Discuss On buying an iPhone at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I'm not from the USA but will be travelling there in 3 days. I'm thinking ...
On buying an iPhone
I'm not from the USA but will be travelling there in 3 days. I'm thinking about buying the iPhone there, unlocking it and using it in my country (Serbia). I know that the 1.1.2 software has been released, and that unlocking those phones isn't possible yet.
The questions I have are these:
1) What's the probability of the Apple store (one in Chicago specifically) having an iPhone with software older then 1.1.2?
2) If I understood the sticky threads and jailbreakme.com right, it's possible to unlock an iPhone without ever having an AT&T sim card in it, or touching their GSM network, am I correct? Essencially, the question is whether I can unlock it on my home wi-fi in Serbia.
3) If/when the 1.1.2 software gets unlocked, what are the chances that the above will still be true?
Thank you for your time.
(this is a bugmenot account, I can't get the captcha image for registration for some reason)
1. probablility is LOW.
2. YES, you can jailbreak+activate & unlock
3. if there is a unlock for 4.02.xx baseband with new bootloader then you are OK. Question 1 becomes irrelevant. Question 2 is also irrelevant because it's all jailbreaking & activation.
I have found good luck buying older serials in the smaller towns. In fact I found 2 4GB models in San Luis Obispo less then 6 weeks ago. When you buy online from apple they ship from China and you get the latest (I have two 1.1.2's) but in the stores there are still some week 42/43 like i said in smaller towns.
Originally Posted by bmn
Looks like I won't be buying an iPhone this year.
Thanks for your help in any case.
By arcader in forum General
Last Post: 12-04-2007, 02:53 AM
By basura.de.internet in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
By jaypatel14 in forum General
Last Post: 10-05-2007, 10:38 PM