dtube and I have been discussing the virginization question for a while. This guide is to help those who did not virginize and went straight to 1.1.4 by mistake. Some of them have issues like "No Signal", no IMEI, no ICCID.
This post is divided into two parts.
The solution is intended for an iphone with 1.0.0 - 1.0.2 unlocked using old method (with iUnlock or unlock-fast.pxl or AnySIM 1.02 ) where seczone was corrupted.
This phone was upgraded to 1.1.4 without virginization
Currently, this phone has 1.1.4 OS and 04.04.05_g modem firmware and original bootloader 3.9
This write up is a guide for going back to 1.1.1 and virginize the baseband so you can upgrade to 1.1.4 correctly.
"The Virginizer" can be run on 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 with their respective basebands.
Depending on your iPhone setup you may skip some of the steps, they are marked. You should be able to use Wi-Fi.
If everything goes ok, there are only a few steps to be accomplished. You may - at a step - not be able to follow, so we offer a detour for that as well, thats marked too.
Preparation (get the following software)
Apple iPhone Fimware 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 (download link here)
Apptapp installer 3.1 from Nullriver here (optional)
iLiberty+/iLibertyX here (Win/Mac latest version)
iNdependence v1.4 (Mac) from here (optional)
1. Goto "Settings->General" set "Auto-Lock" to "Never"
--> Skip Step 2 - 4 if you have Installer on the iPhone
2. Start iLiberty+ (Windows) or iLibertyX (Mac)
3. Select "Jailbreak" and add payload "Installer" and click go for it. This will put installer version 3.01 on the phone
4. Installer may want to update to version 3.11. You may do this or stay at 3.01
--> If you experience iLiberty not able to Jailbreak and end with looping "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 02" on the iPhone, DFU restore to 1.1.4 and continue at "Detour 1"
5. Install BSD subsystem 2.1 if you dont already have done so
6. Add i.unlock.no under "Sources".
7. AGAIN: Make sure Auto-Lock is set to NEVER!!!
8. In Installer goto Unlocking Tools -> Baseband Downgrader
9. Choose Install. It will downgrade the baseband to 04.01.13 (matching with Firmware 1.1.1). The virginizer later will do its work. Process takes about 5 Minutes - keep cool!!! If Wi-Fi popps up, let it do so, dont react. Its because Commcenter gets off during the process.
10. When done, DFU restore to iTunes to FW 1.1.1
DFU is a must, if you are in recovery mode iTunes will throw errors. You can use iNdependence/iLiberty to get into DFU mode if you can’t do it manually. If using iNdependence, iNdependence wants to be pointed to the unzipped Firmware file 1.1.4 (so you have to unzip the downloaded firmware and point iNdependence to the unzippen - Mac only). Let iNdependence do its work, when done (being in DFU mode, quit iNdependence)
11. Start itunes, restore to 1.1.1, ending in activation screen, quit iTunes.
12. Jailbreak, Activate, get Installer on the 1.1.1 iPhone using iLiberty
--> If you had issues with using iLiberty to JB/ACT your 1.1.1 phone at this point, skip to detour 2
13. select JB/ACT and add payload BSD and Installer
14. You MUST set Auto-Lock to "never" again!!!!!!!
15. Add i.unlock.no to sources and refresh.
16. Update Installer will pop up again, just IGNORE it
17. Start Installer, goto "Unlocking Tools -> The Virginizer" and hit "Install"
18. Virginizing takes 10 minutes NEVER interrupt!
19. After its done, immediately restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes, "setup as new phone", not "from backup"
20. Use Pwnage or iLiberty to jailbreak/activate/unlock your iPhone
Continued next post with detours