View Poll Results: What would you like to see?

Voters
513. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to see various sections in the Unlocking section

    445 86.74%
  • I dont think we should change anything, keep it that way

    45 8.77%
  • I have another idea: Explain

    23 4.48%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83
Discuss A change at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by morphtk Great idea.. to be implemented asap.. But to add: 1. To ...
  1. #21
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morphtk View Post
    Great idea.. to be implemented asap..

    But to add:
    1. To have another section containing all the found solutions/fixes for the current problems encountered..

    Details.. if there is any thread that is being discussed onto any of the other sections with potential problem and if that gets solved.. then not only change the heading but also move it to this new section (Problems solved section.) You can further categorize this or rather just have a certain title format for different firmwares.

    Advantage:
    This would help 70% of the ppl who currently have a certain problem possibly with unlocking/jailbreak etc. and it could've being previously addessed.. to do search and see if it was previously solved.. But importantly edit the first post accordingly to reflect the solution.. Just as we keep updated the HowTos sticky posts for unlock etc.

    2. Always, very imp. keep the first post most updated .. with whatever is being discussed on that post..(relevant to that post.).. Probably could be in the policy for new thread posters..
    Adv: This would help any person coming into that post.. know whats going in this thread.. and avoid clogging 'hackint0sh' website by browsing through 100 pages.. a search is a way out but doesn't point to whats being discussed or ppl encounters..

    What say ?

    Just my 2 points (cents).
    BTW: Great (rather Awesome) work by the mods and dev teams.. Hats Off.

    morphius
    great idea having a solution/tutorial/guide section. but that section should be closed to the public and only MODS can post in it.

    my $0.03 (with the exchange rate :p)


  2. #22
    Jedi Admin Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sao paulo, brasil
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    That sounds like a good idea.
    I'm just thinking out loud here ... lots of questions are related to previous FW. For example, accidently update to 1.1.3 with BL 3.9; if they post in the 1.1.3 section, then they need to downgrade to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 and etc .... So now, in the process , if they have question with 1.0.2, do they continue with the original post of start a new thread in the other section.

    Also, there are lots of questions/posts that do not adhere to the posting guide [fw version][problem]. Yeah, they did not follow the rule, but I feel bad not helping.

    I see people did not follow the format, their post got deleted/moved and they go back and post a new one again ... It's not working out well and you guys spent enormous time keeping it clean and enforcing the rule.

    I'll add more ideas if I can come up with any.

    ps: N41, is there a session timeout in the forum? I constantly have to relogin. If I'm typing something this long ... it will log me out
    The way it would work is you would post in the FW section that you want to go to.

    You're on 1.0.2 and you want to upgrade to 1.1.1. You would go to the 1.1.1 section and ask how, etc, etc.

    If you would then have a problem with the 1.1.1, you would post in the 1.1.1 section.
    Now if you want to upgrade to 1.1.2, you would go to the 1.1.2 section and post how, etc. Get it? This works a lot of ways.
    a. Because a lot of people are knowledgable on a lot of things, therefore if someone pops up in a section you like helping people out, you can help them without a problem.
    b. this will allow you to find things easier. it breaks it down to the FW problem/solution youre on so that you can easly find what youre looking for.


    Another note to add,
    the reason XianLi had the way you post the Title's is because its easier to search. Makes things a lot easier, but not a lot of people follow that method.

    and dtube, no there is not. when you're logging in and putting your password, click the remember me checkbox

    N41
    MSN/AIM? PM me
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here.
    I DO READ PM's

    "Just because I'm losing
    Doesn't mean I'm lost
    Doesn't mean I'll stop
    Doesn't mean I will cross

    Just because I'm hurting
    Doesn't mean I'm hurt
    Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve
    No better and no worse "

  3. #23
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    iItaly, Italy
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    great idea man. agree completely
    iPhone 1.1.4 Unlocked with Ziphone. Greetings from Italy

  4. #24
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey N_41,

    some examples to strengthen my point. And to better understand what I mean in my previous post..

    And importantly to avoid this over n over again...

    hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25199
    hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26777
    - Morphius

    • (ATT 4 16GB) on 4.3.2 / BB 04.10.01

    • (ATT 3G 8GB on T-Mo USA. No 3G) Ultrasn0w (Unlocked/JB) on 4.0.1 / BB 05.13.04

    • (ATT 2G 8GB on T-Mo USA) 3.0.1 Ultrasnow

  5. #25
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melkor View Post
    i think it would be good to create sections:
    -jailbreak
    -software unlock
    -hardware unlock

    not firmwares divition, because some topics are related to more than one firmware

    melkor
    I totally agree with this. Jailbreak and unlocking is two completely seperate things. And right now there's lots of questions related to the testpoint unlock, so i think that fits best in it's own category.

    If you are going to devide the categories for different firmwares, that should only apply to jailbreak - cause unlocking is basicly the same on all firmwares (anysim).


  6. #26
    Supporter Array bluesky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Castricum, Netherlands
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Extra sections within the unlocking section, Great idea!
    iPhone 5 16GB iOS 6.1 Company (p)owned
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 6.1 jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, iOS 6.1 jailbroken
    MacBook Pro 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD running OSX 10.8.3
    follow me at http://twitter.com/bluesky_nl

  7. #27
    Senior Professional Array car__34's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Hey guys I proposed this before and noone paid attention .. lol..

    now we have diferent versions and diferent bootloaders, so I agree a forum Tree change has to be made.

    check out what I posted Months ago.
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16185

  8. #28
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix35 View Post
    great idea having a solution/tutorial/guide section. but that section should be closed to the public and only MODS can post in it.

    my $0.03 (with the exchange rate :p)
    I think that's a great idea. I'm all for splitting everything up.

    Also, I think there needs to be an easier search function. Can you put one up in the header on every page? I know when I first started visiting the site that was my beef. Search wasn't as useful as I would have liked. But, then again, I didn't post useless questions like many others despite that fact.

    Hackint0sh rules. Keep it up.

    Hammy

  9. #29
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I disagree for two reasons
    1) Most of the posts involve people having problems when they're swapping firmwares up and down, I don't think a firmware-based division is going to do any good. In fact, I'm predicting people posting the same question in various subforums as they are already doing now sometimes posting both in general and unlocking. Plus, the people that are willing to help are probably the ones without problems, why make it harder for them to go through the forum.

    2) Secondly, and most importantly, I doubt it will do anything to reduce the clutter of this forum. The real problem is newcomers coming in and posting "HELP!!!, etc." without taking a moment to search, read or even post their question in a way we can help (not enough info on what they did and what not).

    My belief is that forum splitting will do nothing on that field, people will still post tons of new threads and actually 90% will end up in 1.1.3 section or whatever the latest firmware is.

    Do you want to reduce the threads ? I say, make the FAQ better, perhaps post a "HELP" template for noobs, like what are the things they should say when talking about their problems. Or even take drastic action and start deleting threads with questions that have been talked about a million times.

  10. #30
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I have a different idea that is the opposite of what is posted below. Instead of section where people would like to upgrade to, my idea is to create sections showing what version (OTB) that the customer is getting the iphone or other phones from. Because this OTB is more unique and tight to a serial number. Many of the future compatible issue actually relies on the initial version and not what the user like to be in the future (this is where people mess up their phone because the don't know which version they start out with for the new guys.

    For example:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Unlock, Jailbreak and/or Activation (main catagory)

    Definitions of each catagory (topic-sticky)

    Unlock (sub-catagory-level 1)

    1.1.3 OTB (sub-catagory-level 2)
    topic 1
    topic 2
    ----------
    topic 13

    1.1.2 OTB
    topic 1
    topic 2
    ----------
    topic 8

    1.1.1 OTB
    1.0.2 OTB

    Jailbreak (sub1)

    1.1.3 OTB (sub2)
    1.1.2 OTB
    1.1.1 OTB
    1.0.2 OTB

    Activation (sub1)

    1.1.3 OTB (sub2)
    1.1.2 OTB
    1.1.1 OTB
    1.0.2 OTB
    ---------------------------------------------

    This way the topic can be less dependent on the version they are in. If a new guy brought in an OTB 1.1.1 iphone and posted in the wrong section 1.1.3OTB, he/she can be redirected to the right section or move that topic to that section. Then this guy can read the problems and answers being brought to by other persons having the same phone version. And they get helped the same way.

    Then if a person has a phone from OTB 1.0.2, he can easily help the other person with the same phone.

    With this type of structure, it will be easier to see which OTB is having the most problem.

    Of course, one problem exists and that is one jailbreak solution (for example) may apply to other section. And how do we solve that? I think that solution can be cross linked to different catagories.

    This is type of forum we used for our company project and it's geared toward product specific issues and it works out well. Because for the most experiece guy, they can easily tell that the post is in wrong section and be moved to the right section. If I new guy come in, all we need is find out what version they have and they can be redirected to the right section easily.

    Hopefully this give us some more ideas. I am when there is pro, there will be con. Let me know if there is any thing you like to comment on.

    Gary

    Quote Originally Posted by Number_41 View Post
    The way it would work is you would post in the FW section that you want to go to.

    You're on 1.0.2 and you want to upgrade to 1.1.1. You would go to the 1.1.1 section and ask how, etc, etc.

    If you would then have a problem with the 1.1.1, you would post in the 1.1.1 section.
    Now if you want to upgrade to 1.1.2, you would go to the 1.1.2 section and post how, etc. Get it? This works a lot of ways.
    a. Because a lot of people are knowledgable on a lot of things, therefore if someone pops up in a section you like helping people out, you can help them without a problem.
    b. this will allow you to find things easier. it breaks it down to the FW problem/solution youre on so that you can easly find what youre looking for.


    Another note to add,
    the reason XianLi had the way you post the Title's is because its easier to search. Makes things a lot easier, but not a lot of people follow that method.

    and dtube, no there is not. when you're logging in and putting your password, click the remember me checkbox

    N41


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Change of SIM
    By MickL in forum Quickpwn
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
  2. sim change
    By apollo0073 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
  5. can i change from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 ?
    By Saudi Tosh in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:09 PM.
twitter, follow us!