Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
Discuss [1.1.2 OTB][Hardware Unlock] George and others, can u help us, the poor souls? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by ss9940_2 Ye, 3 IPhones freed Thanx to George. BTW, I agree to ...
  1. #31
    Professional Array moho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ss9940_2 View Post
    Ye, 3 IPhones freed Thanx to George. BTW, I agree to his statement about the sw unlock... It'll be VERY hard to find a solution.

    Now, to your problem... I only got error 1 when i tried to downgrade with NORMAL restore mode... You said you got an USB + ITUNES logo... that's WRONG!!! You must get into restore mode where there isn't ANYTHING on screen... must be completely black + itunes must say the phone is in restore mode... I usually press on/off + home and count to 10, then release on/off button BUT STILL PRESS home button until itunes says that it's in restore mode. BUT THE SCREEN MUST BE BLANK. If you see a logo or anyhing, you're wrong. Reset & try again!

    Alex
    so it shouldnt even be white?
    void unlock(int& Iphone)
    char FRUSTRATION(true);
    do
    {
    Unlock(Iphone);
    }while (FRUSTRATION=='true');


  2. #32
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nope, it turns white for a sec when itunes resets the IPHONE. But as i said, black & itunes must say it's in restore mode, otherwise you can't downgrade!

    Alex

  3. #33
    Professional Array moho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    isnt the black screen for 1.1.2?
    im still on 1.1.1
    edit: nvm.
    I got it to get to the black screen with DFU.
    Ill try to restore again...
    hope it works.
    Last edited by moho; 01-20-2008 at 03:03 AM.
    void unlock(int& Iphone)
    char FRUSTRATION(true);
    do
    {
    Unlock(Iphone);
    }while (FRUSTRATION=='true');

  4. #34
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ss9940_2, x-mas eve i got 3 iphones week 49 and that part about the blank screen was not true in my phones. my phones kept showing the stupid itunes and usb and i kept trying to get it to do that and it didnt. then i noticed in itunes it was is restore mode. everthing then worked. i could never get it to a blank screen but it still went into restore mode with that icon on the screen. im not saying your wrong but this is what happened to my iphones

  5. #35
    Professional Array moho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    alright when i get it to the black screen, itunes popups says immediately "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-14)"
    then close itunes and reopen it.
    Immediately:
    "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-8)"
    ok.
    close then open again.
    same:
    "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-8)"
    alright..
    then unplug USB, reconnect.whole screen turns white on its own.

    try to restore.
    again....waiting for iphone...
    btw when it says waiting, the phone is constantly "busy"(round thing going in circles)
    void unlock(int& Iphone)
    char FRUSTRATION(true);
    do
    {
    Unlock(Iphone);
    }while (FRUSTRATION=='true');


  6. #36
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1.1.1 and 1.1.2 should both have blank screens. But I can't argue that all iphones MUST have blanks. If you get an error 1 or error 2 then you're not in the right restore mode. 1.1.2 is especially mean, cause you MUST count to 10 unless the logo screen will pop up (my experience).

    Alex

  7. #37
    Professional Array moho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ss9940_2 View Post
    1.1.1 and 1.1.2 should both have blank screens. But I can't argue that all iphones MUST have blanks. If you get an error 1 or error 2 then you're not in the right restore mode. 1.1.2 is especially mean, cause you MUST count to 10 unless the logo screen will pop up (my experience).

    Alex
    yeah, as I said, i got it into DFU mode, but it still says waiting.. but thats after itunes gives me some funky errors...
    void unlock(int& Iphone)
    char FRUSTRATION(true);
    do
    {
    Unlock(Iphone);
    }while (FRUSTRATION=='true');

  8. #38
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi all,

    First many thanks to George and all of you who have been making all of this possible. Without your support we wouldn't be anywhere.

    I'm stuck on the same situation since yesterday. After running ienew over ssh the wifi connection was dropped. I restored to 1.1.2 with no success ('repair needed'), and I have been able to go to both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but always with the same luck. I haven't been able to downgrade to 1.0.2, putting the phone on DFU mode by both the buttons method and using iPHUC and the 1.0.2 WTF file. Tried it over a lots of combinations: iTunes 7.5 on Leopard (Intel), over my account and also I created a new one on it. iTunes 7.6 and 7.3.2 on Tiger (PPC), iTunes 7.3.2 on Windows 2000 and 7.6, 7.5 and 7.4.1.2 on XP SP2, always getting stuck on 'Waiting for the iPhone'. Last night (this morning, actually, I went to bed at 08:00 am) I left it there and got some sleep, 5 hours later it was still stuck on that message. I don't know what I can be doing wrong, but I can't seem to get past the 'Waiting for iPhone' message when trying to downgrade to 1.0.2.

    I've been thinking if the following is possible: I have another iPhone, 3.9 BL, running 1.1.2 jailbroken, activated and unlocked (using AnySIM 1.2.1u). Is there any way I can create some sort of 'image' out of it, using iphuc or similar, and then write it over my other, broken iPhone? Sort of what dd does on *nix, so I can get a jailbroken and activated system with the terminal installed, in order to finish the BL downgrade process?

    Best regards and good luck to all.

  9. #39
    Professional Array moho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boliva View Post
    Hi all,

    First many thanks to George and all of you who have been making all of this possible. Without your support we wouldn't be anywhere.

    I'm stuck on the same situation since yesterday. After running ienew over ssh the wifi connection was dropped. I restored to 1.1.2 with no success ('repair needed'), and I have been able to go to both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but always with the same luck. I haven't been able to downgrade to 1.0.2, putting the phone on DFU mode by both the buttons method and using iPHUC and the 1.0.2 WTF file. Tried it over a lots of combinations: iTunes 7.5 on Leopard (Intel), over my account and also I created a new one on it. iTunes 7.6 and 7.3.2 on Tiger (PPC), iTunes 7.3.2 on Windows 2000 and 7.6, 7.5 and 7.4.1.2 on XP SP2, always getting stuck on 'Waiting for the iPhone'. Last night (this morning, actually, I went to bed at 08:00 am) I left it there and got some sleep, 5 hours later it was still stuck on that message. I don't know what I can be doing wrong, but I can't seem to get past the 'Waiting for iPhone' message when trying to downgrade to 1.0.2.

    I've been thinking if the following is possible: I have another iPhone, 3.9 BL, running 1.1.2 jailbroken, activated and unlocked (using AnySIM 1.2.1u). Is there any way I can create some sort of 'image' out of it, using iphuc or similar, and then write it over my other, broken iPhone? Sort of what dd does on *nix, so I can get a jailbroken and activated system with the terminal installed, in order to finish the BL downgrade process?

    Best regards and good luck to all.
    how do you use IPHUC? does it just upload files to the phone?
    if so, why dont you try uploading oktoprep? then do the touchfree jailbreak.
    void unlock(int& Iphone)
    char FRUSTRATION(true);
    do
    {
    Unlock(Iphone);
    }while (FRUSTRATION=='true');

  10. #40
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moho View Post
    how do you use IPHUC? does it just upload files to the phone?
    if so, why dont you try uploading oktoprep? then do the touchfree jailbreak.
    iPHUC provides a basic interface to interact with the phone at a mid-to-low level. You can do some simple things with it (if you get to the point of making it work) like putting and getting files to/from the phone, but limited to the publicly accessible partition (where the Media is stored).

    I can't upload oktoprep because what it does is to 'prepare' the phone for a jailbreak, which can be reproduced manually, but requieres a previous jailbroken phone... Same with the old 1.1.1 method (previous to AppSnapp). I could be wrong at this as I don't handle the precise technical details, but when manually jailbreaking 1.1.1 you must 'prepare' the phone from 1.0.2, what it does is to create a symlink from the media partition to the system one (hence the problem where the iPhone only reported 300 mb of free space when doing it and not finishing the process properly), so that you can have access to the entire filesystem from iPhuc. On the 1.1.2 case, what it does is to create a special node file called a block device which provides raw access to the entire disk partition (think /dev/ entries on *nix).

    I can't do any of the mentioned methods without previously jailbreaking it, which takes me to the need to downgrade to 1.0.2, which hasn't been possible by now. I've tried almost every single method and combination of software (windows 2000, XP, Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, iTunes 7.3.x, 7.4.x, 7.5, 7,6, various iPhuc/Independence/iBrickr versions) but always get to the 'Waiting for iPhone' message and it stucks there for hours (literally, this morning I left it for more than 5 hours).

    On a couple of times I got two different error messages after attempting the downgrade: unknown error (9) and (2001), but still no success.

    I've tried everything that has been told here: new account, reboot iPhone, reboot machine, another computer... still without success.

    If there is a single, bulletproof way to downgrade to 1.0.2 I'd be greatly thankful.


    Best regards.


 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Advice] Hardware unlock vs Software unlock
    By jonwil in forum Hardware Unlock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
  2. [2.0 hardware unlock]Came across this hardware unlock method
    By CaptainCode in forum Hardware Unlock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 06:18 PM
  3. 1.1.3 OTB George Hotz unlock help!
    By skyline_2k7 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 07:41 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:33 AM.
twitter, follow us!