Hate iPhone, hate Apple...
I have used it sucessfully on two phones...good luck.
Any links to the "old hardware method" steps?
Oh damn It's a hw unlock pretty much. I cant seem to be able to open my iphone I tried the tuts but that antena thing is just stuck there so hard that i just cant take it off. Is it really necessary to open and have to solder? I don't quite understand
4. Copy nor into the folder and run iunew. This is iunlocker and runs just like the old one. You will need the A17 testpoint on before running this. See Step 3 for info on this testpoint. (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2007/08/step-3.html)
Last edited by asma123; 01-18-2008 at 11:32 AM.
hi to all!
1) thanks to geohot, TA_Mobile and IMTH.
2)good luck for all testpointer
3)can someone post good nor dump?
very good job! keep it up!
?? I'm confused...can 1.1.2 be unlocked???
iPhone 1.1.2. OOB unlocked and running on 1.1.3
ZIBRI is the best!
if i understand well downgrade bootloader via testpoint and new seckpack. After that you can do as usual...
Oh man, this looks scary.. I'm so tempted to try, but so afraid to brick it
This is from geohat's blog,
First of all, HUGE thanks to TA_Mobile and IMTH for getting us the secpack from 1.1.3 Without them there would be no unlock, and no blog post.
YOU VERY WELL MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE WITH THIS. Be careful. I have done it sucessfully on two phones.
So lets get down to business. It is a hardware method to downgrade the bootloader, and I am assuming you are familiar with the old hardware method, so I won't repeat steps. You need to have a 1.1.2 4.6 phone for this to work. If you upgraded to 1.1.3, have fun waiting for 1.1.4!
First download this pack, you will need these files. This includes the NEW secpack, a new ieraser, a new testcode.bb, and a new iunlocker.
1. Copy all the files to a directory on your phone. It is imperative you do not shut off the phone after ieraser, or you cannot restore wifi, since the only fls which works on 4.6 is 1.1.3
2. Run ienew. This is ieraser, and it erases your 1.1.2 firmware to allow the testpoint to work.
3. Find an old 3.9 nor dump and create a file called nor with the first 0x20000 bytes of the old nor dump. This is the 3.9 bootloader.
4. Copy nor into the folder and run iunew. This is iunlocker and runs just like the old one. You will need the A17 testpoint on before running this. See Step 3 for info on this testpoint.
5. The bootloader is now 3.9!!! Run bbupdater or restore phone with the AnySimmable firmware of your choice.
6. Run AnySim and, as usual, enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
PS. Thanks again to TA_Mobile and IMTH. The secpack was the only obstacle to the unlock. And thanks to the girl who pressed the return button while I held the testpoint
Posted by George Hotz at 3:59 AM