Discuss [1.1.1] Anysim "couldn't load the secpack data" at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I'm trying to use anysim right now to unlock my phone, but it keeps giving ...
[1.1.1] Anysim "couldn't load the secpack data"
I'm trying to use anysim right now to unlock my phone, but it keeps giving me the error, "couldn't load the secpack data," then tells me it couldn't unlock the phone. I tried restarting, and it gave me the same thing. I took out the sim card and put it back in, but I still got the error. Could it be that the sim card (T-mobile) has a PIN on it? I don't think it does, because on my other phone it says that there is no PIN when I go to options. Should I try reinstalling anySim? Any other suggestions?
I found this from a guy who had the same problem:
"1. Downgrade (or upgrade if your on 1.0.2) to 1.1.1 software from appleiphoneschool
2. Unlock with jailbreakme (following instructions carefully)
3. Install "i.unlock.no" to your installer sources
4. Install and run "virginizer" which restores your modem firmware (follow instructions carefully)
5. restart your phone after you run virginizer
6. Reinstall 1.1.1 by holding shift and pressing the restore button
8. Install anysim from utillities be sure that its the right anysim for your modem firmware (04.02.13_G)
9. Before you run AnySim be sure to turn auto-lock off and turn airplane mode on.
10. Run AnySim and with some freaking good luck it should work"
The thing is, I'm at 1.1.1 right now, but am I able to reinstall it, or do i have to upgrade to 1.1.2 then back down to 1.1.1?
What about virginizer? is that safe?
By bspline in forum Tools
Last Post: 05-13-2010, 01:28 AM
By virgin in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
By anthp in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-02-2007, 09:12 PM
By Big Apple in forum General
Last Post: 09-24-2007, 07:56 AM
By iloveiphone2 in forum General
Last Post: 09-17-2007, 07:03 PM