Discuss [1.1.4] 04.04.05 Baseband Experiences (Warning!) at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; how is that possible?...
DOWNGRADING YOUR BASEBAND/MODEM FIRMWARE FROM 1.1.4,1.1.3,1.1.2 to 1.0.2 (if you read on long enough back to 1.1.1)
READ BOLD TEXT FIRST YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
YOU WILL NEED A WIFI CONNECTION AROUND YOU TO DO THIS AND A COMPUTER
THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE BOOTLOADER 3.6 AND IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR BASEBAND TO V1.0.2 FROM ANY VERSION INCLUDING 1.1.4 YOU HAVE, IF YOUR IPHONE CAME OUT OF THE BOX 1.1.2 OR HIGHER DONT BOTHER WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU GOT BOOTLOADER 4.something i dont want to deal with! sorry
1. Download Ziphone GUI v2.4 (www.ziphone.org)(unzip it to the desktop or it might not work in other folders)
2. Connect Your Iphone to a Computer
3. Open Ziphone and click Refurbish
4. Your Iphone will be in recovery mode when done! SUccess
5. Open itunes(the phone should still be in recovery mode)
6. Download version 1.0.2: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw from here (http://www.iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files)
7. Hold Shift and Click Restore in itunes (find the file you just downloaded and select it)
8. itunes will do a few things then after the flashing baseband window you will get an error this is NORMAL!!!!
9. Run Ziphone GUI v2.4 again and this time click Jailbreak (NOT "DO IT ALL" NOT "DONT UNLOCK" ONLY 'Jailbreak')
10. After thats done your phone will be unlocked (with no cellphone service "yet")but still have either baseband 1.1.4 04.04.05_G,1.1.3 04.03.13_G, 1.1.2 04.02.13_G
11. To Reflash The baseband to 1.0.2 you will need to do the following:
12. Open Installer on the Iphone
13. install Community Sources. FIRST!
14. Install Bsd Subsystem and Open SSH. SECOND!
15. Download WinSCP (http://www.winscp.net) or a direct download link (http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...irror=internap)
(this program is used to connect to your iphone and have access to the folders on it)
16. Open Settings - > WIFI - > Click on the arrow beside the network you are connected to and write down the ip address on a piece of paper
17. Start WinSCP and type in the ip you wrote down into the host name,where it says username type in root, and where it says password type in dottie (for baseband 1.1.4 users downgrading baseband to 1.0.2) alpine (for baseband 1.1.3 or lower users downgrading to 1.0.2) ( you might have to say yes to some window that pops up mentioning rsa key or something just hit yes)
18. on the far left side of the winSCP window you will see / (root) click on it which will bring you to the very, shall we say, starting of the iphone. make a folder here called reflash (right click, new, folder)
19. in this folder you are going to have to copy 5 files (do not open any of these files , a program later will open them for you)
file 1: ieraser (uses sec packs to erase the baseband) link to get file (http://george.zjlotto.com/wp-content...12/ieraser.zip)
file 2: bbupdater (uses two files to restore baseband to 1.0.2 (ICE03.14.08_G.fls and ICE03.14.08_G.eep) link to get file (http://george.zjlotto.com/wp-content.../bbupdater.zip)
file 3: ICE03.14.08_G.fls link to get file (http://george.zjlotto.com/wp-content...1408_g_fls.zip)
file 4: ICE03.14.08_G.eep link to get file (http://george.zjlotto.com/wp-content...1408_g_eep.zip)
file 5: SECPACK (you need to find out what your baseband/Modem Fireware(whatever you prefer calling it) is to figure out what secpack you need, follow step 20 if you dont know, skip to 21 if you know
20. click on Settings - > General - > About and it will be at the bottom where it says Modem Fireware
21. web link to sepacks (ftp://ftp.iphonefix.de/Firmware%20Secpacks/) after you download the right secpack rename it and delete everything written after secpack (ex. 'secpack40405.bin' rename to 'secpack')
DONT DOWNLOAD THE WRONG Secpack if it doesnt match your baseband/Modem Fireware on your phone i cant stress more about how that is so important and how it can mess stuff up.
22.After copying all the files into that reflash folder you will need to start Installer on the iphone and install term vt100
23.open term vt100 up and it will bring you to a black window with this symbol #
type these in pressing 'return' after every line typed
chmod 755 *
launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
./bbupdater -f *fls -e *eep
./bbupdater -v (you should see version 03.14.08_G)
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
you now have version 1.0.2 with baseband 1.0.2
24. when everything is done there open itunes
25. Download version 1.1.1: iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw from here (http://www.iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files)
26. Hold Shift and Click Restore in itunes (find the file you just downloaded and select it)
27. When phone is done you shouldnt get a error after it check the flash but rather you waiting longer then you did when it failed , if it seems like its taking awhile wait longer!
28. to unlock your now LOCKED VERSION 1.1.1 WITH BASEBAND/MODEM FIRMWARE 1.1.1!!!!!!!!! YAY go to http://iphone.unlock.no and it about half way down the page
If you have any questions or concerns drop me a line at email@example.com
Last edited by UnbeatableRyder; 02-29-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Hmm i tried this still does not work. Put in DFU mode.. downgrade with iTunes still 04.04.05 :S
Originally Posted by hquest
I have Baseband: 04.04.05_G
And Bootloader: 3.9
I am running 1.1.1
Is there a way i can downgrade the baseband in 1.1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3? This is because i can only unlock my sim in 04.03.13_G
I just followed the instructions from UnbeatableRyder and they seemed to work perfectly.
is there anyways to downgrade the baseband for a 1.1.4 04.04.05G iphone with bl4.6?
I upgraded to 1.1.4 and found out that I have to downgrade to bl3.9 to have it unlock, which I don't want. Now i'm trying to go back to bl4.6 with 03.02.15G
any help would be great, thanks in advance.
I got the same problem and I didn't realize that the ziphone unlock for 1.1.4 doesn't work for bl4.6 (or do I miss anything here?). I want to keep bl4.6 too.
Originally Posted by villenya
i solved the problem. it turns out you can unlock 1.1.4 for bl4.6 with ziphone 2.3.
Originally Posted by gemini6
could you help upload ziphone 2.3 to somewhere so I can download? I can only find 2.2 and 2.4 but not 2.3! thanks a lot.
Originally Posted by villenya
edit: just found it. thanks.
Last edited by gemini6; 03-01-2008 at 09:15 AM.
yes ziphone 2.3 worked for 1.1.4/bl4.6 unlock. thanks a lot. the baseband becomes 04.02 again.
Last edited by gemini6; 03-01-2008 at 09:39 AM.
By n350z in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 07-01-2009, 09:00 AM
By rsulaiman in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
By ArB in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
By nabbas in forum General
Last Post: 11-13-2007, 04:39 AM