Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss Activation needed averytime i switch SIM at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all, I am a MAC user, i successfully unlocked my iPhone using independence / ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Activation needed averytime i switch SIM

    Hi all,

    I am a MAC user, i successfully unlocked my iPhone using independence / anysim. Yesterday, i wanted to test a friend's simcard on my iphone for seeing how it works with his provider, and the iPhone asked for activation and didnt work with that simcard. I had to activate again using independence.

    My question is: is there any method to activate the iPhone for all simcards? because if in the future i sell my iPhone, if the customer is a dumb, i will have to activate the iPhone with his sim, and so so....

    Thanks in advance!

    Cheers!



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    Hi all,

    I am a MAC user, i successfully unlocked my iPhone using independence / anysim. Yesterday, i wanted to test a friend's simcard on my iphone for seeing how it works with his provider, and the iPhone asked for activation and didnt work with that simcard. I had to activate again using independence.

    My question is: is there any method to activate the iPhone for all simcards? because if in the future i sell my iPhone, if the customer is a dumb, i will have to activate the iPhone with his sim, and so so....

    Thanks in advance!

    Cheers!

    http://modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_OS_X_Part_4

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6378

    I have windows and used this, will i need to do anything extra if i want to switch sims with a friend? Im afraid to lock it.

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the link, but i have already unlocked my iPhone with anysim, the only thing i want to know is how to activate the iPhone for accept all simcards, without having to activate with independence everytime i put a new sim on the phone.

    Best regards

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    Thanks for the link, but i have already unlocked my iPhone with anysim, the only thing i want to know is how to activate the iPhone for accept all simcards, without having to activate with independence everytime i put a new sim on the phone.

    Best regards
    your welcome if you unlock with anysim it should accept every simcard you inserted...
    Last edited by jpuma1616; 09-22-2007 at 01:18 PM.


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So you mean the only thing i have to do is download the lockdownd file from your link and upload to the iphone using i.e. fugu and restart the phone, and now will accept all simcards without activation?

    I will test and let you know, thanks for the info.

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsreptar View Post
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6378

    I have windows and used this, will i need to do anything extra if i want to switch sims with a friend? Im afraid to lock it.


    try it..its not going to lock your phone again.

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    So you mean the only thing i have to do is download the lockdownd file from your link and upload to the iphone using i.e. fugu and restart the phone, and now will accept all simcards without activation?

    I will test and let you know, thanks for the info.
    yes, you need to upload the patched lockdownd file to /usr/libexec

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you jpuma1616 and smb.conf. It works, only upload the patched lockdownd file and i can exchange sims without activate everytime.

    Chhers!

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    Thank you jpuma1616 and smb.conf. It works, only upload the patched lockdownd file and i can exchange sims without activate everytime.

    Chhers!
    your welcome


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 09:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 03:18 PM
  3. [Activation Screen Bypass/ 2.0 for 2G,3G] app needed!
    By saxosuper1600 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:07 PM
  5. Iphone Activation help needed
    By breezie in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 07:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:03 PM.
twitter, follow us!