Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130
Discuss [1.1.4 (1.0.2 OTB)] - no IMEI, forgot to virginize before upgrading at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; @)law(, You probably have read some posts in the forum where people mentioned it is ...
  1. #61
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    @)law(,
    You probably have read some posts in the forum where people mentioned it is OK to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 without virgnization and they have done it.

    However, those phones never go through bootneuter to upgrade the bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. This is something everyone should be careful with.

    My friend has an old 1.0.2, he virginized, upgraded to 1.1.4, change bootloader to 4.6 w/o problem. Like i said before, do the virginization to be safe.


  2. #62
    Ninja Hack Array )law('s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Some girls house...
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    194

    Default

    I didnt dissagre with you I was just explainsing to the other guy that your post made sense and that he might want to wait for 2.0 as that might fix his phone just like how 1.1.3 fixed a few phones when it was released. As for as virginizing trust me compkid and the others chewed me out about that a long time ago hehe....
    Playstaion 3 gamer tag HackNinjaLaw

    Off the scene till i get a new lcd or a new iphone

  3. #63
    Senior Professional Array iHack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    @)law(,
    You probably have read some posts in the forum where people mentioned it is OK to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 without virgnization and they have done it.

    However, those phones never go through bootneuter to upgrade the bootloader from 3.9 to 4.6. This is something everyone should be careful with.

    My friend has an old 1.0.2, he virginized, upgraded to 1.1.4, change bootloader to 4.6 w/o problem. Like i said before, do the virginization to be safe.
    I am one who has gone straight from 1.0.2 - 1.1.4 (never virginizing). Basically, I can't/shouldn't even attempt to upgrade the BL from 3.9 to 4.6? Can this be bad for down the road? Or I can just virginize at a later time (IE. when 2.0 comes out...)?

  4. #64
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by )law( View Post
    I didnt dissagre with you I was just explainsing to the other guy that your post made sense and that he might want to wait for 2.0 as that might fix his phone just like how 1.1.3 fixed a few phones when it was released. As for as virginizing trust me compkid and the others chewed me out about that a long time ago hehe....
    I understand. I did not think you disagree with me at all. I was just rambling because you agree with me

    Quote Originally Posted by iHack View Post
    I am one who has gone straight from 1.0.2 - 1.1.4 (never virginizing). Basically, I can't/shouldn't even attempt to upgrade the BL from 3.9 to 4.6? Can this be bad for down the road? Or I can just virginize at a later time (IE. when 2.0 comes out...)?
    I'm not so sure if my suspicion has any truth to it - Unless you want to try . Anyway, if you want to go back and virginize, you can do that later. I would do it it now because you are at 1.1.4 and we know how to go back (another member and I have been working on the instruction on this). If you want, we can send you the instruction to take a look at.

  5. #65
    Senior Professional Array iHack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    I'm not so sure if my suspicion has any truth to it - Unless you want to try . Anyway, if you want to go back and virginize, you can do that later. I would do it it now because you are at 1.1.4 and we know how to go back (another member and I have been working on the instruction on this). If you want, we can send you the instruction to take a look at.
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at it (PM me), but I am probably just going to relax for now since my iPhone is working flawless *knocks on wood*...

    I will def be doing it in the future though... Thanks


  6. #66
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iHack View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at it (PM me), but I am probably just going to relax for now since my iPhone is working flawless *knocks on wood*...

    I will def be doing it in the future though... Thanks
    Doesn't your fon's battery depletes fast & your fon gets heated up?

  7. #67
    Senior Professional Array iHack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vbhamb View Post
    Doesn't your fon's battery depletes fast & your fon gets heated up?
    No... I don't think so... I would say I can get 2 days of use out of it (just casual)

    and if I USEEE it (WiFi, Apps, etc.) I'll get a days worth in.

    Isn't that normal though?

    (I think last I checked I had like 22 hours stand by, and 4.5ish hours usage before I needed a recharge)

  8. #68
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    after my upgrade to 1.1.4, i used to get just less than a day's run (with WiFi) never tried without WiFi

  9. #69
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    dtube, whats the next plan of action?

  10. #70
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    you said:
    yes you are correct, dtube. thats how i it happened with my ifon. i'll try sping technique tomorrow.
    I thought you were going to try that and let us know.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 07:39 AM
  3. Should I virginize before Upgrading?
    By reshadat in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
  4. [1.0.1 OTB] upgrading to 1.1.4 > Should I still need to virginize?
    By 04deveni in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
  5. Attempt to Virginize + iTunes running = 0049 IMEI
    By R031E5 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:06 PM.
twitter, follow us!