Discuss any links to "how to use BBupdater" please at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Thats what I have found a few days before at this Forum.
What you need:
Thats what I have found a few days before at this Forum.
What you need:
1. WinSCP - http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
2. puTTY - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html
3. bbupdater - http://**********.com/files/65139648...dows_.zip.html (Replace $ with letter s Unzip and extract "bbupdater", I don't know where else to get only the bbupdater)
What to do:
1. Install WinSCP
2. Check iPhone WiFi IP address -- Settings->WiFi->tap blue arrow->IP Address
2. Launch WinSCP - Enter IP Address in Host Name box, Username root Password alpine and uncheck "Allow SCP fallback". Click 'Yes' if a message window appears for the first connection attempt
3. WinSCP GUI will appear, your local PC directories will be shown on the left portion and iPhone directories will appear on the right. Browse to /usr/bin directory on iPhone if you already have that. If not make one by Right Click -> New or press F7 in the /usr directory
4. On the GUI, look for bbupdater you just downloaded, drag and drop it into iPhone's /usr/bin directory. MAKE SURE to set the permission to 0755!
5. Close WinSCP
6. Launch puTTY.exe
7. Enter the same IP Adress in Step 2 to the Host IP Name and click 'Yes' to the message for the first connection attempt
8. Enter root as login prompt and alpine as Password and you will see a '#' symbol
9. In the puTTY window, type: (to disable Comm Center)
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
10. Nothing will happen but then type:
The following message will appear and you can now write down the bootloader version of your phone:
pinging the baseband...
eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
eep revision: EEP_REVISION:8
11. Finally type: (to enable Commcenter again)
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
12. Power cycle your phone and you are done!!
Last edited by NOKiA; 12-10-2007 at 10:25 PM.
By blackboxxx in forum AppStore Software
Last Post: 10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
By pipetkin in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
By bayerische in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
By vinzome in forum General
Last Post: 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
By jprooney in forum General
Last Post: 09-14-2007, 02:53 AM