Just AMAZING !!!! i`ve got the locate-me working here in Brazil ! and it`s point to my current location ... i`ll do more tests but it`s working .....
The caller ID is not Working in Brazil ... do any one have ideia if the process to get it working is the same of 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 ?
I'd like to figure out if the problem is dependent on the firmware or anything like that. I had all the issues:
-no ring sounds
-no E icon
-no youtube on edge
-no locate me
my phone was a OTB 1.0.2 updated to 1.1.1
what's yours? and what works and does not work on your phone?
read my signature for type of phone
i got all the stuff you listed working.. (haven't tested it on edge yet because i don't have t-mobile yet)
history of my iPhone 2G 8GB:
1.1.2 - 04.02.13_G - geohot testpoint (sold)
1.1.2 - 04.02.13_G - ziphone
1.1.3 - 04.03.13_G - dev-team cydia update
1.1.4 - 04.04.05_G - iLiberty+
2.0.1 - 04.05.04_G - winpwn
2.0.2 - 04.05.04_G - winpwn
2.1 - 04.05.04_G - quickpwn
2.2. - 04.05.04_G - quickpwn
2.2.1 - 04.05.04_G - quickpwn
3.0 - 04.05.04_G - redsn0w
3.1.2 - 04.05.04_G - blackra1n
3.1.3 - 04.05.04_G - redsn0w
For me, locateMe is'nt even launching so i dont know how you did. And it's really sad to not have the localisation feature, it's the principal update, so what's the interest to update now ?
Mail doesn't work! Damn! It was working ok, until i deleted the account and re-created it. It doesn't save the password
If anyone is having issues connecting to wifi using iphone - I was able to manually type into router/ip information to get it going.
I kept getting the edge signal and it would not disappear and if you have the same problem do the following.
1. Reset iPhone Network Settings iPhone > Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
2. Change router encryption setting (worked out for me) to WEP or WPA2 and choose a suitable password.
3. Reset both router, your cable modem and iPhone (iphone reboots automatically)
5. Windows Vista/XP users > Start > Run type in cmd > it should bring up cmd prompt and in cmd type ipconfig /all - this will list your ip address/dns info/dhcp etc..
Use the following information for next step. If necessary write it down
You will need to make a new ip address for iphone example:
my computer ip address is 192.168.0.100 make iphone ip address: 192.168.0.107
once done punch the information into iphone.
DNS and Router should be similar..
4. Punch in information manually into iphone > Settings > WiFi > Your connection should be listed click on it (the blue right arrow)> Click on where it says "Static" and fill in the information as described.
Once you have done that your wifi should be back online.
Hope this helps...
These bugs seems so random... I decided to restore to 1.1.1 again. I'm gonna stay clear of this for now. Good luck guys. I hope you fnd solutions and it improves.