Discuss Complete Solution for NO SERVICE issue at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; This solution is tested repeatedly and sucessfully for phones that have NO SERVICE due to ...
Complete Solution for NO SERVICE issue
This solution is tested repeatedly and sucessfully for phones that have NO SERVICE due to an unlocking error or otherwise.
Please read this post about Version 1.1.1 http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8733 before you attempt the Long Solution - restoring your device to V. 1.1.1 will not allow you unlock your device as of today (28/9/07)
I have included two solutions for the No Service problem, one is short for the regular No Service caused by unlocking errors and one is Longer for more complex No Service issues.
You can use PUTTY for these solutions but I have used Mobile Terminal to minimise the variables in this solution also you can use this solution wifi or not.
Try the Short solution first.
You will need bbupdater and .eep and .fls file for your iphone firmware version (I have used version 1.02) ICE03.14.08_G.eep (files are attached for version 1.02 )
1. Start with iphone with no service (jailbroken and unlocked)
2. Use iBrickr to load Mobile Terminal (Application -> Browse Application -> Mobile Terminal)
3.Using iBrickr upload bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep to usr/bin/ directory on your iPhone(Files are attached)
4. open mobile Terminal and type cd /usr/bin/
5. type command launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (this command will run off screen due to its length, it is case sensitive and you will not be able to see what you're typing - concentrate!)
If it says no such process after the unload command,just proceed with the next command
6. run command chmod +x bbupdater
7. run command bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
8. turn the phone off with the red slider and power on again
9. open mobile terminal
10. run command launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
11. insert sim card and enjoy ( if this doesn't work and you are absolutely sure that you didn't make any mistakes running this process, then you might want to try the Longer solution which will Lock your device again and you will need to unlock it again using another unlock attempt)
If the problem wont go away and apparently, cant be resolved then this is a working solution. Please Note that this might lock your iphone again and you will need to use another unlocking attempt.
DO NOT RESTORE to Version 1.1.1 or you will NOT be able to unlock your device as of today (28/9/07)
This was written when version 1.02 was the latest. Restore only to version 1.02 this link shows you how http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/09...latest-anysim/
You will need bbupdater and .eep and .fls file for your iphone firmware version (I have used version 1.02) ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls in this example all .eep and .fls files are attached for version 1.02
Start with iPhone with no service (Jailbroken)
1. Load Mobile terminal using iBrickr (Application -> Browse Application -> Mobile Terminal)
2. Using iBrickr upload bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls to usr/bin/ directory on your iPhone(Files are attached)
3. open mobile Terminal and type cd /usr/bin/
4. type command launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (this command will run off
screen due to its length, it is case sensitive and you will not be able to see what you're typing - concentrate!)
5. If it says no such process after the unload command,just proceed with the next command
6. run command chmod +x bbupdater
7. run command bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
8. turn phone off and power on and bring to the yellow triangle screen now connect to itunes and restore your phone. DO NOT RESTORE TO VERSION 1.1.1 you have to restore to version 1.02 this link shows you how http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/09...latest-anysim/
9. After the restore you will get the ACTIVATE YOUR iPHONE screen (like a new phone)
10. run iBrickr and jailbreak again
11. run PACAY (point and Click activation with youtube)
12. using iBrickr load anySim and Mobile Terminal again
13. REMOVE the SIM card
14. run anySIM to unlock your phone
15. use iBrickr to upload bbupdater and ICE03.14.08_G.eep to /usr/bin/ directory on your iPhone
16. open Mobile terminal and type cd /usr/bin/
17. run command launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
18. then run command chmod +x bbupdater
19. then run command bbupdater -v
20. upload baseband with this command bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
21. turn the phone off with the red slider and power on again
22. open mobile terminal and type this command launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
23. now insert SIM card and enjoy full signal
24. run PACAY again to ensure youtube functionality
25. Use iBrickr to remove Mobile Terminal and anySIM from the phone application
Thanks to all the posts that made parts of this information available for me to put this together.
The files you need are here :- h-ttp://ra-pidshare.com/files/58286979/NoServicepack.rar.html
remove the - in rapid and http
Last edited by mooshi; 09-29-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Did not work for me! Its not a complete Solution!
By the way, you cannot run -f *.fls -e *.eep at the same time. They shoud be run separately.
it doesnt matter,this command runs fine,
Originally Posted by Tamagochi
@mosshi: but if you patch the file again ie as mentioned in the giude the phone will be locked again. kindly edit these steps, this will use another attempt and for people who have used already used 2 or 3 attempts will lose all attempts.
Guys please dont follow this untill its edited ,repatchin the bb file will again lock the phone and would probably take a unlock attempt.
Last edited by i_max2k2; 09-26-2007 at 01:36 PM.
i think you can i have seen reference to it many times on the forum
and in lunix /unix which is what the iphone runs on a space just means run one untill finish then run the next, they do not run at the same time they run one after the other
Guys, im using this to try and unlock but after restoring the software it says incorrect sim. is that right?
buddy i mentioned not to follow this,because it says it is flashing the baseband again which again locks your phone - so please do not follow this
Originally Posted by cpyas
My phone is now unlocked actually, i can make and recieve calls, use wifi but the bluetooth doesnt seem to be working. Safari, youtube all other functions are fine.
search around you'll find something for bluetooth
Originally Posted by cpyas
This has worked fine for me.
Thanks i_max2k2, thats right, but this solution is for phones that need to be restored to almost virgin state and cant be fixed normally almost terminal cases that just wont get Service. The issue of unlocking attempts is a valid one but this is a last resort solution and will work.
Originally Posted by i_max2k2
If the phone locks and rejects the AT&T sim again, just complete the process and it will be fine.
A shorter solution can be posted for less terminal cases.I will edit my post to include a shorter solution.
Last edited by mooshi; 09-27-2007 at 01:50 AM.
By JKshowman in forum iOS 5.x
Last Post: 06-14-2011, 06:01 AM
By equate975 in forum iPhone 4
Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:58 PM
By JC_USN in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
By sunnetchi in forum Hardware
Last Post: 05-03-2008, 10:09 AM
By imack in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 04-13-2008, 05:16 PM