Upgrade to the latest Modem Baseband (04.04.05_G) and unlock, while using 1.1.3. What's the purpose of this?
• For people who've restored to 1.1.4, but unable to Jailbreak.
• Until all apps are confirmed to work on 1.1.4, continue using 1.1.3 but with the latest 1.1.4 Baseband
• This also means when you do decide to upgrade to 1.1.4, it will already be unlocked and you'll only have to Activate/Jailbreak.
Note: This is for iPhone's with Bootloader 3.9 (unless there's a 114 Unlock for BL46 now available). Step 1:
If you don't already have the 1.1.3 firmware file, start downloading it now from http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/dow...o=file&id=1975 Step 2:
Connect your iPhone to iTunes. If it asks you "do you want to upgrade now" click Cancel. Then hit RESTORE, Restore and Update. iTunes is now downloading 1.1.4 firmware, and will restore your iPhone shortly. Step 3:
Once restore is complete, ignore iTunes and open zIphone. Wait a few moments, close iTunes. Now, in zIphone put your iPhone into DFU Mode. Your iPhone will restart in DFU Recovery mode. Open iTunes, you will be prompted that your iPhone is in Recovery Mode, cool. Now we want to restore back to 1.1.3. WIN users, hold SHIFT and click RESTORE. MAC users, hold OPTION and click RESTORE. It will then ask you for the Firmware file. Select the 1.1.3 firmware you downloaded earlier. Your iPhone is now restoring back to 1.1.3, but the Baseband will still be 04.04.05_G. Step 4:
Once restore is complete, ignore and close iTunes. Open zIphone (unless it's still open), select both Activate (for non AT&T users) and Jailbreak. DO NOT select Unlock just yet. Step 5:
Once Activation & Jailbreak is complete, load up Installer.app on your iPhone, install the updated Community Sources and check that iClarified (http://installer.iclarified.com
) is in your source list. Once Comm Sources is installed, go install BSD Subsystem. Once complete, install Unlock (1.1.4).
Bang. You now have a 1.1.3 iPhone running unlocked 1.1.4 Baseband (04.04.05_G). This also means when you decide to upgrade your iPhone to 1.1.4 that it will already be unlocked as well.
Thanks go to deathhobbit
for this one, cheers! YouTube fix
The new Baseband requires an additional YouTube fix.
• Open installer.app and install; Sources > BigBoss's Beta/Experimental
• Now go install YouTube activation in the Unlocking Tools folder.
• You will be required to restart iPhone (don't restart yet if you need the Mail.app fix as well) Mail.app fix
Some people may experience their Mail.app crash. This is due to a small sync issue which is easily fixed.
• Simply install SyncFix (Dev 1.1.3) from the iClarified folder.
• Restore your iPhone, and connect to iTunes. Google Locate Me
No fix required, she just works