Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 141
Discuss [All Firmware] Should we go from 4.6 to 3.9??? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Thank you, i guess we can erase this thread now... but just one off topic ...
  1. #11
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thank you, i guess we can erase this thread now...

    but just one off topic question... were can i find a tutorial to go from 1.1.2, 4.6, 4.02.13 to 1.1.3, 4.6, 4.02.13????

    Thank you...


  2. #12
    drg
    drg is offline
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    I software downgraded to BL3.9 with ZI2.0. Worked flawlessly. I dont think there is much danger.

    I also think there will be a software upgrade from 3.9 to 4.6_GEOMOD eventually.

  3. #13
    The Man Array aviegas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drg View Post
    I software downgraded to BL3.9 with ZI2.0. Worked flawlessly. I dont think there is much danger.

    I also think there will be a software upgrade from 3.9 to 4.6_GEOMOD eventually.
    So far there is no indication that such an exploit exist that will allow "upgrading" the bootloader back to 4.6 (or 4.6_GEOMOD) by software. As I said "so far" and I do not dare saying it's impossible. But the question is: will someone take the time to pursue this exploit?

    There is no hurry. So far the only thing that does not work is "Google Maps Locate", but hey, who cares? It does not have GPS precision and it can be made to work by running "Locate Me" once per boot.

    Keeping you BL at 4.6 and running 1.1.3 with 04.02.13_G baseband is perfectly ok and will keep your phone ready for the next step. Downgrading to 3.9 may prevent a future upgrade.

    So the sound advice is: be patient. Stay with 4.6 and run 1.1.3 with the 1.1.2 BL. Give it 1 or 2 weeks and then rethink.

    People waited with the 4.6BL for months and now they can't wait a few more days ...

  4. #14
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone.

    I used ZiPhone v1 to jailbreak, activate and unlock which worked amazing - only problem i noticed was the google maps locate me feature.

    I then used ZiPhone v2.2 to downgrade the BL to 3.9 then update modem firmware to 04.03.13_G which worked FIRST time and the phone is running with no problems - all features working inc. google maps locate me!


    Just one question tho - WHY would you need to go back up to 4.6 ??
    My iPhone Blog
    1.1.2 iPhone OTB >> now on 1.1.3 | Bootloader 3.9 | Modem Firmware 04.03.13_G

  5. #15
    Senior Professional Array imvirus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snorkrat View Post
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone.

    I used ZiPhone v1 to jailbreak, activate and unlock which worked amazing - only problem i noticed was the google maps locate me feature.

    I then used ZiPhone v2.2 to downgrade the BL to 3.9 then update modem firmware to 04.03.13_G which worked FIRST time and the phone is running with no problems - all features working inc. google maps locate me!


    Just one question tho - WHY would you need to go back up to 4.6 ??

    It i said that once you go down to 3.9, then only way to go back up to 4.6 is thru HW way, but as drg had mentioned, there might be a software that can get you back up to 4.6 later on. Also another thing to consider is the new software Geohot is putting together, GeoMod I think it is called. I think this can make a 4.6 have a 04.013 and have a full 1.1.3 features working. But then again this has not been released and I believe is still in the works.
    Last edited by imvirus; 02-15-2008 at 05:37 PM.


  6. #16
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    All 1.1.1 and below came with 3.9, and aren't upgraded by Apple correct?

    Apple still has to support the older phones, and will make everything work with those as well as the 4.6 BL...

    If 4.6 was that great, and required for the future Apple would have all the phones upgraded to that BL with an update.

    I've taken 2 down to 3.9 already, and have zero regrets.

  7. #17
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSnow View Post
    All 1.1.1 and below came with 3.9, and aren't upgraded by Apple correct?

    Apple still has to support the older phones, and will make everything work with those as well as the 4.6 BL...

    If 4.6 was that great, and required for the future Apple would have all the phones upgraded to that BL with an update.

    I've taken 2 down to 3.9 already, and have zero regrets.
    I don't think that is Apple's reasoning for not upgrading the BL. The reasoning would be more due to the inherent risk in doing so.

  8. #18
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I completely agree with hat N41 & Aviegas mentioned.
    Everyone should hold and wait.
    Downgrading the BL from 4.6 to 3.9 just to get google locate to work is simply not worth the trouble. You use your iphone to make calls, listen to music, play a few games here and there ... you don't tap on that google locate many times a day.
    1.1.3 with BL 4.6 and BB 04.02.13_G is working fine.

  9. #19
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zetsurin View Post
    I don't think that is Apple's reasoning for not upgrading the BL. The reasoning would be more due to the inherent risk in doing so.
    That's correct. Risk !!!.
    You send out an update to upgrade BL.
    there's millions of iphones out there.
    Any issues, you can wiped out those people.
    Humm..... AT&T will be pissed.

  10. #20
    Senior Professional Array imvirus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    I completely agree with hat N41 & Aviegas mentioned.
    Everyone should hold and wait.
    Downgrading the BL from 4.6 to 3.9 just to get google locate to work is simply not worth the trouble. You use your iphone to make calls, listen to music, play a few games here and there ... you don't tap on that google locate many times a day.
    1.1.3 with BL 4.6 and BB 04.02.13_G is working fine.
    I couldn't agree more on that. I am one of those people who are taking N41's advice and wait for a new software soultion. Anyways to know where I am at when I'm using my iphone is not the primary reason why I bought an iphone in the first place. I can live without accurately knowing where I'm at using an iphone as long as my phone is functional.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. unlock: 2.2.1 firmware / bootloader 5.9 / modem firmware 04.26.08./sim gevey 3G.
    By djbigice in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 11:23 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:34 AM.
twitter, follow us!