Discuss Can someone PLEASE explain this 1.1.1 mess? Gets confusing....... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Ok here are some questions:
1) There seems to be two approaches to unlock 1.0.2, ...
Can someone PLEASE explain this 1.1.1 mess? Gets confusing.......
Ok here are some questions:
1) There seems to be two approaches to unlock 1.0.2, the IPSF and the anysim/iunlock, is this correct?
2) If that is true, using the IPSF does not causes permanant damage to the iphone but the other method does?
3) If that is true, what kind of damage? Something about the baseband or something? And does it prevent it from ever upgarding pass 1.0.2?
4) As it is right now, IPSF is able to unlock 1.1.1 provided it is unlock by IPSF also for 1.0.2? So it is not able to unlock iphones that are 1.1.1 out of the box?
5) Assuming soon, that the devteam here are able to unlock 1.1.1: are we going to be in a state where we are forced to stick with one or another approach/team for further unlocks with future patches?
THANK YOU for the answers
Originally Posted by yalag
2)who know's..remember this is the first update after unlocking has been achived.
IPSF solution has been shown to work with this update...but things can change quickly with 1.1.2
3)when you update with an anysim/iUnlocker unlocked iphone your imei no. gets corrupted...
4)according to there website they have recently released v1.6 which can unlock factory 1.1.1
5)who know's...as things are currently you can use the IPSF method on anysim unlocked phones...and personally speaking i would assume that it would continue to be that way as they would definately want your money
By 100000011 in forum Installation
Last Post: 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
By flex786 in forum General
Last Post: 12-15-2007, 12:14 AM
By DickBrave in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
By madrich in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-23-2007, 05:19 AM
By mikeminx in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 04:06 AM