Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75
Discuss [1.0.2][Advice] Need to virginize, stuck at BSD root: .... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Been reading up on here and it appears i have a 1.0.2 anysim unlocked iphone. ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [1.0.2][Advice] Need to virginize, stuck at BSD root: ....

    Been reading up on here and it appears i have a 1.0.2 anysim unlocked iphone.

    All is working fine. I wanted to update to 1.1.4 and I am led to beleive i need to follow this guide...

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41839

    I have and now my iphone is just stuck in a loop about "BSD" something or other and "mount" something or other...

    I have tried to restore back to 1.0.2 and this has failed. Please help. I am so not sure what to do.

    Chey



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    exact error is...

    "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

    its been going on like this for ages. i tried a restore just then in itunes with the phone in DFU mode (set in iLiberty) but still loops

  3. #3
    Board Hero Array lordofdaflies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    dude search the forum iv seen a thread just like this and the guy solved his problem

    good luck buddy
    MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
    iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.2
    iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
    BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)

  4. #4
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    exact error is...

    "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

    its been going on like this for ages. i tried a restore just then in itunes with the phone in DFU mode (set in iLiberty) but still loops
    Did you already upgrade to 1.1.4 or are you still at 1.0.2?

    Next time use a conform title format, thread will be closed otherwise; please read my signature, thanks

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i have just restored 1.1.1 and it seems to be at least doing something! obvioulsy my phone is locked, not activiated or jailbroken.

    i dial *3001#12345#* and press versions... says 04.01.13_G, previously said 03.14.08_G (on 1.0.2)

    Should i downgrade to 1.0.2, virginise it and unlock? or do i just simply go straight to 1.1.4 ?

    this is where it all gets confusing. in the past, i have simply unlocked iphones using the ziphone tool on 1.1.2 OTB iphones.

    this is my first time using any other method and on 1.0.2, on the basis that everyone here seems to think that iLiberty+ is the way to go...

    any further help or guidance is much appreciated.


  6. #6
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    i have just restored 1.1.1 and it seems to be at least doing something! obvioulsy my phone is locked, not activiated or jailbroken.

    i dial *3001#12345#* and press versions... says 04.01.13_G, previously said 03.14.08_G (on 1.0.2)

    Should i downgrade to 1.0.2, virginise it and unlock? or do i just simply go straight to 1.1.4 ?

    this is where it all gets confusing. in the past, i have simply unlocked iphones using the ziphone tool on 1.1.2 OTB iphones.

    this is my first time using any other method and on 1.0.2, on the basis that everyone here seems to think that iLiberty+ is the way to go...

    any further help or guidance is much appreciated.
    OK, if your iPhone was unlocked at firmware 1.0.2 with AnySIM 1.0.2 you should first virginize it. AnySIM 1.0.2 left you with a corrupted seczone and you may risk a brick.

    So stay at 1.1.1 and goto
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42046

    Jump in at step 12 and continue to the end. Once at 1.1.4 I would recommend the use of iLiberty or Pwnage to jailbreak, activate and unlock your iPhone.

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #7
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks. Just out of interest, what is difference between 04.01.13_G and 03.14.08_G?

    Ideally, what firmware should i be on at the end of this?

  8. #8
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    Thanks. Just out of interest, what is difference between 04.01.13_G and 03.14.08_G?

    Ideally, what firmware should i be on at the end of this?
    03.14.08_G is the matching baseband for fw 1.0.2
    04.01.13_G is the matching baseband for fw 1.1.1
    04.04.05_G is the matching baseband for fw 1.1.4 (once you are there, will be automatically be there when restoring to 1.1.4)

    v.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    so as long as you are on the 04.04.05_G firmware then all is good? for instance, i cant be on a 04.01.13_G (1.1.1 fw) and have 1.1.4 can i?

    so which bootloader ideally should i be on? or is this where that bootneuter thing comes into play?

    volkspot, thanks for the help so far.

  10. #10
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    so as long as you are on the 04.04.05_G firmware then all is good? for instance, i cant be on a 04.01.13_G (1.1.1 fw) and have 1.1.4 can i?

    so which bootloader ideally should i be on? or is this where that bootneuter thing comes into play?

    volkspot, thanks for the help so far.
    Lets sort things out.
    Your iPhone was OOTB 1.0.2, had baseband 03.14.08_G and came with bootloader 3.9. You upgraded to 1.1.1, now having baseband 04.01.13_G, still with bootloader 3.9. You should stay at the bootloader the iPhone came with.
    Once you restore to 1.1.4 the iPhone will have baseband 04.04.05_G, still with bootloader 3.9.
    This can be changed later, when BootNeuter is used. But I would not do it. No reason to do so, no advantage, no other options. I would just leave it as is.

    Different story if we are talking iPhones OOTB 1.1.2 and newer. Tehy came with bootloader 4.6. Some unlock methods downgrade the bootloader then to 3.9 or 3.9 fakeblank. those users might want to use BootNeuter to get back their original bootloaders. For instance if you have to return the iPhone to Apple cause of a hardware defect, you better make sure it looks factory original.

    Your way would be getting the iPhone virginized, restore to 1.1.4 and unlock with iLiberty or Pwnage. Both methods will leave your bootloader untouched, cause you are at 3.9

    hope that helps
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


 

 
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.4][Virginize Advice] Need to send phone back to Apple
    By Cerebro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:18 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 07:39 AM
  4. [advice][1.0.2]how to virginize
    By Gflux in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:55 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 06:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:45 PM.
twitter, follow us!