Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Discuss [1.1.1] I would like to upgrade to 1.1.4 at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hello there, I have currently got my iPhone running version 1.1.1 and I would like ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [1.1.1] I would like to upgrade to 1.1.4

    Hello there,

    I have currently got my iPhone running version 1.1.1 and I would like to upgrade.
    Firmware: 04.01.13_G
    I have probably used the newer method of AnySIM that didn't impair the baseband. What method shall I use to upgrade to 1.1.4? I have read a lot of discussions about ZiPhone. Would it work in my case?
    I want to update, because my phone is sometimes losing the reception and shows "Network Lost" prompt on the screen.

    With the best regards,
    Jonas
    Last edited by flyeris; 06-07-2008 at 04:34 PM.



  2. #2
    Young Padawan Array duck9000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    DFU and restore to 1.1.4. Try Pwnage, iLiberty or iPlus, whatever you want. Good luck
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am on Windows. What options are left? Are they better than the ZiPhone?

  4. #4
    Young Padawan Array duck9000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyeris View Post
    I am on Windows. What options are left? Are they better than the ZiPhone?
    WinPwn (Pwnage for windows), iLiberty or iPlus. Regarding to your question about Ziphone, please read this sticky: Use ZiPhone at your own Risk! Big Wi-Fi issue caused by ZiPhone
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So, is there any difference between iLiberty and Pwnage or are they equal in their functionality? I am not interested in changing the boot images or what so ever - I just want my phone to remain functional. Do I have to change my baseband? As I understand, it currently is 3.9, right?


  6. #6
    Young Padawan Array duck9000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Outer Rim
    Posts
    2,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    149
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.

  7. #7
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    You guys better wait 2.0, it is coming soon.

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hope anybody could advise and help me..
    i got a 1.12 FW4.02 (orig from 1.0.2 JB and unlock to 1.1.1 - 1.1.2)
    planning to upgrade to 1.1.4
    have read many post here to "virginize" 1st before restoring and upgrading, since my installer have been updated to 3.11, i dont have the"unlocking tools " on my installer, and being a computer noob, having a hard time understanding on how to ssh the "virginizer pack" to my iphone, but i have the "hackthatiphone" source and under it have "baseband downgrader#1, #2,#3" on my installer.
    Questions:
    1. is this the same with virginizer pack?
    2. if it is, which # should i install?
    3. if not, is there any other simple way to get virginizer pack?
    4. if ever i can get virginizer pack, which should i do 1st? virginize then downgrade? or any way will do?
    5. should i downgrade to 1.0.2? or 1.1.1 ?

    sorry for so many questions,
    hoping for your advise..
    thanks

  9. #9
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    hope anybody could advise and help me..
    i got a 1.12 FW4.02 (orig from 1.0.2 JB and unlock to 1.1.1 - 1.1.2)
    planning to upgrade to 1.1.4
    have read many post here to "virginize" 1st before restoring and upgrading, since my installer have been updated to 3.11, i dont have the"unlocking tools " on my installer, and being a computer noob, having a hard time understanding on how to ssh the "virginizer pack" to my iphone, but i have the "hackthatiphone" source and under it have "baseband downgrader#1, #2,#3" on my installer.
    Questions:
    1. is this the same with virginizer pack?
    2. if it is, which # should i install?
    3. if not, is there any other simple way to get virginizer pack?
    4. if ever i can get virginizer pack, which should i do 1st? virginize then downgrade? or any way will do?
    5. should i downgrade to 1.0.2? or 1.1.1 ?

    sorry for so many questions,
    hoping for your advise..
    thanks
    I have been seeing this post in another thread...

    Anyway: If you are using your iPhone on 1.1.1/1.1.2 unlocked, you probably already virginized. Cause from 1.0.2 fw with old AnySIM 1.0.2 upgrading to 1.1.1 ended with a brick. So the iPhone should be ok.
    If so just DFU restore to 1.1.4 and unlock with Pwnage or iLiberty (Win/Mac).

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #10
    qnc
    qnc is offline
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyeris View Post
    So, is there any difference between iLiberty and Pwnage or are they equal in their functionality? I am not interested in changing the boot images or what so ever - I just want my phone to remain functional. Do I have to change my baseband? As I understand, it currently is 3.9, right?
    Since you are not worrying about custom firmware or boot image use iLiberty+.

    Your BL version is 3.9. I just upgraded from 1.1.1 OTB also.

    Your moden firmware will upgrade along with 1.1.4 firmware, but your BL version will remain the same. It should stay 3.9. (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm looking at my info right now)

    Just as duck9000 said DFU restore to 1.1.4 and use iLiberty+.

    To make sure you are in DFU mode use iLiberty to kick into this mode alot easier that guessing with holding the buttons.


    Anyway don't use Ziphone.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
  2. [Upgrade]OTB 1.1.2 Upgrade to 1.1.4 W/O Unlock/Activate/Jailbreak
    By Allingby in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 04:37 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
  5. [1.1.3] Jailbreak/Upgrade, does 1.1.2u unlock Survive upgrade?
    By mdfreeman in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 04:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:10 PM.
twitter, follow us!