Discuss [4.6] Software Unlock / caution, u can get a brick at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by ABuNeNe
Does this work on a 1.1.2 accidently upgraded to 1.1.3 via ...
You serious? Have you not seen people saying 1.1.3 OTB can be done with this (which it can, as Ive done a few myself already), of coures it can be done if you accidentally upgraded to 1.1.3.
Originally Posted by ABuNeNe
AWSOME!!! u rock GEOHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love u mann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i totally forgot to put on airplane mode while performing gunlock
now my phone is struck in DFU mode even if i tried to restore to any firmware it wont work
I tried gunlock on an OTB 1.1.2 that has been accidentialy updated to 1.1.3 using iTunes. I had restored it back to 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 and then did a dev team 1.1.3 update, so I got a nice iPod touch.
For unlocking it using gunlock, I restored to 1.0.2 and ran gunlock with the 04.02.13_G.fls. After reboot the iPhone "Needs Repair" and I can't even get it to activate on 1.0.2 using iNdependence or iBrickr or on 1.1.1 using jailbreakme.com since the baseband seems to be completely bad.
Further the iPhone is sooo slow and even restoring to 1.1.3 using iTunes results in recovery mode.
Is there any chance to get it working again?
so there are many like me , who did the blunder of not putting the phone into airplane mode and I think there is a solution I did the following things and phone has brough tear to me and back to life I am so happy that it worked.
Originally Posted by vicko
I had 1.1.2 (OTB) and I screwed it first like you
Note:Once you got 1011 error while restoring to 1.1.1 after trying the software unlock and unsuccesssful jailbreak with repair needed message do the below with AT&T SIM in your phone.
***Please read each step completely before attempting***
1. Restore the phone to 1.1.3 from itunes (don't worry it won't brick the phone it will fix all error but keep your phone locked with BB 04:03:13_G don't panic), you might get error like invalid sim or place unlocked sim etc just ignore.
2. Now put the restore mode again in itunes and shift+select 1.1.1 firware from there and follow the instrunction from here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461 till step 22 (do not upgrade to 1.1.2 yet), just one tweak open itune again before starting jailbreak 1.1.1.
3. Install oktoprep (1.1.1 tweaks)
4. Install BSD Subsystem, SSH and Term-vt100 from system(if you don't see this install few bigboss sources)
5. Installer - Source - Edit - Add - Add Source - http://www.sendowski.de/iphone - ok (refresh one more time just in case)
6. Set Auto-lock to Never
7. Installer - install - “sendowski.de Unlock” - “Gunlock" (there might be many unlock package find one from endowski.de), by now your invalid SIM message shoud go. restart your phone manually once.
8. Now do the shift+update to 1.1.2 from itunes (Warning: do not restore to 1.1.2 this will erase oktoprep)
9. After completion Close iTunes then extract the 1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (You can google it if you don't have one) into folder.
10. open jailbreak.jar (sometime it may not work try windows.bat), check Install ssh and press jailbreak and wait.
11. Whens it done a popup will appear letting you know the jailbreak has been successful! During this process the phone may be rebooted a few times.
12. Now you have a jailbroken and unlcoked iphone which can be used with any GSM carrier (use iworld outside US), this works with and without ***SIM.
13. If you face issue with signal then Installer - install - “sendowski.de Unlock” - “Bricktool/signalfix" and restart your phone manually once (I didn't have this issue so I am not sure about this step)
Let me know if this works for others
sorry for my poor english
1.1.2 (O.T.B) --> Jailbreak -->**SIM-->tried software unlock-->screwed-->follwed above steps-->Unlcoked 1.1.2
i did tried restore back to 1.1.3 but itunes wont let me
it keeps displaying error 1610(i believe) then restore fail
I am sure you would have done this but still "did you put the phone in restore mode by Press and hold Home and Power button of your iPhone at the same time. Once the screen turns black, release the power button but keep on holding the Home button until Apple logo changes to the restore screen. Note: The screen may also just stay black. This is normal. Just hold the home button till iTunes detects the iPhone in computer" and then restore to 1.1.3 just in case
Originally Posted by Dreamsvender
when i try restore to 1.1.3 the errors 1603 and 1604 appear.
I have restarted my mac and change the usb port.
Restoring to 1.1.2 Is working.
I will try restore to 1.1.3 after that.
Just change to PC with Windows XP and Itunes 7.5
Now i can continue with the rest of the tutorial.
Last edited by tlacuas; 02-09-2008 at 09:02 PM.
When i finished all the steps (13) i have "NO SERVICE".
Now the iphone is:
Modem Firmware: 04.02.13_G
YEAH! I managed to remedy the "iPhone needs repair" thing!
Actually I had to restore to 1.0.2 used iBrickr to jailbreak and pacay to activate. Afterwards iBrickr was unable to install any PXL so I had to take a detour and had to get Term-vt100 myself on the phone and use the com.apple.update trick to get it executable. Fortuanetly, iBrickr was able to download files to the phone. So I downloaded gunlock to the phone and ran it from Term-vt100 and BINGO!
iPhone's back in business again!
By sandim in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
By moli in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
By maschel in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
By FJT in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
By Brian82 in forum General
Last Post: 09-19-2007, 12:21 AM