Discuss Any hope for FW1.0.2? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Well, here is what I had:
- an iPhone 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM
- a ...
Well, here is what I had:
- an iPhone 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM
- a lovely MacBook Pro with MacOS X
Here is what I did:
1. ordered an IPSP license. It was in their database about 10 minutes after I placed the order
2. was brave enough to upgrade the Firmware to 1.1.1 with iTunes
3. used iNdependence 1.2.3 to downgrade to 1.0.2 again
4. activated and jaibreaked with iNdependence 1.2.3
5. installed SSH and such with iNdependence 1.2.3
6. copied SimFree to /Applications using iPhoneDisk to the iPhone
7. launched SimFree on the iPhone and unlocked it to be used with 1.0.2
8. followed the instructions in iNdependence 1.2.3 for Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade
9. upgraded again to 1.1.1 with iPhone
10. activated and jaibreaked with iNdependence 1.2.3
11. installed SSH and such with iNdependence 1.2.3
I had to repeat some of these steps several times until it finally worked.
Now I have a activated/unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone
I had anySIM unlocked working iPhone in 1.0.2 FW version. I followed the Andreas
tutorial and it worked like a charm <http://andreas.louca.org/2007/09/30/iphone-
I Followed The following sequence:
1. Bought IPSF
2. Took out SIM form SIM compartment.
2. Virginized the anySIM unlocked Phone (after virginizing it will be iBrick, no worry!) using andreas method.
3. Run the IPSF program without SIM in the SIM compartment.
4. The phone is now unlocked with 1.0.2 modem FW.
5. Upgrade with iTunes to 1.1.1 FW.
Since I have a valid AT&T contract, I upgraded it to 1.1.1 and activated it with
iTunes. Everything is working fine. I have not jailbreaked it yet.
I wonder, whether it is possible to jailbreak it later? I am waiting for some
simplified jailbreak solution for windows.
I haven't done it, but I guess the procedure is something like:
a) Ensure that you are running 1.0.2. Downgrade if you have upgraded to 1.1.1.
b) Reflash your baseband firmware to the 1.0.2 level. This will not fix the seczone.
c) Run IPSF. This is theoretically fix the seczone
At this point the phone should be working, so it's like having a virgin 1.0.2 that was unlocked with IPSF.
d) Perform the regular update to 1.1.1. The phone will not work with a SIM other than AT&T at this point.
e) Jailbreak and activate with your favorite method
That should do it. Detailed procedures for each step can be found on other threads and the IPSF related stuff on their site.
I guess the only solution for people who unlocked their iphone with the old anySIM version is to buy a licence from IPSF.
...I'll wait for iphone dev team solution!
I know this will not sound ethic but, it wouldn't be better to try to crack or hack this IPSF sw?. There most be a way to open this program and see what it does.
I did the following last night.
My phone is 1.0.2 unlocked with original iunlock terminal method.
1. ordered IPSF
2. downloaded IPSF zip file (has instructions and installer program)
3. bravely upgraded to 1.1.1 via iTunes
4. used iNdependence 1.2.4 - Firmware Tab - to get into DFU mode
5. ran iTunes, and help ALT - Restore and selected the 1.0.2 Firmware and downgraded - you will get an error message after this downgrade - this is OK
6. Ran iNdependence and replugged iphone into cable to clear the synch with itunes screen
7. Activated the new 1.0.2 Firmware (with 1.1.1 baseband) with iNdependence
(gave me incorrect sim message - hence the phone was relocked)
8. used the installer software with IPSF to install IPSF on the phone
9. took out Sim and ran IPSF - worked like a charm - will give you an error if you leave your sim in
10. installed apptapp installer - and installed community services, BSD framework and SSH (all via apptapp)
11. Now hop onto your phone and go to http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta in the iPhone's browser. - say YES to install this service on installer.app
12. open installer.app and refresh
13. install Trip1Prepz
14. open iTunes and UPDATE firmware to 1.1.1
(if you get an error, try to re-update - it will work the second time)
15. once updated - close iTunes and run iNdependence
16. Jail break via iNdependence
17. Activate via iNdependence
You will now have a working unlocked iphone with fw 1.1.1
** note, when you plug the phone into itunes it will say you only have a few MB to synch - this is because of the sim link that was placed by the Trip1Prepz (it renames your Media folder to MediaBackup).
I then followed the guieds at Modmyiphone.com to install BSD and SSH onto the iphone. Via the following guides:
* don't worry about the activating SIM steps at the end of the BSD guide - phone is already activated - it is important to note that the commands to replace your MEDIA folder (and all availble capacity for music/etc) are at the end of the document.
Shell into the phone (in terminal ssh -l root IPHONEIP
Password is alpine (not dottie)
mv /var/root/MediaBackup /var/root/Media
Voila - should take you about 20 minutes Good luck.
By tdisurfer in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 10-24-2009, 08:28 PM
By nEcrO in forum Hardware
Last Post: 12-07-2008, 08:13 AM
By Rello in forum iChitChat
Last Post: 10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
By Nickolaicho in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-27-2007, 07:39 AM
By JCMA90 in forum General
Last Post: 11-13-2007, 05:52 AM