Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Discuss [2.0][Unlock from previous IPSF] at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hmmm, ok, finished my tests, and the bottom line is... it doesn't work. I cannot ...
  1. #11
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Hmmm, ok, finished my tests, and the bottom line is... it doesn't work. I cannot replicate my initial finding of getting a signal with a voda sim, and in fact now have a phone I cannot activate.

    So, a few more details...

    I updated from 1.1.4 to 2.0 with my activated O2 sim in the phone. iTunes activated the phone, I saw a signal, changed to my voda SIM and all looked good. Restarted the phone, got the "invalid SIM" message. Put my O2 SIM back in and still got the "invalid SIM" message. Aaargh. Swapped again and the phone crashed... badly. It got stuck with the settings screen half open, and froze, and nothing I could do would get it going again (including the old DFU tricks). Did a restore to a fresh 2.0.

    The the fun started as other have experienced. iTunes would not reactivate at all, and kept asking for a valid SIM, despite my O2 one being in. Yes, this is a US phone, so I dug out my ATT sim, and had the usual signup stuff, but no activation.

    My conclusions: (a) IPSF unlock does persist, but activation is stuffed unless you use a valid SIM for the territory your phone was made for. (b) Firmware and/or hardware is country specific- my phone "knows" it needs an ATT sim, and will not go even with an active O2 sim.

    Just as well I have a 3G to keep me happy. I'll join the queue waiting for a JB and activation hack, but hopefully won't need an unlock!


  2. #12
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetechnogeek View Post
    (b) Firmware and/or hardware is country specific- my phone "knows" it needs an ATT sim, and will not go even with an active O2 sim.
    When you're trying to activate is your iTunes at the US store or the UK store? (i.e., are you trying to activate with your O2 sim while logged in to the UK store?)

  3. #13
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldhilljr View Post
    When you're trying to activate is your iTunes at the US store or the UK store? (i.e., are you trying to activate with your O2 sim while logged in to the UK store?)
    Yup, O2 sim with UK store. No dice

  4. #14
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    my uk bought iphone activated with my Tesco PAYG sim, Tesco mobile uses the O2 network.

  5. #15
    Board Hero Array gaz919's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    the problem with the ipsf type unlock is since 1.1.3 you need to ad the signal app to the phone which runs some commands at boot and gets you signal back automatically. This is already well documented on this forum. As far as I know 2.0 will most likelly still be unlocked with an ipsf unlock but you would still need the signal app installed for when you reboot the phone. With 2.0 there is no jailbreak or activation yet, and no installer yet, so you will have no way to get the signal app on your phone.

    I would suggest waiting for a 2.0 unlocking tool or downgrading your phone and looking up the signal app you need. It is well documented under ipsf unlock or gunlock I think, but I'm not looking it up for you. you really should have found out more about the ipsf unlock before you did it anysim and iliberty and bootnewter dont have the same problem.
    Good luck


  6. #16
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz919 View Post
    the problem with the ipsf type unlock is since 1.1.3 you need to ad the signal app to the phone which runs some commands at boot and gets you signal back automatically. This is already well documented on this forum. As far as I know 2.0 will most likelly still be unlocked with an ipsf unlock but you would still need the signal app installed for when you reboot the phone. With 2.0 there is no jailbreak or activation yet, and no installer yet, so you will have no way to get the signal app on your phone.

    I would suggest waiting for a 2.0 unlocking tool or downgrading your phone and looking up the signal app you need. It is well documented under ipsf unlock or gunlock I think, but I'm not looking it up for you. you really should have found out more about the ipsf unlock before you did it anysim and iliberty and bootnewter dont have the same problem.
    Good luck
    I thought that the reason ipsf unlock needed signal.app was becasue no one could correctly modify the lockdown. Back in the 1.02 days lockdowns actually came from apple when people sent the phone into for repair (i think, dont quote me or anything)

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
  2. [1.1.3] 4_03_14G unlocked (previous IPSF)
    By kayokid in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 06:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:35 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:56 AM.
twitter, follow us!