Discuss [1.1.2 OTB] [now 1.1.1] H/W unlock at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I just opened the case of my 1.1.2 OTB phone and want to try the ...
Here or here.
Lots of success has been had with those. I can't stress enough - if something goes wrong, don't start off with a restore to any firmware. Come back here and ask or search, it will most likely be simpler to help you if you haven't done a restore after starting the procedure. But hopefully, everything will go smoothly. Good luck!
I have used this guide to unlock 5 phones and it's THE guide for the HW unlock.
What I have learned during that process is:
1. The hardest part is to open the case, once that's done, it's quite easy.
2. Don't scratch the connection point, use needles and just press a little. It will usually work after a few tries.
3. the commands to run is
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
iunew (or sleep 15; iunew)
4. Don't forget to insert the sim card after the hw part before you start to restore/upgrade, it seriously f*cks things up.
5. if jailbreak doesn't work, your either on 1.1.2 (you should be on 1.1.1, do a restore) or itunes is closed (the phone must be kept occupied, either play with the slider or have itunes running.)
6. Allways install terminal... allways (you can hide it with customize if you want to) It can really save your phone.
By med007 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-03-2008, 11:09 PM
By kkdool in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
By spicyflana in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
By miguelf03 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM
By drgroove101 in forum General
Last Post: 09-12-2007, 11:35 AM