1. Goto "Settings->General" set "Auto-Lock" to "Never"
--> Skip Step 2 - 4 if you have Installer on the iPhone
2. Start iLiberty+ (Windows) or iLibertyX (Mac)
3. Select "Jailbreak" and add payload "Installer" and click go for it. This will put installer version 3.01 on the phone
4. Installer may want to update to version 3.11. You may do this or stay at 3.01
--> If you experience iLiberty not able to Jailbreak and end with looping "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 02" on the iPhone, DFU restore to 1.1.4 and continue at "Detour 1"
You had to quit iLiberty, cause jailbreak did not work even after 10 Minutes. iPhone restarts, scrolls text and end with looping "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 02". DFU restore the iPhone to 1.1.4 in iTunes and start from step 1. Instead of step 2 - 4 use the following steps:
You have to get the iphone out of the looping "BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 02". To do so:
1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already.
2. Hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside.
3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version. If not, upgrade.
4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac.
5. Keep holding Home button until iTunes finds the iPhone in recovery mode. Restore to 1.1.4.
Then continue with the Detour 1.
1. Open Package (folder) "AppTapp Installer", in there open "Contents/Resources/". Even though the downloaded version is for Mac OS, this works same on Windows, it's just a package. On Windows it looks like a folder, on Mac ctrl-klick on AppTapp Installer and choose "Show Package content)
2. Connect to iPhone with SFTP (WinSCP on Windows, Fugu/Cyberduck on Mac)
3. Copy Installer.app from your Mac/PC (it's in Contents/Resources/) to /Applications on the iPhone and chmod to 755
4. Restart iPhone (shut off with red slider)
5. Start Installer on the iPhone
6. I had "script execution error" on updating Installer to 3.0 (you have to)
I had to SSH into the iPhone (Putty on Windows, Terminal on Mac) and type
chmod -R 755 Installer.app
chmod 6755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
7. Restart iPhone (shut off with red slider)
8. Start Installer app, you have to upgrade to Installer 3.0.
9. After restarting Installer it offers to upgrade again, Don't do it. This dialog will pop up several times again, just ignore
10. Continue with step 5