STEP 3 - PREPARING and INSTALLING THE TURBOSIM
1. on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> Never
2. connect your iPhone to your WLAN (write down the IP your iPhone will have in your WLAN!) IMPORTANT: Only proceed further on in a WLAN-environment that will insure that the phone will retrieve the SAME IP via DHCP AGAIN AFTER THE NEXT REBOOT! Otherwise you will get stuck at STEP 3/15, cause the IP might have changed, e.g. in huge WLANs. If you are unsure then do this: on your iphone, after it acquires its IP address through DHCP, change the mode from DHCP to Static before you go on with the tutorial.
3. on your iPhone, start the Installer and install the following: BSD Subsystem / CommunitySources / openSSH
4. download and unzip this to your PC: http://rapid_share.com/files/7197445..._rev2.zip.html
(maybe in the domainname there is a _ which needs to be removed....)
5. download and open WinSCP (if you don´t have it already) here: http://winscp.net/download/winscp405setup.exe
6. with WinSCP connect to your iPhone; Protocol: SFTP / Port:22 / Server: your iPhones´ IP (see above) / Username: root / Password: alpine
7. use WinSCP to copy the file "applesaft.trb" (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /private/var/root
8. use WinSCP to copy all OTHER files (except "applesaft.trb") (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /bin
9. mark the copied files in the folder /bin, right-click them, select "Properties" (or similar) and give them 0755-rights (owner: RWX / group: RX / others: RX)
10. close WinSCP, then download PuTTy here: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe
11. cut out both SIMs, the original one supplied with the phone and your own, so they will fit perfectly into the TurboSim - do it carefully!
12. put the original SIM supplied with the iPhone (not your own!) onto the TurboSim and carefully insert it into your iPhone
13. start PuTTy and connect using your iPhone IP address as the host name.
14. PuTTy should ask for a username, so type "root", then it asks for the root-password, which is "alpine" - so type "alpine" and hit Enter
15. type "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
16. type "turbo-info" and hit Enter - some numbers should appear (also maybe some "error" blah blah), but in the end finally followed by an "OK. no errors"
17. type "turbo-app /private/var/root/applesaft.trb" ; after that an "OK" should appear!
IF instead "BAD FILE" will be reported please try again but this time type "turbo-app -b57600 -v /private/var/root/applesaft.trb"
IF that still wont work, meaning you get no "OK" in the end, please PM me! I am searching for a solution for this problem right now!
18. type "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
19. restart your iPhone (BUT only if that last commandline got NO bad response!)
20. on your iPhone go to Settings -> Phone -> SIM Applications -> Apple Saft -> Set -> Accept
21. remove TurboSim and original SIM from the iPhone (carefully!)
22. replace the original SIM with your own and put TurboSIM and your own SIM back into the iPhone (carefully!)
23. restart your iPhone
STEP 3 - DONE! Your iPhone should now be fully operational,