Discuss [1.1.1] Going to 1.1.3 > Is this guide right for me ? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I have a 1.1.1 phone unlocked with anysim. Apparently there is a way to upgrade ...
[1.1.1] Going to 1.1.3 > Is this guide right for me ?
I have a 1.1.1 phone unlocked with anysim. Apparently there is a way to upgrade to 1.1.3 through 1.1.2 and remain unlocked. If anyone is kind enough to confirm if this guide is right for me and if it makes sense? I am not even sure if this is suppose to be possible. Any info is appreciated:
First thie guide supposingly gets me to 1.1.2 jailbreaked
and then it points to this page to get to 1.1.2 unlocked+jailbreaked
and the finally
gets me to 1.1.3 jailbreaked? and it keeps unlock?!
In theory it sounds like it will work.
I too am on 1.1.1 unlocked with anysim. I'm personally going to give it another week or two to see if any all-in-one guides come out on how to get from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 firmware. Right now I don't see a point in upgrading to 1.1.3 unless you are jones'n for google map locate (which does not work at the moment for jailbroken 1.1.3 firmware), and re-arranging icons.
you don't have to do so much of a hassle. i had US BL3.9 iphone unlocked with anysim 1.1. I upgraded directly to 1.1.3 using http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=604 after that add Boss repo in the sources http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml i think and then install ringtone fix from it. thats it!
Ageed with above
went straight from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using Nate True and then the Fixes as listed above to correct the No Ringtone problem
Works like a charm, no other hassles all stayed unlocked
Me too, I couldn't make locateme, Navizon or google locate work when I did this. Going to 1.1.3 via 1.1.2 solved this for me.
Originally Posted by Zainz
I'm anysim unlocked, the soft update to 1.1.3 doesn't change your unlock status... if you go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 via 1.1.2 you will have to reunlock after installing 1.1.2 with anysim 1.2.1u though.
so if I'm reading the last post, my 1.1.1 out of the box anysim unlocked iphone can be updated just by using the 1.1.3 soft upgrade? And doing nothing else?
Here is my experience doing this on an iPhone Unlokced on 1.1.1 with AnySim 1.1 (you MUST upgrade to 1.1.2 and unlock via anysim 1.2.1u before going to 1.1.3 and this guide will help you backup your data and upgrade and remain unlocked)
- OK Downloaded iBrickr for 1.1.3 (link for PC) (link for Mac) I haven't done the mac version
1) Sync your iphone with iTunes (so you have a recent backup of your phone/contacts/data)
2) Restore it to 1.1.1 and Jailbreak with *#307# (you should still be unlcoked - but will erase all apps etc, this is good so you dont have to uninstall them in 1.1.3)
3) Install OKtoprep from installer
4) Shift+Upgrade to 1.1.2 (not restore)
5) Run Jailbreak.jar to jailbreak 1.1.2
6) Install BSD Subsystem from installer
7) Add - http://rep.frenchiphone.com or http://hacktheiphone.com/1.xml to installer sources
8) Install AnySim 1.2.1u (or download the app from the elite dev website and ssh/winscp, and copy it to applications with 0755 permissions) - NOT AnySIM 1.2p (make sure the name is correct)
9) Turn Airplane Mode ON in Settings
10) Set Auto Lock to Never in settings - General - Auto Lock
11) Run AnySim 1.2.1u (make sure airplane mode is ON and you see a plane in the status bar)
11) Reboot after Successful
12) Take Airplane mode off - Fully Working 1.1.2 - Uninstall/Remove Anysim
13) Run new Ibrickr for 1.1.3 Soft-Update (link for PC) (link for Mac)
14) Run 1.1.3 Soft-Update from Installer (make sure autolock is never and leave it)
15) Allow it to do its thing (it will reboot - even if it pops you back to the spring board leanve it)
You will now have 1.1.3 firmware with 1.1.2 baseband, jailbreaked unlocked and activated.
16) Go to setting and reset all settings. (if you need to - I didnt on my phone) - to fix edge and wifi settings if needed
17) Sync and enjoy
18) Use 1.1.3 SoftUpgrade Cleaner from Installer to remove the 300mb files ibrickr put on your phone
19) Add http://i.unlock.no to installer sources and run the youtube patch.
20) Fix caller ID:
[1.1.3] Patched AppSupport for CallerID Here!!!
This awesome guy have found the fix for AppSupport.
- Create a directory named "Support" in the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory
on your iPhone.
- Copy the "AppSupport" and "AppSupport.original" files from the zip file to
the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ directory on your iPhone.
- Copy the "PhoneNumber.dylib" and "PhoneNumberTemplates.txt" files from the zip file to
the /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/Support/ directory on your iPhone.
- Optimize the "PhoneNumberTemplates.txt" file on your iPhone by moving all templates for your country
to the top of the file and/or removing templates for countries that you don't need.
- Reboot iPhone.
Download the package here:
Working on my 1.1.3 iPhone. CallerID for both Phone and SMS works.
All credits to http://users.skynet.be/ra045246/
true!!!! i did the same
what is up with ijailbreak.com. It was linked from erica sadun post on tuaw.com. Is the guy really 13 or has he been hacking for 13 years
taken from channelweb ...
Originally Posted by med007
" The online tech community is buzzing this week over the iJailBreak.com debut. The Web site provides iPod Touch users a simple, free application that, when downloaded, opens the devices to third-party software. Amplifying the buzz was the guarded identity of the hacker, known only by his age, 13, and his handle, AriX"
Full article: http://www.crn.com/software/202404184
By djpav in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 04-22-2012, 07:31 PM
By InverTime in forum AppStore Software
Last Post: 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
By PingunZ in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 10-05-2008, 05:43 AM
By darkprince in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM
By tetsu in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-24-2007, 04:57 PM