Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Discuss Buy 1.1.2 OTB now, or whait? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi... im from Brazil, and my sister is in USA, my question is, buy a ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Buy 1.1.2 OTB now, or whait?

    Hi... im from Brazil, and my sister is in USA, my question is, buy a 1.1.2 OTB with great changes to unlock, or wait for the new (if will release some) with new firmware? im afraid that i buy a new one, i cant unlock, if the 1.1.2 unlock comes out...

    Tkz
    Roberto



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array jacf182's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South America - Ecuador
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Buy it while you can! Hurry up before they start selling 1.1.3 OTB unlockable phones!!!
    At least we have an idea of how to unlock 1.1.2, and there are some methods for making it fully functional. So that's what I'd do, buy it and get a StealthSim/wait for software unlock, OR buy a 1.1.3 and be stuck with it until an activation method comes out (I don't even want to think about unlocking)
    iPhone 1.1.2 OTB with GeoHot's Gunlock!!!
    Operator: Porta (Ecuador) and ICE (Costa Rica)
    Call In/Out: Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out: Yes/Yes
    GPRS/EDGE:Yes/Yes
    MMS In/Out: No/Yes
    YouTube: Yes
    Makes me look hotter: Yes / I'm hot without it: No
    Everything: Yes
    SCREW **SIMS

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Someone sounds scared of 1.1.3

    I would wait to be honest. See if the 16G will come out with in a year with better software.

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Personally, I'm waiting until after Mac World - Hopefully it'll be 3G with more memory, it might even lower the price on the old one and probably come with most of the software annoyances ironed out. I guess that new hardware will throw the unlocks - but there's always a way to unlock a phone.

    Niax

  5. #5
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    iPhone 1.1.3 will soon be there. I think you should buy it while you can.


  6. #6
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    1.1.2 OTB is not unlockabe yet, so if you get one, make sure you purchase turboSIM/stealthSIM on same. It's pretty boring after a while just to use your brandnew and fancy iPhone as an "iTouch"....

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would buy the iPhone now, especially with all this talk of 1.1.3. Any hackable device will only get progressively harder to hack as it's manufacturer works to fix it, and Apple has proven that the iPhone is no exception.

    At least if you buy now you know you'll be able to get the iPhone to do pretty much anything you want. You can jailbreak it for third party apps, and you can even use a SIM proxy to switch to a different carrier. And who knows, what with 1.1.3 and the rumours of a new baseband (and therefore secpack), you may even be able to unlock it.

    If you choose to wait, there's no telling what you'll be able to do with the phone aside from Apple's intended use. You might be able to hack it, you might not.

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm in the same situation as you Roberto.
    I asked the same question (here), and my friend bought it for me.
    I think you should do that too.

    - Oscar
    meyerandlewinsky.com

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    would the 16G be internationally released? like asia?

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array tiny_r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niax View Post
    Personally, I'm waiting until after Mac World - Hopefully it'll be 3G with more memory, it might even lower the price on the old one and probably come with most of the software annoyances ironed out. I guess that new hardware will throw the unlocks - but there's always a way to unlock a phone.
    I can't see the 3G model coming at Macworld, if at all it will come during the summer. It maybe announced. I am not that sure of the benefits of a 3G model though! With the growth of Wifi, why would we need a 3G version? I know in Europe and Asia 3G is popular and very power hungry.

    As for increased capacity 16/32 etc... Yes if available it will be internationally available. One gauge on the likely hood of this, is Apple purchasing of Flash Memory. They have been buying larger capacity modules so it is fairly save to assume it will appear in the iphone. After all this is standard in the iPod Touch.

    Finally, I seem to remember information appearing last year that apple reduced the original order of iphones. This might have been the decision to discontinue the 4 GB model or maybe a re-evaluation of the customer wants. With the reduction in cost of the iPhone in September, there is plenty of scope for Apple to introduce a higher capacity model at Macworld.
    Respect Tiny_R

    If you agree with my post please give a thumbs up
    Likewise if you disagree, you can give a thumbs down

    My prediction on delivery date for 1.1.3 was right on the money! - Jan 15th 8 pm CET - Who doubted me?


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46 AM.
twitter, follow us!