Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Discuss [1.0.2] Jailbreak attempt messed up at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Eugene Yes, restored to 1.1.1 Guys I'm desperate, do i try 1.1.4 ...
  1. #31
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Yes, restored to 1.1.1

    Guys I'm desperate, do i try 1.1.4 in DFU mode now ?
    No, you need to virginize at 1.1.1.

    Without connecting the iPhone to the PC, start iLiberty.
    Hit the tab "Advanced" (on top), then"Local" (on the bottom)
    You should see "Installer" and "BSD Subsystem" in there. Activate (select) both
    Tab "Selected2 (on the bottom should read now "Selected (2)"
    Goto tab "Standard" (on top) and activate (select) "Jailbreak" (already selected) and "Activate".
    Connect the iPhone to the PC. If a photo app starts popping up, just quit it. If iTunes starts up, just put it to the task bar.
    In iLiberty, the button "Go for it!" should be accessible now (not greyed), hit it.
    A window in iLiberty will pop up, telling you to disconnect the iPhone and then reconnect. Do that, disconnect, wait a few seconds, reconnect. If iTunes popps up again, send it to the task bar. Hit "OK" then in the iLiberty dialog.
    The programm will start to do its work.
    If iTunes popps up in between, just put it back to the task bar.

    BTW: You do have the latest version of itunes installed, right? If not, do so before trying again.

    let iLiberty do the job, it takes a while. Report back when done. We will guide you further on.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  2. #32
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I do have the latest version installed. I have already tried to do the same thing over and over again, nothing. I have waited for more than 20 minutes, at that point the iPhone disconnects and spams me with "BSD minor major ..."

  3. #33
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I do have the latest version installed. I have already tried to do the same thing over and over again, nothing. I have waited for more than 20 minutes, at that point the iPhone disconnects and spams me with "BSD minor major ..."
    Progress report:

    DFU restored to 1.0.2, received 1013 error. Iphone remained in recovery mode, kicked it out via iLiberty, then JB/ACT + BSD + INSTALLER via iLiberty. After then minutes of waiting i kicked it out again, everything restarted, runned iLiberty on iPhone. Ua-la ! 1.0.2 iphone with installer app, everything working, except youtube.

    Question: what to do next ? virginize, then to 1.1.4, jb/act + installer + bsd? or keep it this way ?

  4. #34
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Progress report:

    DFU restored to 1.0.2, received 1013 error. Iphone remained in recovery mode, kicked it out via iLiberty, then JB/ACT + BSD + INSTALLER via iLiberty. After then minutes of waiting i kicked it out again, everything restarted, runned iLiberty on iPhone. Ua-la ! 1.0.2 iphone with installer app, everything working, except youtube.

    Question: what to do next ? virginize, then to 1.1.4, jb/act + installer + bsd? or keep it this way ?
    Hurray!!!
    Now you need to have BSD Subsystem on the iphone (load via Installer). Just to make sure you have it, you amy aswell check in installer. Or just install again. they are absulutely necessary for virginizing.
    If Installer offers to update, dont do it!!!

    Then:
    MOST IMPORTANT: You MUST set Auto-Lock to "never" in Settings->General

    1. Make sure you have Wi-Fi/Internet-access and add i.unlock.no to sources in Installer and refresh.
    2. Update Installer might pop up again, just IGNORE it
    3. Start Installer, goto "Unlocking Tools -> The Virginizer" and hit "Install"
    4. Virginizing takes 10 minutes NEVER interrupt!
    5. After its done, immediately restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes, "setup as new phone", not "from backup".

    Then goto
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43569

    and do the unlock

    Keep my fingers crossed

    volkspost
    Last edited by volkspost; 06-20-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #35
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Hurray!!!
    Now you need to have BSD Subsystem on the iphone (load via Installer). Just to make sure you have it, you amy aswell check in installer. Or just install again. they are absulutely necessary for virginizing.
    If Installer offers to update, dont do it!!!

    Then:
    MOST IMPORTANT: You MUST set Auto-Lock to "never" in Settings->General

    1. Make sure you have Wi-Fi/Internet-access and add i.unlock.no to sources in Installer and refresh.
    2. Update Installer might pop up again, just IGNORE it
    3. Start Installer, goto "Unlocking Tools -> The Virginizer" and hit "Install"
    8. Virginizing takes 10 minutes NEVER interrupt!
    9. After its done, immediately restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes, "setup as new phone", not "from backup".

    Then goto
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43569

    and do the unlock

    Keep my fingers crossed

    volkspost
    Few questions:

    Restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes in recovery mode ?
    I have installed BSD subsystem on iphone via the installer app, it sits in the uninstaller menu,and there is no bsd icon on the main menu, is it supposed to be like that ? Will virginizing even work on 1.0.2 ?

    P.S. not receiving sms in the current state


  6. #36
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Few questions:

    Restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes in recovery mode ?
    I have installed BSD subsystem on iphone via the installer app, it sits in the uninstaller menu,and there is no bsd icon on the main menu, is it supposed to be like that ? Will virginizing even work on 1.0.2 ?

    P.S. not receiving sms in the current state
    Everything seems perfect, just dont know about the sms-problem. But that should be ok later.

    BSD Subsystem is installed. When you see it at the uninstall screen of Installer, you have it. It is a set of Unix commands, they do not have an icon, so don't worry.

    You are ready to viginize. It can be done at firmware 1.0.2 or firmware 1.1.1, so you are ok here aswell.

    When done, you just start iTunes - dont try anything on the iPhone for now. iTunes will "see" your (virginized) iPhone. In iTunes then hit the "Resore" button. If you do have downloaded Apples Firmware 1.1.4 to your computer Shift-click (on Windows, Option-click on a Mac) on "Restore" in iTunes, select the 1.1.4 Firmware and let iTunes do the Restore/Upgrade. You dont have to put the iPhone in any mode for that.

    If you want to unlock your iPhone once you restored to 1.1.4 with iLiberty for Windows, go here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43569
    it`s a step by step with pictures

    volkspost
    Last edited by volkspost; 06-20-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #37
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Everything seems perfect, just dont know about the sms-problem. But that should be ok later.

    BSD Subsystem is installed. When you see it at the uninstall screen of Installer, you have it. It is a set of Unix commands, they do not have an icon, so don't worry.

    You are ready to viginize. It can be done at firmware 1.0.2 or firmware 1.1.1, so you are ok here aswell.

    When done, you just start iTunes - dont try anything on the iPhone for now. iTunes will "see" your (virginized) iPhone. In iTunes then hit the "Resore" button. If you do have downloaded Apples Firmware 1.1.4 to your computer Shift-click (on Windows, Option-click on a Mac) on "Restore" in iTunes, select the 1.1.4 Firmware and let iTunes do the Restore/Upgrade. You dont have to put the iPhone in any mode for that.

    If you want to unlock your iPhone once you restored to 1.1.4 with iLiberty for Windows, go here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43569
    it`s a step by step with pictures

    volkspost
    One more question, should I remove my sim card from the device before atempting to virginize in case somebody decides to call me while the process is running ?

  8. #38
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    One more question, should I remove my sim card from the device before atempting to virginize in case somebody decides to call me while the process is running ?
    You can remove your simcard, thats ok. As far as I remember CommCenter is unloaded while virginizing, so nobody can call you but it's a good idea anyway.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #39
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks will report back when done.

  10. #40
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you thank you thank you! Followed the instructions and everything is perfect now! Going to fix youtube and enjoy app installer!

    Thank you so much, you made my day !!!


 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do not attempt new Spirit jailbreak with iTunes 9.2
    By vikram in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
  2. Newbie Jailbreak Attempt
    By polarpete in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
  3. IPT 3G Messed or bad jailbreak
    By Jaxius in forum iPod Touch 2G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:54 AM
  5. first attempt to jailbreak unsuccessful
    By cozart in forum iPod Touch 1G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 02:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:47 PM.
twitter, follow us!