Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 138
Discuss [1.1.4][iLiberty+ for Windows] Unlock step-by-step for newbies at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I just got my iPhone in from eBay and it is unlocked and jailbroken however ...
  1. #41
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I just got my iPhone in from eBay and it is unlocked and jailbroken however im running 1.1.4 and the youtube app does not work, it always says "cannot connect" right now im using mxtube instead, but id like to have youtube working.
    Also my weather app always has the default cities shown, and every time i go in to change it to my city it changes it back to those default cities as soon as i exit the app.

    Should i just restore my iPhone in iTunes and follow the steps on the 1st page to unlock and jailbreak the phone again so that the weather & youtube apps work again ?
    Last edited by nikedunks; 07-03-2008 at 07:33 AM.


  2. #42
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikedunks View Post
    I just got my iPhone in from eBay and it is unlocked and jailbroken however im running 1.1.4 and the youtube app does not work, it always says "cannot connect" right now im using mxtube instead, but id like to have youtube working.
    Also my weather app always has the default cities shown, and every time i go in to change it to my city it changes it back to those default cities as soon as i exit the app.

    Should i just restore my iPhone in iTunes and follow the steps on the 1st page to unlock and jailbreak the phone again so that the weather & youtube apps work again ?
    Well, at least there is something wrong with the permissions, otherwise you should be able to change cities in weather app. You could DFU restore your iPhone and follow the steps to unlock. July 11 will bring firmware 2.0 on the other hand, so you might want to wait and see if there is something after July 11 for your iPhone you want to have.

    If I were you I would collect some more information on the iPhone's history. So if you do have Installer on the iPhone, you might want to add the source http://www.trejan.com/irepo and install the app "Hardware Info". After installing run it. Look for "Serial Number". The first 5 digits/numbers will tell you production week. This way you can find out the OOTB firmware / Bootloader it came with. Important aswell to check the first 6 Digits of "Wi-Fi" to make sure no one messed around with your iPhone while unlocking with an improper unlock tool....

    So if you like, just post the first 5 digits/characters of your "Serial Number", the first 6 digits of "WiFi", and (on the bottom of hardware Info's Baseband section) the value for "Modem Firmware" and "Bootloader Version". I will tell you a bit about your iPhone's history then.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #43
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Well, at least there is something wrong with the permissions, otherwise you should be able to change cities in weather app. You could DFU restore your iPhone and follow the steps to unlock. July 11 will bring firmware 2.0 on the other hand, so you might want to wait and see if there is something after July 11 for your iPhone you want to have.

    If I were you I would collect some more information on the iPhone's history. So if you do have Installer on the iPhone, you might want to add the source http://www.trejan.com/irepo and install the app "Hardware Info". After installing run it. Look for "Serial Number". The first 5 digits/numbers will tell you production week. This way you can find out the OOTB firmware / Bootloader it came with. Important aswell to check the first 6 Digits of "Wi-Fi" to make sure no one messed around with your iPhone while unlocking with an improper unlock tool....

    So if you like, just post the first 5 digits/characters of your "Serial Number", the first 6 digits of "WiFi", and (on the bottom of hardware Info's Baseband section) the value for "Modem Firmware" and "Bootloader Version". I will tell you a bit about your iPhone's history then.

    volkspost

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    The first 5 digits/characters of the Serial #: 5K823 and first 6 digits of WiFi: 001:1E:C, Modem Firmware: 04.04.05_G, and Bootloader Version: 3.9_M3S2

    Thanks again for the help.

  4. #44
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Everything worked....except one thing :-/

    Hello,

    As you are well aware of by now, great guide and thank you very much. I purchased my iPhone off ebay and it was already jailbroken, unlocked, activated, etc... however when I popped my T-mobile SIM card in it it displays "Locked SIM". I restored it via iTunes to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (4A102). I followed your guide step by step to the end. Here is the problem, the settings for BootNeuter were already exactly the same as what you say to change it to. So I press Flash and it says there is no need to flash because everything is the same. So instead I downgraded to 3.9. After this the "Locked SIM" in the upper left corner of the screen goes away and it displays the bar icon showing barely or no reception. It remains this way for 15 seconds or so and then reverts back to the "Locked SIM" display. After this I went back to BootNeuter and upgraded back to 4.6. However it changed nothing it still did the exact same thing. Any ideas why everything is done but the SIM card remains locked? I have T-Mobile just like you so it should work right?!?! If you could help me out I would appreciate it very very much. Thank you.

    ~GCSexton6

  5. #45
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GCSexton6 View Post
    Hello,

    As you are well aware of by now, great guide and thank you very much. I purchased my iPhone off ebay and it was already jailbroken, unlocked, activated, etc... however when I popped my T-mobile SIM card in it it displays "Locked SIM". I restored it via iTunes to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (4A102). I followed your guide step by step to the end. Here is the problem, the settings for BootNeuter were already exactly the same as what you say to change it to. So I press Flash and it says there is no need to flash because everything is the same. So instead I downgraded to 3.9. After this the "Locked SIM" in the upper left corner of the screen goes away and it displays the bar icon showing barely or no reception. It remains this way for 15 seconds or so and then reverts back to the "Locked SIM" display. After this I went back to BootNeuter and upgraded back to 4.6. However it changed nothing it still did the exact same thing. Any ideas why everything is done but the SIM card remains locked? I have T-Mobile just like you so it should work right?!?! If you could help me out I would appreciate it very very much. Thank you.

    ~GCSexton6
    "Locked SIM" is only displayed if you set your simcard to be locked once in a mobile phone and the phone started. You should have (4 digits in most cases) PIN that locks a mobile phone. When you see the "locked SIM" window on the iPhone you should see a button labeled "unlock". You then see the keypad and have to type in the PIN of your Simcard.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #46
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikedunks View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    The first 5 digits/characters of the Serial #: 5K823 and first 6 digits of WiFi: 001:1E:C, Modem Firmware: 04.04.05_G, and Bootloader Version: 3.9_M3S2

    Thanks again for the help.
    As far as I know, all iPhones produced this year have a serial number starting with 88. So your was produced in week 23 of last year, one of the very first ones. It came with Bootloader 3.9 and still has it. Short explanation: Starting at around week 44 last year (as far as I remember) iPhones had OOTB firmware 1.1.2 with Bootloader 4.6. Some Unlock methods for those downgrade the Bootloader to 3.9. So, your's is the original - fine. Modem firmware matches firmware 1.1.4, Wi-fi tells us that it is original (Apples numbers start with those), fine aswell.

    So, if this would be my iPhone, I would use it as is for now and wait for July 11th, see what happens.

    If you cant wait, you can DFU restore (search the forum please on how-to get into DFU mode) the iPhone to 1.1.4. Will be locked then. You can use this tutorial then to jailbreak, activate and unlock your iPhone.

    Hope that helps
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #47
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    is the bootneuter safe to use as in if worst comes to worse that something goes wrong could be anything can my iphone still have a chance.... im sure nothing going to happen im just saying is this a safe and trusted tutorial that i can use

  8. #48
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It is safe .
    Main thing is do not interrupt it while it is running.
    What's going on with your phone?
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  9. #49
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    It is safe .
    Main thing is do not interrupt it while it is running.
    What's going on with your phone?
    no no nothing
    i my phone is in perfect condition but im debating on what to do
    cause i have bad experience with my iphone so i dont know what i should do
    if i follow everything well will it be good

  10. #50
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi ,the "Go for it" button is grayed out,and it's only available when the iPhone is in recovery mode,but when i click "Go for it" in recovery mode it says that it won't upload the payloads unless i go back to normal mode,so i go back to normal mode,and the "Go for it" button gets grayed out again...

    Any help?


 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 02-18-2009, 04:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 12:30 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 02:12 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:29 PM.
twitter, follow us!