Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss Downgraded 1.1.1 with actual 1.0.2/04.01.13_G - how to upgrade ? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hello together, I've read a lot of threads in this excellent board, but I wonder ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Downgraded 1.1.1 with actual 1.0.2/04.01.13_G - how to upgrade ?

    Hello together,

    I've read a lot of threads in this excellent board, but I wonder how to find a solutions for my issue.

    My iphone seems to be a downgraded 1.1.1 version, it's running the baseband firmware 04.01.13_G but the software level is 1.0.2 (1C28), the unit is a 7W739 build.

    AnySIM 1.1 is being installed on my phone, installer app 3.0 is running fine, the same as some of that fine applications available.

    Although some threads told me, 1.0.2 would not be able to operate with modem firmware 04.01.13_G for myself I have no problems with several SIM's of different providers in my country. YouTube, weather application and all other functions are fully working, I can make and receive call's, use WiFi and have a german language pack installed.

    Now I think about updating to 1.1.1, but I wonder how to do ?

    As far as I understand from other discussion I have:

    - not to re-virginize my phone, because AnySIM 1.1. didn't ruin the baseband firmware ?
    - uninstall app installer and other 3rd party software ?
    - upgrade via iTunes from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 or - have I to restore genuine first 1.0.2 ?
    - after upgrading to 1.1.1 use the unlock guide found here ?

    Currently I hesitate to try the upgrade due to knowledge "never change a running system"

    Any help or suggests are welcome,

    Mike320



  2. #2
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Where did you get the phone? You did not unlock it right?
    Is the anySIM 1.1 already on the phone or you put it there?

    Based on the information you gave. If it in fact was unlocked with anySIM 1.1 then you baseband is good.

    - no need for re-virgin
    - no need to uninstall anything
    - you can upgrade to 1.1.1 from itunes (no need to restore to 1.0.2 - you can probably just reset phone to wipe out settings) -
    - after upgrading to 1.1.1 you can just jailbreak + activate.
    - after that you may need to install some of the apps you want to use (the upgrade process will wipe out stuff)
    - no need to run anySIM 1.1 or unlock again because the phone is already unlocked with baseband 04.01.13_G.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @dtube:

    Hi and thanks for your reply !

    Yes right, I did buy the phone already unlocked from my dealer.

    AnySIM 1.1 was installed when I got the phone, I only did upgrade the app installer from 2.7 when 3.0b7 was available and again 3.0b8 a few days ago.

    Will the german keyboard and translation files make any trouble, I'm not sure what version was being used for that, because this option was also already installed ?

    Afaik the firmware upgrade should replace all this patched modules and after upgrading to 1.1.1 the international settings should be available ?

    Tnx, regards

    Mike320

  4. #4
    Rookie Array agutama's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, DE
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey, we are in the same situation. I have OTB 1.1.1 then downgraded it to 1.0.2 and unlocked it using AnySIM 1.1. Everything work flawlessly and fast.. the device information shows it has 1.0.2 (1C28) firmware version with 04.01.13_G modem firmware..
    Now I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware, but I have a problem with my Arcor WiFi connection, so I have to wait until Arcor technician fix it.
    Meanwhile I've found someone posted in this forum that he successfully upgraded 1.0.2 (unlocked with AnySIM 1.1) to 1.1.1 firmware without WiFi connection.
    please give me advise, should I wait for my WiFi connection to be fixed or follow the guide below without WiFi?? because I've seen in every guide in this forum that WiFi connection is compulsory in order to jailbreak/activate 1.1.1
    Thanks before...

    Originally Posted by PmgR
    I just used CARNAVAL 0.7 to upgrade an anySIM1.1 unlocked 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.1 without the need for WIFI. Here is how to do this (I put my original AT&T sim back in the phone during the process, but I don't think that is needed):

    1. With iBrickr, install Term-vt100 on your iPhone if you don't have it already on the phone. Quit iBrickr.

    2. Make sure you have iTunes 7.4.x running (I used 7.4.1.2). If not, upgrade and reboot your PC.

    3. Open up iTunes. Sync iPhone first so as to backup your data (optional). Leave iTunes running (don't kill anything in the task manager)

    4. Tap Term-vt100 from the springboard and execute the following commands:
    ============================
    cd /var/root
    mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Mediaold
    ln -s / /var/root/Media
    ============================

    Note 1: make sure to use /var/root/Mediaold (nothing else, e.g. like /var/root/Media.old) otherwise CARNAVAL won't work.
    Note 2: make sure NOT to do another sync with iTunes after you make the simlink.

    5. Now goto the update button in iTunes, and click SHIFT-UPDATE (hold down the shift button while clicking UPDATE). Browse to your local copy of the 1.1.1 firmware on your PC and select it (don't use RESTORE here since it will delete the simlink you created above).

    6. Sit back and let iTunes do its job, including rebooting the iPhone and reconnecting.

    7. You are now back on the iPhone "Connect to Itunes" screen in 1.1.1.

    8. Check that you are indeed running baseband 4 by entering *3001#12345#* on the emergency slider and then tapping on versions. It should say Firware version 04.01.13_G. Hit the home button to go back to the opening screen on the iPhone.

    9. Now quit iTunes and in the PC task manager kill iTuneshelper.exe, iPodService.exe, iTunes.exe, if present. Leave AppleMobileDeviceService.exe running.

    10. Now on your PC, click the CARNAVAL batch file (CLICK HERE) by brasuco.bat and follow its instructions all the way to the end.

    THEN YOU ARE All DONE: you should now be on the 1.1.1 springboard

    Voila: you just updated to 1.1.1 without the need for WIFI

  5. #5
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike320 View Post
    @dtube:

    Hi and thanks for your reply !

    Yes right, I did buy the phone already unlocked from my dealer.

    AnySIM 1.1 was installed when I got the phone, I only did upgrade the app installer from 2.7 when 3.0b7 was available and again 3.0b8 a few days ago.

    Will the german keyboard and translation files make any trouble, I'm not sure what version was being used for that, because this option was also already installed ?

    Afaik the firmware upgrade should replace all this patched modules and after upgrading to 1.1.1 the international settings should be available ?

    Tnx, regards

    Mike320
    @Mike320,

    It looks very like that your dealer unlocked it with anySIM 1.1 - that's great.
    I know nothing about international keyboard so I cannot help you out on that front. May be you should create a new thread for your keyboard question and hopefully you will get a satisfactory answer.

    Good luck.


  6. #6
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agutama View Post
    Hey, we are in the same situation. I have OTB 1.1.1 then downgraded it to 1.0.2 and unlocked it using AnySIM 1.1. Everything work flawlessly and fast.. the device information shows it has 1.0.2 (1C28) firmware version with 04.01.13_G modem firmware..
    Now I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware, but I have a problem with my Arcor WiFi connection, so I have to wait until Arcor technician fix it.
    Meanwhile I've found someone posted in this forum that he successfully upgraded 1.0.2 (unlocked with AnySIM 1.1) to 1.1.1 firmware without WiFi connection.
    please give me advise, should I wait for my WiFi connection to be fixed or follow the guide below without WiFi?? because I've seen in every guide in this forum that WiFi connection is compulsory in order to jailbreak/activate 1.1.1
    Thanks before...
    Clever by PmgR to manually create the symlink. It looks ok. I'm sure he won't post something that does not work. It's better to verify with him. CARNAVAL batch file use the wifi to connect to the website to do the tiff exploit + jailbreak. the batch file checks to see if http:// connection is good or not, if not it will stop. You should check with PmgR regarding that part.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array agutama's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, DE
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    Clever by PmgR to manually create the symlink. It looks ok. I'm sure he won't post something that does not work. It's better to verify with him. CARNAVAL batch file use the wifi to connect to the website to do the tiff exploit + jailbreak. the batch file checks to see if http:// connection is good or not, if not it will stop. You should check with PmgR regarding that part.
    thanks dtube, you're everywhere to help
    hopefully PmgR will read and respond this thread..

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 04.02.13_g modem upgrade to 04.03.13_g possible, yes? no?
    By taik1 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 02:24 PM
  2. help with iphone upgrade (Downgraded 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 again)
    By Varty in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
  3. Still FW 04.01.13_G after downgraded to FW 1.0.2
    By tacsniper in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
  4. Upgrade from a downgraded 1.1.1?
    By BlueX in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 08:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:46 AM.
twitter, follow us!