Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Discuss Can I use my current cingular sim with 1.1.2 OTB iphone ? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; lol yeah, I popped in my cingular sim card right now and i get no ...
  1. #11
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    lol yeah, I popped in my cingular sim card right now and i get no service, I have 1.1.1 firmware on it right now and the pone has been jailbroken, please help
    I have not unlocked the phone, just downgraded to 1.1.1 firmware and jailbroken it.
    Last edited by iphonehackr; 12-08-2007 at 06:31 AM.


  2. #12
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Use installer.app, install oktoprep, then update to 1.1.2.

    Your phone won't work at all under 1.1.1 and never will. 1.1.1 includes a version check on the firmware and when it sees 1.1.2 baseband it bricks the modem.

  3. #13
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    as long as the sim card is an att or cingular sim card the iPhone should accept it in the US, If you had a cingular sim card before the iPhone came out you can activate the iPhone through itunes with the old cingular sim there is no iPhone sim card they are the same as other att sim cards

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplePanda View Post
    Use installer.app, install oktoprep, then update to 1.1.2
    make sure you UPDATE, DONT RESTORE
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB

  5. #15
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thank you so much to every1 for replying , I managed to jailbreak the phone and use my cingular sim on it .......thanks especially to those peeopl who said they used the cingular sims and it worked.....that encouraged me


  6. #16
    Respected Professional Array hquest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ / Curitiba, BRA
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonehackr View Post
    thank you so much to every1 for replying , I managed to jailbreak the phone and use my cingular sim on it .......thanks especially to those peeopl who said they used the cingular sims and it worked.....that encouraged me
    Glad you had your phone working.

    Back in your previous phone, did your Carrier was still Cingular or were it connected to AT&T network? And now on iPhone, is it Cingular or AT&T?

    /me still needs to find a way to use Cingular Carrier on iPhone...

  7. #17
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hquest View Post
    Glad you had your phone working.

    Back in your previous phone, did your Carrier was still Cingular or were it connected to AT&T network? And now on iPhone, is it Cingular or AT&T?

    /me still needs to find a way to use Cingular Carrier on iPhone...
    as long as the sim card starts with 8901410 you can use the sim car in any att/cingular phone.

  8. #18
    Respected Professional Array hquest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ / Curitiba, BRA
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    as long as the sim card starts with 8901410 you can use the sim car in any att/cingular phone.
    8901 4103 XXXX XXXX XXXX

    But i need to NOT use AT&T as a carrier, but Cingular instead. And I only see AT&T and T-Mobile as valid carriers.

    *sigh*

  9. #19
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hquest View Post
    8901 4103 XXXX XXXX XXXX

    But i need to NOT use AT&T as a carrier, but Cingular instead. And I only see AT&T and T-Mobile as valid carriers.

    *sigh*
    Cingular and AT&T are the same network and carrier if your sim is 8901 4103 then that sim should work

  10. #20
    Respected Professional Array hquest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ / Curitiba, BRA
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    Cingular and AT&T are the same network and carrier if your sim is 8901 4103 then that sim should work
    I think you still did not understood.

    I NEED to use Cingular carrier, NOT AT&T.

    Right now, I only have AT&T and T-Mobile as choices on the iPhone (on previous phones my very same SIM works under Cingular network).

    But I NEED to use Cingular carrier on the iPhone, NOT AT&T.

    I know they are for some months the same sh*t, but there still are 2 distinct networks, one under Cingular ID, other under AT&T ID.


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [iPhone 3G] *sim + Cingular Blue
    By jehu in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 10:14 AM
  2. iPhone 3G with Cingular SIM?
    By cjbrx3115 in forum Old *pwn Solutions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 12:10 AM
  4. Cingular SIM card on iPhone
    By catgo in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 03:35 AM
  5. AT&T vs Cingular SIM Cards on iPhone
    By Last716bblRR in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:03 PM.
twitter, follow us!