Discuss [1.1.4] EVERYTHING - my installation & configuration steps at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Greetings,
After buying a new iPhone I browsed many forums and guides, read more than ...
[1.1.4] EVERYTHING - my installation & configuration steps
After buying a new iPhone I browsed many forums and guides, read more than a few thousand posts and guides in less than a week.
All the required information is already available online and ready to use. But the problem (for me) was you had to go many sites/pages/blogs to combine all of them together to get a brand new iPhone working WITH MANY USEFUL applications inside. (Or if there is such a guide, I could not find it yet).
Finally after combining many information bits together, I started and successfully completed my iPhone setup&configuration. Now I have a working iPhone with:
* Modem firmware=04.02.13_G
* Bootloader=4.6_M3S2 (I preferred not to downgrade the BL)
EDIT #1: Following this guide's way (using 2 different ziphone versions for different tasks) will NOT downgrade your BL (BootLoader) to version 3.9. IT WILL STAY AS IS (4.6).
Now, I am providing my notes below so that people who need this can use this procedure without spending as much time as I did.
I am aware that this is not a full compherensive guide, but it should be helpful to most newbies either fully or at least partially.
I want to thank everyone who contributed to iPhone community in this forum, other forums and via their blogs. It's wonderful to have so much people trying to help each other.
///////////////// BEGIN /////////////////
I started with a brand new iPhone.
04.03.13_G - OTB 1.1.3 iPhone (Bootloader 4.6)
UPGRADING TO 1.1.4, ACTIVATING, JAILBREAKING, UNLOCKING
1. Install iTunes 220.127.116.11 and restart the PC to make sure services started. Note: Vista x64 works fine and it should work on Vista x86 also.
2. Connect iPhone to USB port of the computer. After driver installation is complete, run iTunes and using SHIFT + Restore upgrade firmware to 1.1.4.
3. Extract ziphone-2.5.exe by running it and specifying the directory.
4. Extract ziphone-2.3.zip.
5. Start the command prompt and change directory (cd) to go to the extracted ziphone v2.5 directory. Run the command
○ "ziphone -a -j" to activate & jailbreak. Wait for 45 seconds.
NOTE: iTunes was running while I did this - not sure if needed.
6. On the command prompt change directory (cd) to go to the extracted ziphone v2.3 directory. Run the command
○ "ziphone -u" to unlock. Insert your own Sim Card and try. It should now work.
NOTE: iTunes was running while I did this - not sure if needed.
CUSTOMIZATION & APPLICATION INSTALLATION TASKS
7. Go to Settings and set General > Auto-Lock = Never.
8. Go to Settings turn on Wi-Fi and connect to the Wireless Access Point.
9. Remove Z icon from the SpringBoard. (personal taste)
10. Go to Installer & when prompted, apply the update to the installer, SpringBoards should restart automatically.
11. Refresh Sources
a. Go to Sources and click "Edit" and remove all sources (first one at the top is not removable)
b. Go to Install > Sources > Community Sources and click install.
c. Go to Sources > and click *********
12. Go to Installer & Install BSD Tools & restart SpringBoards.
13. installl OpenSSH & Reset SpringBoards. If you receive an error about package download, check below. After installation of OpenSSH launch putty on a PC and wait up to a minute to connect (keygen is generating the keys…) logon with root/alpine to check and "exit".
14. Fix 1.1.3 "mobile" user related permission problems. Run these on the SSH console
○ chmod 777 /var/root/Library
○ chmod 777 /var/root/Library/Preferences
○ chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile
○ mkdir -p /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib
○ ln -s /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/.
15. install Terminal VT-100, try it and make sure it works (you receive login screen). If you receive an error about package download, check below.
16. If you face a VT-100 terminal login problem, fix as with ( chmod +s /Applications/Term-vt100.app/Term-vt100 )
17. Change default passwords using Perl generated hash (do NOT use "passwd" command).
a. Change "root" user's password.
b. Change "mobile" user's password.
NOTE: How to set password? See >> http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...issues-in-113/
18. Turn off predictive dictionary.
a. Install "Tweaks (1.1.1) > kb2" from sources
b. Restart springboard
c. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Auto-Correction=OFF.
19. Fix "Call Forwarding Active" message display on outgoing calls
a. Add to sources >> http://sendowski.de/iphone
b. Install Tweaks 1.1.3 > ForwardmsGfix 1.1.3
c. Restart the phone to make it active.
20. Operator Logo Modification
○ Smaller font size for logos - this is only required if your Operator's name is longer than usual (mine is TR TURKCELL huh)
i. Download file /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard to your PC and edit with a hex editor
ii. Search for "loopOperatorToBeginning", go a little bit upwards, and change "font-size: 14px;" to "font-size: 09px;" and save & upload the file to iPhone.
iii. Restart iPhone.
21. Check YouTube (it should be working!)
22. To set VoiceMail to Turkcell, call *5005*86*7565# (Note: Turkcell's voicemail number is 7565, so I suppose you can just changed the last part to your operator's voicemail and it may work for you, try & see lol)
23. Install applications/fixes etc. from sources.
a. Utilities > LocateMe
b. Utilities > PDFReader
Create the directory to place PDF's into >> "mkdir -p /var/root/Media/PDF"
c. Productivity > Books
d. Productivity > weDict
e. Productivity > iSim
i. Provides access to Sim Card contents. Free version allows accessing one item at a time - but it works.
f. Productivity > MobileFinder
i. Filesystem Navigation (browser). App icon name is "Finder".
g. Dictionaries > Merriam-Webster
h. Tools > BBInfo 1.1
i. Tools > BatteryInfo 1.0
j. Tools > Hardware Info
k. Utilities > SysInfo 1.0
l. Utilities > Converter
m. Utilities > SMSNotify
n. Utilities > Poof
o. Misc > iMoon (Provides date conversion between the western calendar (julian?) and the islamic one - don't know English name of this calendar lol)
p. Utilities > weTool (to delete individual msg/call) [EDIT #2 >> See post #63 in this thread for an update about weTool]
q. Tweaks (1.1.3) > 1.1.3/4 Safari Patch (adds file:/// support to Safari)
r. System > Categories (helps to order the home screen (springboard) icon mess. (I suppose Poof -latest version!- is also needed to unhide some icons because I had a problem once and poof solved).
24. System > SummerBoard
25. SummerBoard Theme Permissions Fix
i. Alternative #1: Tweaks (1.3.1) > SummerBoardFix
ii. Alternative #2: To fix summerboard themes in 1.1.3 add to sources > touchrepo.com/repo.xml and install "Tweaks 1.1.3 > Theme Fix"
26. Install Games - using Categorize move all these to "Games" category
a. CaisaChess (there is also at least one skin/theme for this board, but I did not try yet)
d. MobileTetrominos (tetris on the iPhone)
27. Install dictionaries (EN > TR, TR > EN, RU > EN, EN > RU, Common abbreviations, CIA world fact book, etc.)
28. Set up and test IMAP mail account(s). Note: I (intentionally) did not use EDGE. So I did not try it. But it should work after you enter correct details - if anyone can confirm and let me know, I'll update it here, thx.
29. Configure iTunes settings and perform a full sync (import Contacts via Outlook, set photos folder to sync, choose your videos etc).
///////////////// END /////////////////
Last edited by themrwho; 02-19-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Reason: EDIT #1: Edit clear message about BL not being downgraded + EDGE + also fixed some typos lol. // EDIT #2: weTools update.
Thanks for your instuctions.
Can i do ziphone -u (unlock) with ziphone 2.5c? (and then not downloading the bootloader?)
Thanks nice guide, i'd probably add iPhysics to the games section, it has to be one of the best.
just add this repo http://iphone.r4m0n.net/repos
Hmm, from what you say,
If you use ZiPhone 2.5 to jailbreak and activate, and ZiPhone 2.3 to unlock, your bootloader won't get touched?
Can anyone confirm this? I would try but I really don't want to go to 3.9 BL.
if you use ZiPhone 2.5c and go to the advanced tab and don't select downgrade bootloader then it will use an older baseband that works with the 4.6BL
Originally Posted by AzN-WoNd3R5
great, exactly what i have been looking for. so no DFU or Recovery Mode needed in any step?
Themrwho: Fantastic guide. I have only one question regarding your IMAP success.
I am in Ecuador on a local carrier and have successfully (for some time) enabled Internet access via Edge using the proxy.pac/preferences.plst modifications. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting my IMAP accounts to work over Edge with this solution.
Do you have any recommendations on this front? IMAP works over wifi, just not over Edge.
SimPort form installer.iclarifien.com will copy all your sim contacts at once.
Sorry can't help you on that, because I use only Wi-Fi.
Actually I did not even configure Edge yet (not needed for me yet).
Originally Posted by rem-ecu
Originally Posted by royial
You are welcome. Regarding your question, the quote below is from ziphone's website. From this I understand that 2.5c WILL DOWNGRADE your BL if you try to unlock. But I did not test this personally.
I have been told that the main
cause of NO WIFI problem is due to
the use of another JB method prior to ZiPhone.
For other stupid problems, just set the phone
as a NEW PHONE after restore then sync.
Version 2.5c is RELEASED.
2.5b had a small bug and could not downgrade the bootloader.
Click on Download ZiPhone to get it !
By Mihai Gheorghe in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM
By candelaver in forum Installation
Last Post: 11-24-2009, 12:41 AM
By Quale in forum Installation
Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:22 AM
By Dorignan in forum Hardware
Last Post: 05-13-2009, 03:06 AM
By Fl0rent in forum Hardware
Last Post: 02-27-2009, 08:36 AM