Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss [1.1.3 JB] No signal in JB 1.1.3 w/ ATT non-iPhone SIM - lockdownd needed at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; For at&t/Orange/O2 folks who have JB 1.1.3 but get no signal, the reason we're not ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [1.1.3 JB] No signal in JB 1.1.3 w/ ATT non-iPhone SIM - lockdownd needed

    For at&t/Orange/O2 folks who have JB 1.1.3 but get no signal, the reason we're not able to make calls is because we need a modified lockdownd file for our SIMs. See this page
    for more information.

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=25577&page=6

    Request:

    1) Can anyone with a fully iTunes activated, JB 1.1.3 iPhone please put up your lockdownd file up on ********** or maybe contact me or someone else in a PM to exchange it.?

    2) Will the Dev Team be able to make a lockdownd file just for us legit users account users without iPhone SIMs?

    3) Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

    BTW, I'm specifically referring to people with 1.1.2 OTB with BL4.6 who ended up accidentally upgrading the baseband to 1.1.3 and then went back and JB their 1.1.3 iPhone. We need a lockdownd file for our SIMs for the baseband in 1.1.3 FW.

    Please post comments and links! :p



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You need a hacked lockdownd file. A legitimate lockdownd file from an activated Iphone will report you have the wrong sim card in your Iphone and thus your phone will still not be working anyways.

    Anyone who posts there legitimate lockdownd file would have to be an ass as there iemi and sim card number are stored in the file. So both ATT and Apple would know who you are and could cancel your service or do even worse things to you.

    But it always nice when someone asks for something that not only will not work but get the person who was nice enough to help in big trouble all because the person asking is total clueless.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolmar View Post
    You need a hacked lockdownd file. A legitimate lockdownd file from an activated Iphone will report you have the wrong sim card in your Iphone and thus your phone will still not be working anyways.

    Anyone who posts there legitimate lockdownd file would have to be an ass as there iemi and sim card number are stored in the file. So both ATT and Apple would know who you are and could cancel your service or do even worse things to you.

    But it always nice when someone asks for something that not only will not work but get the person who was nice enough to help in big trouble all because the person asking is total clueless.
    My bad. I don't want anyone's info or get anyone in trouble. My bad.

    However, the JB 1.1.3 & possibly lockdownd issue is still affecting alot of us legit paying ATT users since we get no signal.

    Worse off, even when I switch foreign SIMs in the JB 1.1.3 iPhone, it doesn't even bark saying "Wrong SIM".

    Any thoughts?

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hi
    yes i have this with mine too
    france orange sim card
    its unlocked but no signal
    i have unlocked it with HW downgrade bootloader
    thx

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dionisis View Post
    However, the JB 1.1.3 & possibly lockdownd issue is still affecting alot of us legit paying ATT users since we get no signal.

    Worse off, even when I switch foreign SIMs in the JB 1.1.3 iPhone, it doesn't even bark saying "Wrong SIM".

    Any thoughts?
    The issue is not what sim card you have but the fact there is no lockdown file for 1.1.3 baseband.

    Both Nate and Dev Team JB use baseband 1.1.2 and include a lockdownd file for 1.1.2.

    So the fact you are an ATT customers(or customer or any other provider who offers Iphones) or not is irrelevant currently as there is no current public hacks(not saying there is a private one either I really do not know what the Dev Team is holding back) for baseband 1.1.3.

    The only reason you are having no signal issue is because you upgraded to 1.1.3 prior to current hybrid jailbreak coming out or choose to upgrade your baseband after reading the thread you linked.

    While I will agree the title of the thread was kinda of misleading. I really do not understand how anyone would think that Itunes would activate your Iphone for you if you did not have a legitimate Iphone plan or legitimately unlocked Iphone. That is like thinking Itunes will activate all current ATT customers Iphones without requiring them to agree to 2 year contract or anything and allow them to just buy Iphones and pop there current sims into them like any other phone. Which clearly everyone knows is not the case and is what JB concept was originally intended for ie allowed current ATT customers to by pass Itunes activation and then letter use other carriers sim cards by sim unlocking there Iphones and adding 3rd party apps.


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolmar View Post
    The issue is not what sim card you have but the fact there is no lockdown file for 1.1.3 baseband.

    Both Nate and Dev Team JB use baseband 1.1.2 and include a lockdownd file for 1.1.2.

    So the fact you are an ATT customers(or customer or any other provider who offers Iphones) or not is irrelevant currently as there is no current public hacks(not saying there is a private one either I really do not know what the Dev Team is holding back) for baseband 1.1.3.

    The only reason you are having no signal issue is because you upgraded to 1.1.3 prior to current hybrid jailbreak coming out or choose to upgrade your baseband after reading the thread you linked.

    While I will agree the title of the thread was kinda of misleading. I really do not understand how anyone would think that Itunes would activate your Iphone for you if you did not have a legitimate Iphone plan or legitimately unlocked Iphone. That is like thinking Itunes will activate all current ATT customers Iphones without requiring them to agree to 2 year contract or anything and allow them to just buy Iphones and pop there current sims into them like any other phone. Which clearly everyone knows is not the case and is what JB concept was originally intended for ie allowed current ATT customers to by pass Itunes activation and then letter use other carriers sim cards by sim unlocking there Iphones and adding 3rd party apps.
    Ok ok ok . Forgive my haste for having written a poorly titled thread. It was not my intent. However, your response does clarify many an issue.

    So basically, what I need is a hacked lockdownd file for the 1.1.3 baseband.

    Would anyone have this ^^^ or will we need to wait for an approved version from the Dev Team? If the latter is true, then when could we hope to see it ?

    (And again, sorry if that's too much to ask. I know a couple of the Dev Team members on the IRC channel and I respect their timetables and need to work out issues on their own timeframe. )

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 09:20 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
  3. Lockdownd 1.1.1 needed!
    By collart in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:54 AM
  4. [1.1.3][Req] UK O2 iPhone lockdownd file
    By msjones in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
  5. 1.1.2 Lockdownd file needed urgently
    By spaceman81 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 05:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:05 PM.
twitter, follow us!