Discuss Best practice? Advice wanted at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Guys I've finally had my 4Gb iPhone cleared out of customs and its sat in ...
Best practice? Advice wanted
Guys I've finally had my 4Gb iPhone cleared out of customs and its sat in front of me.
It has got 1.0.1 firmware on it. Whats the nest way to go about unlocking it? I have unlocked an 8Gig one previously from 1.0.2 but will itunes now let me upgrade just to 1.0.2?
My plan was:
Activate 1.0.1 using independence
UPgrade to 1.0.2 using Option-click in itunes
Activate again (if needed) then install installer.app
install community sources, bsd etc etc
then install anySim1.0.2 ( will anySim 1.1 qork on a 1.0.2 phone?)
All thoughts welcome! Want to crack on ASAP!
- if you do through itunes, it will go online and grab the 1.1.1 firmware. Don't do this.
- download the 1.0.2 FW
- kill ituneshelper process on PC
- connect phone to PC & put phone in restore mode (holding power and home)
- run itunes
- restore phone with 1.0.2 (holding shift and click restore)
- run apptapp (follow the screen)
- run PACAY (follow the screen)
- run ibrickr (follow the screen)
- install the unlock pxl (iunlock or anysim or ifast-unlock.pxl)
- turn off screen saver
- run the unlock app on your phone.
- phone unlocked, insert different SIM. Have fun.. Now you can install various apps. Oh, make sure you remove the unlock icon app on your phone so you don't click on it again.
I did this on a windows PC. looks like you have MAC. When you activate, make sure you use the right method to activate with Youtube.
DON'T update to 1.1.1 yet...
DON'T use the old anysim, or iunlock or fastunlock ... The latest anysim version 1.1 does not mess with the seczone of your baseband.
Please check the thread on anysim 1.1 - The latest AnySIM 1.1 works will out the box 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 iphones according to that thread.
Last edited by dtube; 10-18-2007 at 12:31 AM.
You can update to 111 just fine. Just make sure and use the new anysim version before the upgrade and follow the jailbreak1.1.1 readme beginning with step 1. Don't forget to activate with your specific SIM though at the end. The unlock will persist through the upgrade.
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 11-12-2011, 04:10 AM
By ("\(.:...:.)/")~RaWr in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 03-09-2011, 02:34 AM