Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Discuss [1.1.2 OOTB][IMPORTANT Last Minute Advice Needed] Dilemma Facing iPhone Enthusiasts at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Alright so I've been reading this forum incessantly for the past 3 weeks. I am ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation [1.1.2 OOTB][IMPORTANT Last Minute Advice Needed] Dilemma Facing iPhone Enthusiasts

    Alright so I've been reading this forum incessantly for the past 3 weeks. I am new to the iPhone scene, meaning I *ahem* don't have an iPhone yet *ahem*. What I am asking is a hybrid between unlocking/rumors/advice, but i decided to post it here since people seem to really know what they're talking about and I appreciate that

    I want to buy an iPhone and use it with a US T-Mobile chip, and I have come very close to purchasing the iPhone + *SIM and following one of the very detailed activation/jailbreak/unlock methods and hope that I'm not one of the unlucky ones who get "No Sim" etc. messages. Now that 1.1.3 is coming out very soon (probably at the MacWorld Conference), I have a dilemma, and I have searched but not found a specific answer to this question yet...any advice at all would be appreciated.

    I have a few choices ahead of me:

    1) Buy a 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone from an Apple store or online ASAP before 1.1.3 comes out, and - if I'm impatient - buy a *SIM and hope it works

    2) Same as (1) except wait for software unlock after 1.1.3 comes out, because I can still get a *SIM if software unlock proves not feasible (though it seems like it will be!), but in the meantime activate/jailbreak iPhone so i can use it as iTouch/internet gizmo.

    3) Wait till 1.1.3 comes out and buy iPhone then. Now, I know this, to most people, makes no sense since with 1.1.2 OOTB there are so many possibilities for unlocking and such that have been tested and tried, and with 1.1.3 i might have to wait till 1.1.4 for a software unlock to work. The only reason that I would buy a 1.1.3 is because I am really anxious for a HARDWARE update to the iPhone...like an iPhone2. Most predictions are that this may be announced now but not released before June, or even announced/released at WWDC to start with. But what if a new iPhone comes out now (how likely is this?) I will feel very bad buying one a few days before the new one


    Right now, I am probably going to buy a 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone, but am still not very sure. Even if i do buy it, should I just leave it in its box until 1.1.3 comes out? Should i at least activate/jailbreak it, since i read you have to use itunes to re-upgrade to 1.1.2 after downgrading to 1.1.1, which, after 1.1.3 comes out, might be troublesome?

    I would like advice. I realize some of my questions/expectations may seem silly, but I really want my iPhone experience to go well, since I've played with my friends' a lot and I really love the damn thing ;p

    Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this, I am anxiously awaiting your responses ASAP!

    Aziz



  2. #2
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Haugesund
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I would go for choice number one. You are more likely to wait much, much longer for a SW unlock if you go with the 1.1.3 once its released.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    I would go for choice number one. You are more likely to wait much, much longer for a SW unlock if you go with the 1.1.3 once its released.
    Thanks for the reply, I was worried I would be ignored...but should I activate/jailbreak it in anticipation of the software unlock? Or do the same and go for the hardware unlock? The way i see it, the software unlock may be coming really soon, so if it turns out that that isn't true I can just buy the *SIM then...what do you think?

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ... I opted for option 1 and a TurboSIM (yes... I was patient, and lucky, enough to catch a Bladox's store quick opening)

    1.1.2 it's ok for my needs and I'll be an happy camper (upgarding, if possible, using TurboSIM or sw unlocks). I'll "skip" iPhone 2 and wait for iPhone 3 then... we'll see

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I would go for choice number 2 at this point, especally because we now have 1.1.3. with a new bb and predictions on soon unlock are here. Even George Hotz said it here.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    changes of a new iphone with immediate release are very low
    Phil | MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Leopard | iPhone 8GB

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Looks like i'm going with number 2, thanks for all the replies! Should I activate/jailbreak it now (because of the need to use iTunes to reupdate to 1.1.2) or should i just leave it in the box and not use it till the software unlock is released?

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array Pentium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My PC
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I don't think Apple will upgrade the iPhone before June 2008..all I think they will do is to keep adding features by software upgrades...

    I think u can buy 1.1.2 now...if the software unlock doesn't show up...u can get a Turbo SIM.
    iPhone 4 32G Black - iPad 2 64G Black
    Retired: iPhone 2G - iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS - iPad

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hey guys where i can find a cheap turbosim? that costs about 100 now :-(

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
    I don't think Apple will upgrade the iPhone before June 2008..all I think they will do is to keep adding features by software upgrades...

    I think u can buy 1.1.2 now...if the software unlock doesn't show up...u can get a Turbo SIM.
    That's what I'm going to do. But I still have one last question and I want your opinions, then i promise i'll leave everybody alone

    Should I activate/jailbreak the iPhone in the meantime, before the 1.1.3 update is released? Because part of the activation/jailbreak process requires using iTunes to update your 1.1.1 back to 1.1.2...and when 1.1.3 is available that may be a bit tricky, so should i do that now, or should i leave it untouched till the software unlock is released?

    Thanks!!


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some important help needed
    By kris- in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 06:35 AM
  2. [Advice] Possible Front Facing Camera?
    By entaum in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 04:31 AM
  3. [1.1.2 OOTB] I swear I tried everything, I need serious advice
    By azooz2006 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 03:28 PM
  4. Just got my iphone, advice needed!
    By gkcharn in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:39 AM.
twitter, follow us!