Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Discuss 1.1.4 (1.0.2 otb) no service at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #11
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Sorry, I am tired trying to find out what you did cause you are too layzy to type. I sent you a pattern, stick with it or I am out
    Important: after finding out you had to viaginise and so to downgrade, did you downgrade the baseband before downgrading the firmwareß Details, please

    1. FW 1.0.2 with AnySIM 1.0.2 -> Signal working
    2. Upgraded to FW 1.1.4 (without virginizing before), tried to unlock with ZiPhone -> No Signal
    3. ?????
    1. FW 1.0.2 with AnySIM 1.0.2 -> Signal working
    2. Upgraded to FW 1.1.4 (without virginizing before), tried to unlock with ZiPhone -> No Signal
    3. tried to downgrade to 1.1.3 and unlock with ziphone (I had signal but it was not stable)
    4. restore to 1.1.4 unlock with ziphone (NO SERVICE)
    5. downgraded the baseband and then restored to 1.1.1 (I had some problem to put installer on iPhone, but using SSH and following a guide I found here in the forum I was able to have installer in my iPhone and I installed "the virginizer")
    6. virginize and restore to 1.1.4
    7. applied iliberty "NO SERVICE" (bootneuter after the unlock give me: bootloader 3.9, Neuter OFF, FakeBlank OFF, Unlock ON)
    8. turned Neuter ON, flash....NO SERVICE
    9. turned OFF NEUTER and UNLOCK, restore to 1.1.4 and unlock with iliberty. No service is always there.
    This is all the story of my iPhone...let me know if you need anything further.
    Last edited by alehor; 08-29-2008 at 12:39 PM.


  2. #12
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    OK, thanks for the complete history.
    My guess would be that something happened in step 2 & 3. Maybe cause of not virginizing or the use of ZipPhone at 1.1.4 you could not unlock. In step 3 was the last time you had a signal - at least now and then. From then on you were without signal, whatever you tried to do.
    The good news is that you still have Wi-Fi, IMEI aso.
    Let me get a second oppion on this, just need to doublecheck if the idea is ok. The guy is in another timezone, will take about 6-8 hours from now.
    One last question (just for the next steps), are you on a Windows PC or Mac?

    v.

    Quote Originally Posted by alehor View Post
    1. FW 1.0.2 with AnySIM 1.0.2 -> Signal working
    2. Upgraded to FW 1.1.4 (without virginizing before), tried to unlock with ZiPhone -> No Signal
    3. tried to downgrade to 1.1.3 and unlock with ziphone (I had signal but it was not stable)
    4. restore to 1.1.4 unlock with ziphone (NO SERVICE)
    5. downgraded the baseband and then restored to 1.1.1 (I had some problem to put installer on iPhone, but using SSH and following a guide I found here in the forum I was able to have installer in my iPhone and I installed "the virginizer")
    6. virginize and restore to 1.1.4
    7. applied iliberty "NO SERVICE" (bootneuter after the unlock give me: bootloader 3.9, Neuter OFF, FakeBlank OFF, Unlock ON)
    8. turned Neuter ON, flash....NO SERVICE
    9. turned OFF NEUTER and UNLOCK, restore to 1.1.4 and unlock with iliberty. No service is always there.
    This is all the story of my iPhone...let me know if you need anything further.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #13
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    OK, thanks for the complete history.
    My guess would be that something happened in step 2 & 3. Maybe cause of not virginizing or the use of ZipPhone at 1.1.4 you could not unlock. In step 3 was the last time you had a signal - at least now and then. From then on you were without signal, whatever you tried to do.
    The good news is that you still have Wi-Fi, IMEI aso.
    Let me get a second oppion on this, just need to doublecheck if the idea is ok. The guy is in another timezone, will take about 6-8 hours from now.
    One last question (just for the next steps), are you on a Windows PC or Mac?

    v.
    Yes at 1.1.3 was the last time I had signal.
    I'm on a PC.
    I'll wait for your help. Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by alehor; 08-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.

  4. #14
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehor View Post
    1. FW 1.0.2 with AnySIM 1.0.2 -> Signal working
    2. Upgraded to FW 1.1.4 (without virginizing before), tried to unlock with ZiPhone -> No Signal
    3. tried to downgrade to 1.1.3 and unlock with ziphone (I had signal but it was not stable)
    4. restore to 1.1.4 unlock with ziphone (NO SERVICE)
    5. downgraded the baseband and then restored to 1.1.1 (I had some problem to put installer on iPhone, but using SSH and following a guide I found here in the forum I was able to have installer in my iPhone and I installed "the virginizer")
    6. virginize and restore to 1.1.4
    7. applied iliberty "NO SERVICE" (bootneuter after the unlock give me: bootloader 3.9, Neuter OFF, FakeBlank OFF, Unlock ON)
    8. turned Neuter ON, flash....NO SERVICE
    9. turned OFF NEUTER and UNLOCK, restore to 1.1.4 and unlock with iliberty. No service is always there.
    This is all the story of my iPhone...let me know if you need anything further.
    I'm going to respond to each of your step with ok and not ok (not ok=wrong)

    1. ok
    2. Not ok (BB=04.04.05_G)
    3. Not ok (BB=04.03.13_G) - how can you unlock the baseband and get signal here?. There's never been a native unlock for that baseband. Ziphone at that time was designed for 1.1.4, it lets you unlock 04.04.05_G OR operate in hybrid mode where the baseband is 04.02.13_G.
    4. Not ok
    5. OK - provided you do it correctly and I hope you did.
    6. ok - did the virgnizer give you any errors?
    7. ok - (that's gunlock i think ...)
    8. that is expected because you only have neuter=on. You need to have neuter=on, fakeblank=off, unlock=on and hit flash for a complete unlock
    9. ok. Now you have 1.1.4, you used iLiberty to jailbreak, activate and unlock.

    At this point, I want you to install bootneuter, run it (do not hit flash). It will report the current settings of your phone. Report that information back for me (current settings appear in blue). After that, hit the home key to quit bootneuter.
    Last edited by dtube; 08-29-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  5. #15
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    I'm going to respond to each of your step with ok and not ok (not ok=wrong)

    1. ok
    2. Not ok (BB=04.04.05_G)
    3. Not ok (BB=04.03.13_G) - how can you unlock the baseband and get signal here?. There's never been a native unlock for that baseband. Ziphone at that time was designed for 1.1.4, it lets you unlock 04.04.05_G OR operate in hybrid mode where the baseband is 04.02.13_G.
    4. Not ok
    5. OK - provided you do it correctly and I hope you did.
    6. ok - did the virgnizer give you any errors?
    7. not ok. Something is not right here. If you use iLiberty, and you selected jailbreak, activate, unlock. The bootloader should be FakeBlank. If you use iLiberty just to jailbreak & activate (unlock not selected), and use bootneuter afterward then the settings should be neuter=on, fakeblank=off, unlock=on.
    8. that is expected because you only have neuter=on. You need to have neuter=on, fakeblank=off, unlock=on and hit flash for a complete unlock
    9. ok. Now you have 1.1.4, you used iLiberty to jailbreak, activate and unlock.

    At this point, I want you to install bootneuter, run it (do not hit flash). It will report the current settings of your phone. Report that information back for me (current settings appears in blue). After that, hit the home key to quit bootneuter.
    I think that The Virginizer worked, no error messagge.
    7. I used iliberty to jailbreak, activate and unlock. Bootneuter gave me Bootloader 3.9, neuter OFF, FakeBlank OFF and Unlock ON. after that I switched ON neuter and flash the iPhone. The flash was succesfull but the iPhone was still showing NO SERVICE.
    Bootneuter installed find below the results:
    Bootloadr 3.9
    Neuter OFF
    FakeBlank OFF
    Unlock ON


  6. #16
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Please ignore my #7 comment. I edited my post. That should be ok because I forgot you have a 3.9 BL phone which iLiberty can natively unlock without the need of fakeblank or neutering.

    Now continue on. I want you to install BSD subsystem on the phone. Set auto-lock = never.

    Run bootneuter and set unlock = OFF and hit flash. When done, turn OFF the phone and turn it on again.

    Check to see autolock=never.
    Run bootneuter again, set neuter=on, fakeblank=off, unlock=on and hit flash.

    Report back. Also go to settings, general, about to see if the IMEI in there matches the IMEI printed on the back of the phone
    Last edited by dtube; 08-29-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  7. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    Please ignore my #7 comment. I edited my post. That should be ok because I forgot you have a 3.9 BL phone which iLiberty can natively unlock without the need of fakeblank or neutering.

    Now continue on. I want you to install BSD subsystem on the phone. Set auto-lock = never.

    Run bootneuter and set unlock = OFF and hit flash. When done, turn OFF the phone and turn it on again.

    Check to see autolock=never.
    Run bootneuter again, set neuter=on, fakeblank=off, unlock=on and hit flash.

    Report back. Also go to settings, general, about to see if the IMEI in there matches the IMEI printed on the back of the phone
    After the flash, shot down, reflash I have NO SERVICE and:
    Version 3.9
    Neuter ON
    FakeBlank OFF
    unlock ON

    IMEI matches the one on the back of the phone

  8. #18
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Wow ...
    I have no idea now.
    Basically, everything you have done did not give any errors. I'm thinking you may have some sort of hardware issue. At this point, I don't know what to tell you. I do have some ideas but it's up to you (I don't want to be the one responsible if the phone is broken).

    - you can try using using bootneuter to turn everything to off and hit flash.
    - After that, you can select the bootloader to 4.6 and hit flash. This will change your 3.9 to 4.6.
    - After that you use bootneuter to turn on neuter & unlock & hit flash.

    Or you can:

    - try using 2.0.2 firmware without changing anything in your bootloader.

    those are my thoughts.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    Wow ...
    I have no idea now.
    Basically, everything you have done did not give any errors. I'm thinking you may have some sort of hardware issue. At this point, I don't know what to tell you. I do have some ideas but it's up to you (I don't want to be the one responsible if the phone is broken).

    - you can try using using bootneuter to turn everything to off and hit flash.
    - After that, you can select the bootloader to 4.6 and hit flash. This will change your 3.9 to 4.6.
    - After that you use bootneuter to turn on neuter & unlock & hit flash.

    Or you can:

    - try using 2.0.2 firmware without changing anything in your bootloader.

    those are my thoughts.
    Hi, I didn't try your suggest...how many risks are there to flash torn off neuter and unlock...flash 4.6?

  10. #20
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    I agree with dtube, there are not many options left. All of them carry some risk. All you did is leading to an unlocked iPhone, but you dont have a signal.
    As dtube said, maybe going up to firmware 2.0.2 and unlock with pwnage could help, but we dont know.

    sorry, but I am out of options aswell
    v.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
  2. No service, what to do?
    By oisin in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
  3. iPhone Unlocking Service in the UK. Speedy Service!
    By arthertbc0702 in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
  4. T-Mobile NO Service O2 Service
    By firewire in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:05 AM.
twitter, follow us!