I have a phone a friend gave me tonight. I don't know what version of firmware it had on it when I got it as the screen would flash black and turn off.
I think it was 1.0.2 OTB.
I have no idea how it was unlocked but judging from how its not working I would guess ZiPhone! Apparently it was working and then suddenly stoped working.
To be honest I am not sure I believe my friends story but I figured it couldn't hurt to have a go at fixing it.
I tried a DFU restore back to 1.1.4 several times - it failed with 1011.
Then I DFU restored 1.0.2, 1.1.1 and on 1.1.2 got a 1604 error but now the screen doesn't even flash it just stays off!
Previously I was cheating and using iLiberty for DFU mode but now I have to do it manually and without any feedback from the screen I am not having much luck. iLiberty does NOT recognise it anymore lol and as far as I can see its not being recognised by the computer but I also know that is what DFU mode can be like until it actually connects to iTunes.
I will keep at it but I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or tricks for getting to DFU mode easier! I know its a question of timing but I am useless at that! lol