Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
Discuss [1.1.2 OTB] US iPhones > India Soft/Hard unlock ? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Damn it! How many times must we write this?? ANY TURBOSIM-LIKE METHOD IS NOT AN ...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array cortx7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curitiba - PR - Brazil
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Damn it! How many times must we write this??

    ANY TURBOSIM-LIKE METHOD IS NOT AN UNLOCK METHOD!!!

    Enough said.


  2. #12
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Supersim has been widely used in Bangalore (search). I am planning to try out the TurboSim method as a TurboSim unlock seems to be more resistant to version updates. I am unlocking the iPhone myself so I cant tell you what's the charge for unlocking a fone. However, if you are planning to go for a SuperSim unlock, these sims are available over Ebay at around INR1750-2000. Once you get hold of a SuperSim and a Sim Reader (INR350) you can follow Sasha's tutorial to unlock your iPhone. On the contrary if you get hold of a TurboSim, follow the iMaso tutorial. That's what I am following. . .and it works great! Remember: The SuperSim and the TurboSim methods are absolutely different.

  3. #13
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cortx7 View Post
    Damn it! How many times must we write this??

    ANY TURBOSIM-LIKE METHOD IS NOT AN UNLOCK METHOD!!!

    Enough said.
    Kid, you can use caps, or even big letters(woooah) to make your point, but it doesn't make Turbosim any less of an unlock method.

    Let's see. Iphones are sold locked to AT+T, you use Turbosim, and you can use it outwith AT+T. It's logic, kid. It's unlocked from AT+T's network

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array cortx7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curitiba - PR - Brazil
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Kid, you can use caps, or even big letters(woooah) to make your point, but it doesn't make Turbosim any less of an unlock method.

    Let's see. Iphones are sold locked to AT+T, you use Turbosim, and you can use it outwith AT+T. It's logic, kid. It's unlocked from AT+T's network
    Yes, but the iPhone itself is NOT unlocked. This forum is intended to find and discuss a way to unlock the iPhone (without any other circuitry attached to it). So, as you can see, TurboSIM is NOT an unlocking method, since your iPhone would not be "free", it would be "dependent" to the extra device.

    And another thing, TurboSIM fools your iPhone into thinking your SIM is an AT&T SIM. So you can see, your not really making your iPhone unlocked. You are just fooling it. That's not unlocking. Unlocking means you can use any SIM and the iPhone recognizes it as a valid SIM.
    Last edited by cortx7; 12-17-2007 at 04:23 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Just like the software unlock is dependent on the dev team coming up with an unlock method with each firmware update.

    A permanent hardware unlock or a temporary software unlock are the choices here.

    Unlocking means you can use it on networks outwith AT+T


  6. #16
    Senior Professional Array cortx7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curitiba - PR - Brazil
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just like the software unlock is dependent on the dev team coming up with an unlock method with each firmware update.

    A permanent hardware unlock or a temporary software unlock are the choices here.

    Unlocking means you can use it on networks outwith AT+T
    No... Unlocking means you can use any SIM card (regardless of the network) by putting it in your phone (and your phone accepts it).

    Didn't you just read what I wrote? TurboSIM fools your iPhone. You are still locked to AT&T (from your iPhone's point of view).

  7. #17
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It's semantics. I know you're only toeing the company line

  8. #18
    rajeevsharma8888
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1.1.2inIndia View Post
    Supersim has been widely used in Bangalore (search). I am planning to try out the TurboSim method as a TurboSim unlock seems to be more resistant to version updates. I am unlocking the iPhone myself so I cant tell you what's the charge for unlocking a fone. However, if you are planning to go for a SuperSim unlock, these sims are available over Ebay at around INR1750-2000. Once you get hold of a SuperSim and a Sim Reader (INR350) you can follow Sasha's tutorial to unlock your iPhone. On the contrary if you get hold of a TurboSim, follow the iMaso tutorial. That's what I am following. . .and it works great! Remember: The SuperSim and the TurboSim methods are absolutely different.
    i ebay-ed, but i couldn't find any sim !, the karol baghpeople are demanding 2000, just for the silver sim, and 3000 for the sim+programming, when the actual cost of the sim is just 50-100 rs.


    To all: actually i meant the cost of sim, and sim reader, and not unlock, it's just a mistake !

  9. #19
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down

    re-Post ............

  10. #20
    Senior Professional Array bimmerme's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cortx7 View Post

    ANY TURBOSIM-LIKE METHOD IS NOT AN UNLOCK METHOD!!!

    Enough said.
    That's right!


 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INDIA]8GB iphones...
    By killcreek in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
  2. Dev Team 1.1.3-3 Soft Update. Does it still go DFU after hard reset?
    By The Punisher in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM
  4. FS: iPhones in india for RS 50,000 paypal only!
    By ashganatra in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 02:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:14 AM.
twitter, follow us!