Discuss [1.1.3] Dev Team Upgrade - is this normal? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I upgraded to 1.1.3 from an unlocked jailbroken 1.1.2 using the the official dev teams ...
[1.1.3] Dev Team Upgrade - is this normal?
I upgraded to 1.1.3 from an unlocked jailbroken 1.1.2 using the the official dev teams method found here
Is the following normal:
1. All went well and when I synced with itunes 7.5 I saw about 20mb of 'Other'. Upgraded to Itunes 7.6 and the 'Other' blew out to about 200mb!
2. I understand that there isnt a 1.1.3 ver of Summerboard available, but apart from installer none of my other third party apps appear in the springboard.
3. My phone number location is screwed up again (i'm in Australia) and the number format is for the US. Is it likely this be fixed with an installer package similar to after 1.1.2 was released?
Last edited by Caracarn; 01-29-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Reason: fix grammar
Seems the reason apps arent appearing is because installer is crashing out when it tries to install them and the system partition is full. Hope someone can release a fix to restore the system partition to 300Mb! I get into too much trouble when I start using WinSCP, usually ends with me restoring the firmware.
I would recomend use the upgrade method from tne installer. You don't need the SCP or the computer for that. It is better in my oppinion.
About the extra space, after the upgrade done you can use the iphonebrowser to remove the /private/var/root/Media/softupgrade/ where the files are and they are not need anymore. The iphonebrowser works on windows and use the usb cable, wich is btter than depends on wi-fi and scp to work with files.
And regarding the numbers, there is a new way to do it found at http://users.skynet.be/ra045246/
- Create a directory named "Support" in the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory
on your iPhone.
- Copy the "AppSupport" and "AppSupport.original" files from the zip file to
the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory on your iPhone.
- Copy the "PhoneNumber.dylib" and "PhoneNumberTemplates.txt" files from the zip file to
the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/Support/ directory on your iPhone.
- Optimize the "PhoneNumberTemplates.txt" file on your iPhone by moving all templates for your country
to the top of the file and/or removing templates for countries that you don't need.
- Reboot iPhone.
Installed Bosstools 0.35 and moved fonts, ringtones and apps onto the media partition. Bosstools says I have 100Mb free on the OS partition now and there are now no problems installing apps.
By iGun 4 Fun in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 11-28-2008, 09:27 PM
By reimic in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-13-2008, 06:20 AM
By wesgarner in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
By tsoscottc in forum General
Last Post: 01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
By towlieee92 in forum General
Last Post: 01-20-2008, 06:24 PM