Discuss [1.1.4][No service]Not sure what's next at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Need help.
I've unlocked/jailbreaked my phone tons of times and I don't seem to be ...
[1.1.4][No service]Not sure what's next
I've unlocked/jailbreaked my phone tons of times and I don't seem to be able to get a call. I get the no service issue. Sometimes, I see my provider Rogers (I'm from Canada) but even when I see my provider up there, there's no network and all calls fail.
I do know that I don't have network issues because when I switch my sim card to my N95, all works perfectly a couple of seconds later at the same place.
I purchased this iphone from the states, from an apple store brand new. I don't know what version it was but I think it's a 1.1.4. Why? Because when I did a DFU restore and used the emergency call *3001#12345#* to see my version, I get this:
fw version: 04.04.05_G
Then I unlock/jailbreak using pwnage, iplus, ziphone...All works well even WiFi but not the call.
Is it software? Hardware? Anything else I can try?
I also tried forcing the IMEI to the correct one using ZiPhone but it did not work
Don't Don't use ziphone !!!
When did you purchase it? Recently?.
The only thing you need to do with a brand new 1.1.4 OTB is to use iplus or iLiberty+ (windows) or iLibertyX (Mac). Once it's done, if you don't get signal; go to settings - general - reset all.
I purchased it 7 days ago.
I already used Ziphone. So what do I do to go back in time to how the phone was?
DFU my phone. Then use itunes to go to 1.1.4 then use iplus?
can you confirm if my SIM card has to be in the phone while using iLiberty?
Because I just did all this and I keep getting the issue.
I did your reset all step after iLiberty. And at the top, I do get "CAN Rogers Wireless Inc" but the network bars are at 0 and everytime I try to do a call, it says immediatly "call failed".
On my other phone, same place, same time, I have a network and can call.
Exactly what I did:
- Powered my iphone off.
- Pressed and hold Home button and connect to PC
- I am now in DFU mode
- Launch itunes 7.4
- Shift click restore and take the 1.1.4 ipsw I downloaded from Apple's website
- iTunes says it cannot activate my iphone because I'm not using 7.5 or greater
- Launch iLiberty+
- On the main page(standard), I check all 5 options (jailbreak, activate, unlock, downgrade bootloader, setup installer
I don't touch anything in "advanced" (even though I can see there's an option saying "fix no service" in advanced).
Last edited by turag; 05-28-2008 at 12:52 AM.
You can have either the AT&T or your own SIM in there.
- Use iTunes 7.6 (latest version works)
- run itunes
- connect phones
- ignore the itunes message
- press power + home until phone reboot
- count to 6 (if you see the apple, you're late so start over)
- let go power button & continue holding home.
- itune will detect phone in recovery mode
- let go home button.
This is the DFU mode. your phone screen should be dark.
- now select your 1.1.4 fw and restore.
- when done, you can use iLiberty+
- select jailbreak, activate, unlock, installer (this is the very basic selection)
- hit go for it.
Hopefully, when it is done, you'll be up and running. if you get no service, go to settings - general - reset all.
By benson5586 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
By ZeRaWaReZ in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
Last Post: 12-29-2009, 11:03 PM
By monsterx in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
By arthertbc0702 in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
By firewire in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:39 AM