Discuss [1.0.2] Not recognized by iTunes, can't restore, can't charge at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
I ve made my research before posting this thread. But if i am missing ...
[1.0.2] Not recognized by iTunes, can't restore, can't charge
I ve made my research before posting this thread. But if i am missing anything, please help me out because i am going nuts here.
Here is the situation, my friend brought me her iphone for me to upgrade it to 1.1.4. Ever since she got it, she told me that she cant read her txt msgs, also every couple mins, a screen pops and says " this device cant be used with iphone, do you want to turn airplane on" or something similiar.
I ve tried to plug it to my mac, then to the pc but either option didnt work. Iphone doesnt charge thru usb, and everytime i try to turn it off, phone just restarts. Same as with the wall charger, it keeps restarting.
I checked and found out that phone goes into recovery but still no luck with itunes. I tried virginizing, but still nothing because i cant sync.
My question to you is, how am i going to save this phone. Right now it works, at least it seems like it works but having difficulty charging, no txt, and not recognized by mac and pc. And it still has the recovery, so its not totally garbage.
Is there a way that i can solve this issue? There is no installer app in the phone, i tried to copy it from mine but i think since its an higher version, it doesnt run on 1.0.2.
Thank You all in advance
Seems that you can SSH into the iPhone, so there should be a way out. This is from another thread I started with dtube but will work for you.
Originally Posted by newyorker
Apptapp installer 3.1 from Nullriver here (optional)
1. Open Package (folder) "AppTapp Installer", in there open "Contents/Resources/". Even though the downloaded version is for Mac OS, this works same on Windows, it's just a package. On Windows it looks like a folder, on Mac ctrl-klick on AppTapp Installer and choose "Show Package content)
2. Connect to iPhone with SFTP (WinSCP on Windows, Fugu/Cyberduck on Mac)
3. Copy Installer.app from your Mac/PC (it's in Contents/Resources/) to /Applications on the iPhone and chmod to 755
4. Restart iPhone (shut off with red slider)
5. Start Installer on the iPhone
6. I had "script execution error" on updating Installer to 3.0 (you have to)
I had to SSH into the iPhone (Putty on Windows, Terminal on Mac) and type
chmod -R 755 Installer.app
chmod 6755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
7. Restart iPhone (shut off with red slider)
8. Start Installer app, you have to upgrade to Installer 3.0.
9. After restarting Installer it offers to upgrade again, Don't do it. This dialog will pop up several times again, just ignore
Make sure to have BSD Subsystem on the iPhone and the first virginize it.
Try to DFU restore then and check if you can use iTunes then to restore to 1.1.4
Hope that helps,
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
By lxiscs in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
By cristina in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
By tony3005 in forum Quickpwn 3G
Last Post: 05-07-2009, 04:00 AM
By elchino in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:38 AM