Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Discuss 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 Now bricked at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, I have an 1.1.2 OTB using a StealthSim. I decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3

    Hi, I have an 1.1.2 OTB using a StealthSim. I decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 using the official 1.1.3 under installer. The phone upgraded fine without any problems, until I ran installer under 1.1.3 it asked me to upgrade installer (which I did) now the phone is bricked and I have the "emergency calls" screen. It doesn't seem to go into DFU mode either. Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Thanks
    Last edited by 1980BMN; 02-24-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: update



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Update: Now in DFU mode and restoring to 1.1.1.... why did the official installer do this though??

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array neonkoala's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    That phone was never bricked. A bricked phone is one that is "as useful as a brick" thus, a phone which won't turn on and/or can't be repaired without professional help is a bricked phone.

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonkoala View Post
    That phone was never bricked. A bricked phone is one that is "as useful as a brick" thus, a phone which won't turn on and/or can't be repaired without professional help is a bricked phone.
    You're right...."bricked" was a slight exageration. Anyway back to 1.1.2 now... bit wary of going back up 1.1.3 again after what happened last time.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Restoring your phone to 1.1.3 and using Ziphone is a much better method then updating from 1.1.2.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array yuhackman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Post ITunes + ZiPhone ...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1980BMN View Post
    You're right...."bricked" was a slight exageration. Anyway back to 1.1.2 now... bit wary of going back up 1.1.3 again after what happened last time.
    Why don't you try simply RESTORE (but backup first:contacts,sms,etc...) via iTunes to 1.1.3, and use ZiPhone for the rest, you will get nice 1.1.3 SW, 04.02_12G phone ....

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuhackman View Post
    Why don't you try simply RESTORE (but backup first:contacts,sms,etc...) via iTunes to 1.1.3, and use ZiPhone for the rest, you will get nice 1.1.3 SW, 04.02_12G phone ....
    mmm tempted but will try the "soft" approach first. Plus I'm a little annoyed that I paid for a StealthSim only to see the SW unlock appear 3 weeks later :p

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array yuhackman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by 1980BMN View Post
    mmm tempted but will try the "soft" approach first. Plus I'm a little annoyed that I paid for a StealthSim only to see the SW unlock appear 3 weeks later :p
    Well, that is a risk of rush, and patiente is a virtue (so they say)

    Anyway, I hope you will solve your problem

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuhackman View Post
    Well, that is a risk of rush, and patiente is a virtue (so they say)

    Anyway, I hope you will solve your problem
    Problem solved. Now running 1.1.3. I guess the only thingy I'm missing out on is the Google Maps locate me functionality as I haven't upgraded my baseband

  10. #10
    Rookie Array ztpc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1980BMN View Post
    Problem solved. Now running 1.1.3. I guess the only thingy I'm missing out on is the Google Maps locate me functionality as I haven't upgraded my baseband
    must upgrade the baseband.
    4G Working 1.1.4 iPhone in US with iPlus unlocked
    8G Working 2.1 iPhone in US with Pwnage Jailbroken unlocked
    16G Working 2.1 iPhone in US with Jailbroken unlocked
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    WiFi - Yes
    Free EDGE - Yes
    YouTube App - Yes


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I upgraded my iphone and it bricked.. wtf guys
    By maxintosh in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 04:53 AM
  3. iphone upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 bricked...pls help
    By ipodee in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 10:15 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:41 PM.
twitter, follow us!