Results 1 to 2 of 2
Discuss [1.1.3] My experience, going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, unlocked at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I had a otb 1.0.2 (3.9BL) unlocked phone upgraded to 1.1.2 unlocked with AnySim 1.2.1u. ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array aakash.goenka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Thumbs up [1.1.3] My experience, going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, unlocked

    I had a otb 1.0.2 (3.9BL) unlocked phone upgraded to 1.1.2 unlocked with AnySim 1.2.1u. I wanted to update to 1.1.3.

    So, first, to clean up all the mess, I let iTunes 7.6 restore my phone with 1.1.3.
    Then with the baseband updated, I put my phone in DFU mode and restored with 1.1.1 on iTunes 7.6. As expected I got an error, and the iTunes logo with the cable appeared on my phone after the restore.

    Then, I tried to use iBrickr to wake my phone from recovery mode. But, with iBrickr, the screen of my phone turned green, indicating that only iTunes could bring it out of recovery mode. So, I then installed iTunes 7.4 and restored with 1.1.1. This time iBrickr managed to take the phone out of recovery mode.

    Then I jailbreaked with *#307#, but I used i.unlock.no instead of jailbreakme.com as unlock.no has a newer version of installer.app. Then I installed BSD Subsystem, SSH, oktoprep.

    Then I let iTunes 7.4 update the iPhone to 1.1.2. Again the phone got into recovery mode after the update. So, I had to use iBrickr once again.

    Then I jailbreaked with Conceited Software jailbreak. then did the 113-3 version of official dev team jailbreak after copying the 022-3743-100.dmg to /var/root/media to speed up the process a bit.

    Everything was working fine. Then, I committed a big mistake. I had taken a backup of sms.db, AddressBook.sqlitedb, call_history.db, Calendar.sqlitedb when in 1.1.2. I put them in the respective directories in 1.1.3 and rebooted the phone. That almost killed the phone. It started behaving funny. Everything was sloooow. No apps loaded properly, not even the native apps like stock, etc. I then ssh-ed in again and deleted all those files. Then, the phone became normal again.


    I've got to fix a few things, like YouTube. BTW, after cleaning up the mess by restoring with 1.1.3 with iTunes, the phone does seem a lot faster, less response time.

    Thanx a lot to everyone who worked on this, the entire dev team, for the soft-update and anySim 1.3.
    My iPhone --- 1.0.2 --> 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3 --> 1.1.4 --> 2.0.1 --> 2.0.2 --> 2.1 Pwned(Thanx to the guides in this wunderful forum)

    My HaCkinT0sh -
    Triple boot - Vista, XP, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 (Leo4Allv3)
    AMD ATHLON 64X2 6000+
    Asus M2 Crosshair
    2x160GB SATA HDD
    SATA DVD-RW



  2. #2
    Respected Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Nice going! To fix Youtube use add i.unlock.no as a source and install youtube fix.
    Counting down for iPhone 2012 =)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My eBay unlocked iPhone selling experience...
    By goodtimes in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
  3. 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 back to 1.1.1 experience
    By parcero in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:29 AM.
twitter, follow us!