subsystem, terminal, bbupdater, and the ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE3.14.08_G.fls on the phone.

    I quit my SSH session to the phone and then could not connect to the phone via SSH. I fired up Term-vt100 and navigated to where I had stored the .eep, the .fls, ieraser, and bbupdater.

    Check to see if ieraser actually DID what it was supposed to do. run "bbupdater -v". If it comes back as "baseband unresponsive to pinging", then you are good and can move on to reflashing the baseband. Run "bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls".

    Let this do it's work, it should take a few minutes. When it's done, run "bbupdater -v" to see if it worked. If it did, you should see this:

    Code:
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
        firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G
     eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
      bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

    As long as you see that, you're good to go. Make sure to reload the commcenter by typing "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist", and then reboot.

    Now you should be able to restore or upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes, and it will install the 04.01.13_G firmware in the process. After that, do what you please.
    Last edited by belcorriko; 11-18-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    hi guys im using IPSF on one of my iphones and i downgraded baseband just to see what happens and it worked perfectly the baseband does get downgraded and the unlock remains, so you will have no problem for doing this

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jprooney View Post
    hi guys im using IPSF on one of my iphones and i downgraded baseband just to see what happens and it worked perfectly the baseband does get downgraded and the unlock remains, so you will have no problem for doing this
    Sorry to ask, but what method wre you using? And with what firmware? Thank you.

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belcorriko View Post
    I went through this last night, here is what I did when ieraser froze:

    Pray that you have the BSD subsystem, terminal, bbupdater, and the ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE3.14.08_G.fls on the phone.

    I quit my SSH session to the phone and then could not connect to the phone via SSH. I fired up Term-vt100 and navigated to where I had stored the .eep, the .fls, ieraser, and bbupdater.

    Check to see if ieraser actually DID what it was supposed to do. run "bbupdater -v". If it comes back as "baseband unresponsive to pinging", then you are good and can move on to reflashing the baseband. Run "bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls".

    Let this do it's work, it should take a few minutes. When it's done, run "bbupdater -v" to see if it worked. If it did, you should see this:

    Code:
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
        firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G
     eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
      bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done

    As long as you see that, you're good to go. Make sure to reload the commcenter by typing "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist", and then reboot.

    Now you should be able to restore or upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes, and it will install the 04.01.13_G firmware in the process. After that, do what you please.
    so ur saying while it gets freezed it is doing what its supposed to do, ie it does erase the baseband, do u remeber how much time did u give it?
    Search before you post

    Alienware M15x

    iPhone 3GS 32Gb

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I can confirm that you can erase the baseband on 1.1.2

    As stated above best to have local term/utils to check, but I did it via SSH.

    The phone hung, I let it sit for about 5 minutes and rebooted it.
    It gave the standard error phone needs service on reboot.
    (Something about phone cannot make/receive calls)

    I restored to 1.1.1 and it reinstalled the baseband firmware.

    Risky, but got lucky I guess?


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
  2. Firmware 3.1.3/Modem FW 05.12.01 can't be jailbroken or unlocked
    By Djungelmums in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
  3. [1.1.4] Unlocked with Modem 04.04.05
    By s666 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 08:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:35 PM.
twitter, follow us!