Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Discuss [All Firmware] A way to Find an unique Unlock Release ? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Does anybody has try two swithch (Original ATT) SIMs with 2 original Activated I Phone ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array Calvin & Hobbes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [All Firmware] A way to Find an unique Unlock Release ?

    Does anybody has try two swithch (Original ATT) SIMs with 2 original Activated I Phone ?

    What happened ?

    And the same but with 2 SIMs & Iphones from Diff countries ?

    I try to figure out (if you know please share )) how the RSA key in the DFU file APPKEYFILE "talks" to the APPkeyfile (Gemplus) SIM .... and Itune.

    Why : Because there are 2 points that let me think we could find a way to "software" unlock forever Iphones.

    1/ I do not think 990 Euros FREE IPHONES from Apple, are with any special Hardware Treamment.
    And for sure they do not have any special BL.

    2/ With the law in Europe, All 2 years old Iphones will have to be SIM free...i cannot imagine millions of phones going back to Apple....

    So there must have a way....simple...and cost efficient....may be an optional RSA key somewhere.....with is waiting for activition ?

    Please share your knowledge or ideas.....because if we get in to trouble each time there is a new "whatever BL / FW...." it will last for 2 years )

    Best Regards. ( sorry for being so long).
    There are Treasures Everywhere

    In this World, before AI, we'll get Artificial Stupidity for sure



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Nice idea but this is not possible because after the first german legal unlocked phones where updated, they where locked again!

    After some extra minutes and some reconnects to iTunes the phone was unlocked again. iTunes seems to send ther IMEI to Apple to ask for unlock state and sends this back to the phone.

  3. #3
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    How about adding World Peace, the Holy Grail, Ending World Hunger/Poverty and finding an Unlimited Energy Source to your request? *LOL*

    Honestly, I actually should have deleted this thread without any further comment but it is so funny and naive, I couldn't resist to comment on it.

    Little hint, buddy (because it seems you NEVER followed rule number ONE: reading older related threads and using the search function of the forum):
    after each and every firmware update, the "officially unlocked" iPhones are LOCKED and have to be unlocked through iTunes again, a pretty short and painless procedure. Since it has been already discussed in various threads what happens during this unlock procedure, you should already know by now that it would probably require 22nd century decryption technology to find a viable solution.

    Yes, this is actually the fun regarding the iPhone(and dammit, I can't help it but I think Apple uses this "fun" for creating some sort of "cult" around the iPhone and they succeeded pretty well), with every firmware update, the fun begins again.

  4. #4
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Thread Renamed.

    I completely agree with 997TT and will add one thing:

    Read the stickies and use the search.

    [ALL MEMBERS] Please read this before posting > New thread's title Format
    Last edited by Former Bender; 01-19-2008 at 12:02 AM.

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=XianLi;182696]Thread Renamed.

    [COLOR="Red"]I completely agree with 997TT and will add one thing:

    Read the stickies and use the search.


    Hey!
    You are talking to a imaginative six-year old boy, and his energetic and sardonic—albeit stuffed—tiger...so please be gentle....


  6. #6
    Advanced Array Calvin & Hobbes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    How about adding World Peace, the Holy Grail, Ending World Hunger/Poverty and finding an Unlimited Energy Source to your request? *LOL*

    Honestly, I actually should have deleted this thread without any further comment but it is so funny and naive, I couldn't resist to comment on it.

    Little hint, buddy (because it seems you NEVER followed rule number ONE: reading older related threads and using the search function of the forum):
    after each and every firmware update, the "officially unlocked" iPhones are LOCKED and have to be unlocked through iTunes again, a pretty short and painless procedure. Since it has been already discussed in various threads what happens during this unlock procedure, you should already know by now that it would probably require 22nd century decryption technology to find a viable solution.

    Yes, this is actually the fun regarding the iPhone(and dammit, I can't help it but I think Apple uses this "fun" for creating some sort of "cult" around the iPhone and they succeeded pretty well), with every firmware update, the fun begins again.
    Dear Mr 997 TT and friends

    As you certainly know this is one of the ways is exploring Geohot...Breaking some RSA Key from the APPKEYFILE is fore sure very difficult but not impossible.

    I hoppe you all know how works RSA....and you know what you re talking about.

    Remember that way more difficult challenges habe been achieve by the past "remember PS2 or BlueRay" to name few....

    You Guys are so funny .... )
    There are Treasures Everywhere

    In this World, before AI, we'll get Artificial Stupidity for sure

  7. #7
    Developer Array cosmoLV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    after all whats writen... i think we need friend from apple
    [SIZE=2]Location: Latvia

    ---

  8. #8
    Advanced Array Calvin & Hobbes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=Ridgeback;182730]
    Quote Originally Posted by XianLi View Post
    Thread Renamed.

    [COLOR="Red"]I completely agree with 997TT and will add one thing:

    Read the stickies and use the search.


    Hey!
    You are talking to a imaginative six-year old boy, and his energetic and sardonic—albeit stuffed—tiger...so please be gentle....
    Dear Ridgeback

    just to tell you when the first RSA 150 1024b was broken (four years ago!!)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA-150
    Regards.
    There are Treasures Everywhere

    In this World, before AI, we'll get Artificial Stupidity for sure

  9. #9
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    [QUOTE=Calvin & Hobbes;183360]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    Dear Ridgeback

    just to tell you when the first RSA 150 1024b was broken (four years ago!!)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA-150
    Regards.
    I won't even start to argue with you about encryption technologies and brute force attacks. Just a last word: if it is THAT simple (apparently you have figured out everything reading Wikipedia :p), why don't YOU do it???!

  10. #10
    Advanced Array Calvin & Hobbes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dear 997TT

    I am not telling you this is simple, I was simply wondering if ...

    With all those persons which are ready to help, instead of "Bricking" again & again their Iphone we could try to give some time machine and do some team work ?

    A lot of people here are surely smart enough to dev an app which could maybe use all our cpu,s in order to break it.

    A single Univ in Lausannes did break one RSA 349....in less than a year.

    I just try to be positive, i am not only a dreamer )

    Best regards
    There are Treasures Everywhere

    In this World, before AI, we'll get Artificial Stupidity for sure


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM
  2. PwnageTool can’t find any firmware
    By Hal9000 in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
  3. help find downloaded firmware
    By epicrean@hotmail.com in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
  4. whr i can find the firmware detail !!
    By sam.samjohn in forum Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 02:46 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:28 AM.
twitter, follow us!