Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Discuss [1.1.2 OTB] Is the new GeoHot unlock 1.1.3 Update-proof? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; hello guys, please answer this n00b question, after unlocking a 1.1.2 4.6 OTB, can I ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [1.1.2 OTB] Is the new GeoHot unlock 1.1.3 Update-proof?

    hello guys,

    please answer this n00b question, after unlocking a 1.1.2 4.6 OTB, can I perform an itunes update to 1.1.3, but still unlocked? I've read somewhere that it is update-resistant but I don't know... thanks!

    PS. Thanks again GeoHot for this unlock!!!


    ===EDIT===
    yes it is update-resistant, I've updated to 1.1.3 now on 4.6. however, you MUST update through installer > iClarified > soft 1.1.3 Jailbreak then it will download the whole firmware on the phone.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=611

    enjoy your 1.1.3 4.6!

    ===EDIT===

    you MUST do the 1.1.3 upgrade via iClarified in installer!!! otherwise if you do it through iTunes you need to use ZiPhone!!!
    Last edited by SamuraiPhone; 02-12-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    O2-UK = 嘔吐 (O2) = Chinese meaning puke



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wondering same thing!?

  3. #3
    Advanced Array carouselboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    not sure that it works through itunes, probably not, as it will update the baseband again and render the unlock out of use, so you'll have to reunlock and downgrade the baseband again, which would make the new maps features of 1.1.3 unsuable.

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28596

    check the post of the senior member there, just update through 1.1.3-3 dev official update and everything but the maps locate me feature should be fine.
    1.1.2 otb jailbroken activated.
    Waiting for stealthsim shipping - DIE *sim
    Also waiting for soft unlock, but will it ever come?-------Geohot you ROCK!
    HIGHLY grateful for all the help and great tutorials available

  4. #4
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiPhone View Post
    ===EDIT===
    yes it is update-resistant, I've updated to 1.1.3 now on 4.6. however, you MUST update through installer > iClarified > soft 1.1.3 Jailbreak then it will download the whole firmware on the phone.
    That does not mean it is upgrade resistant. The soft-upgrade is exactly what it says it is: a software upgrade which does not modify the firmware. You have a 1.1.3-software plus 1.1.2-firmware hybrid phone. The firmware is where a temporary unlock would be effected.

    The big question is whether this is a permanent unlock or not. It is strongly implied that it is, but I do not believe anyone has actually confirmed this (ie. by restoring to 1.1.3). My big hope is that we can unlock, iTunes-upgrade to 1.1.3, then downgrade, jailbreak and soft-upgrade to 1.1.3.... Thereby leaving an unlocked phone with matching software and firmware. Damned if I'm trying that on my phone though, I couldn't afford a replacement.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    That does not mean it is upgrade resistant. The soft-upgrade is exactly what it says it is: a software upgrade which does not modify the firmware. You have a 1.1.3-software plus 1.1.2-firmware hybrid phone. The firmware is where a temporary unlock would be effected.

    The big question is whether this is a permanent unlock or not. It is strongly implied that it is, but I do not believe anyone has actually confirmed this (ie. by restoring to 1.1.3). My big hope is that we can unlock, iTunes-upgrade to 1.1.3, then downgrade, jailbreak and soft-upgrade to 1.1.3.... Thereby leaving an unlocked phone with matching software and firmware. Damned if I'm trying that on my phone though, I couldn't afford a replacement.
    if you read geo's blog, it is supposed to be a ipsf style unlock with out messing the seczone,
    also I ran AT+XSIMSTATE=1 myself and I got 5,0 - which is Unlocked and cannot be locked, so it should be upgrade resistant, however I'll update through itunes tonight to 1.1.3 and confirm the results!
    we are using bb from 1.1.2 bcoz of technical issues that have not been resolved.
    pls correct me if i'm wrong!
    Search before you post

    Alienware M15x

    iPhone 3GS 32Gb


  6. #6
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2 View Post
    if you read geo's blog, it is supposed to be a ipsf style unlock with out messing the seczone,
    also I ran AT+XSIMSTATE=1 myself and I got 5,0 - which is Unlocked and cannot be locked, so it should be upgrade resistant, however I'll update through itunes tonight to 1.1.3 and confirm the results!
    we are using bb from 1.1.2 bcoz of technical issues that have not been resolved.
    pls correct me if i'm wrong!
    This all sounds exactly as geohot implied - there's been an awful lot of rubbish posted about this unlock because people have guessed rather than tried.

    If you do try this - especially if you get full 1.1.3 working, by whatever method - I hope you'll post the results. I'm not brave enough to try just yet, even though all signs point to yes!

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2 View Post
    if you read geo's blog, it is supposed to be a ipsf style unlock with out messing the seczone,
    also I ran AT+XSIMSTATE=1 myself and I got 5,0 - which is Unlocked and cannot be locked, so it should be upgrade resistant, however I'll update through itunes tonight to 1.1.3 and confirm the results!
    we are using bb from 1.1.2 bcoz of technical issues that have not been resolved.
    pls correct me if i'm wrong!
    Thanks for trying dude. I for one am appreciative that you would do it and share your results. Is this for OTB phones only you think?

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    keep us updated.

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array stonefred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I believe it will also update BB to 4.03.13_G.
    I believe you will end up in iTunes Activation Screen
    I believe you will not be able to get root access to the filesystem
    I believe without root and shell access you will not be able to downgrade to patched 4.02.13_G
    I believe you will finaly restore to 1.1.1 :-)

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefred View Post
    I believe it will also update BB to 4.03.13_G.
    I believe you will end up in iTunes Activation Screen
    I believe you will not be able to get root access to the filesystem
    I believe without root and shell access you will not be able to downgrade to patched 4.02.13_G
    I believe you will finaly restore to 1.1.1 :-)
    Isn't that kind of the point? Go down to 1.1.1, then back up to 1.1.3 via 1.1.2 and the soft-upgrade, matching firmware and software... The only sticking point I can imagine is lockdownd, but the bootloader patch should sort that out?

    Now I'm indulging in the same kind of speculation I complained about a couple of posts ago.


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.2 otb to 1.1.3]DevOfficial update after geohot'z unlock?
    By carouselboy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 07:06 PM
  2. (1.1.1) are iphones with BL 3.9 future update proof !
    By rajeevsharma8888 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
  3. Geohot Unlock and 1.1.1 Update
    By mt404 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 12:27 PM
  4. A Tinhead-Proof Free Unlock Guide (OS X)
    By Locked in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
  5. Idiot-proof Mac unlock guide
    By Peacer in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:29 PM.
twitter, follow us!