Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75
Discuss [1.0.2][Advice] Need to virginize, stuck at BSD root: .... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; right, but now it should be easy....
  1. #61
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    right, but now it should be easy.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  2. #62
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    right, but now it should be easy.
    I love you (in a none gay way)

    My iPhone is working again!!! Volkspost, I just want to say a very big thank you. I cannot begin to even tell you how very helpful you have been the last day in helping me get to where it is now.

    Just finalising the finishing steps then I am complete.

    Again, your help is much appreciated.

    Chey

  3. #63
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Volkspost, now that its all working, do you recommend "pwnage" for the iPhone?

    If so, can you please tell me what benefits this has and if YOU have specifically written an article?

  4. #64
    Developer Array malhaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    Volkspost, now that its all working, do you recommend "pwnage" for the iPhone?

    If so, can you please tell me what benefits this has and if YOU have specifically written an article?
    hey bro if its working againg then y do u wnt to mess up again??

  5. #65
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    Volkspost, now that its all working, do you recommend "pwnage" for the iPhone?

    If so, can you please tell me what benefits this has and if YOU have specifically written an article?
    Hi Chey!
    I am glad it finally worked! You learned a lot about your iPhone and the tools that help. Right now you are on an unlocked 1.1.4 iPhone plus you used iLiberty/Bootneuter to unlock. I would stay this way and just wait. We will see firmware 2.0 starting on Friday. Dont upgrade immediately, you'll be locked if you do so. We are all curious and hoping for a solution to upgrade and unlock 2.0 after Friday, we will see. For now you are set, having a good foundation for now and upcoming solutions. If I were you i would leave the iPhone as it is.

    Concerning your second question: I personally believe in the idea of non-profit communities. When I got my first iPhone about a year ago i started searching around to get it working, then started here in August as a complete noob, learned an incredible amount from other users here and still do this on a daily basis. On your specific iPhone problem I learned a lot about 1.1.1 from a different perspective.

    Enjoy your iPhone,
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #66
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi volkspost! Good job!

    I'm also thinking of upgrading my 1.0.2 - 1.1.2 iPhone before the 2.0 launch.
    I was thinking of just following the instructions you gave Chey but mine might be different?

    I bought mine OTB 1.0.2 already unlocked, then sometime in Dec 2007 I had another guy upgrade it to 1.1.4. I don't know what unlocking methods they used.

    I recently unlocked a friend's OTB 1.0.0 using iLiberty for Mac, it was fairly easy since he didn't do anything to it and he was subscribed to AT&T . Mine might be more complicated and I'm afraid to brick it.

    I would like to know first what is my current Boot Loader, how would I do this?

    I already have iLiberty+ for Mac software, do I need to download Bootneuter? and why do I need Bootneuter to unlock? doesn't iLiberty+ do that?

    I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!

  7. #67
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxx1122 View Post
    Hi volkspost! Good job!

    I'm also thinking of upgrading my 1.0.2 - 1.1.2 iPhone before the 2.0 launch.
    I was thinking of just following the instructions you gave Chey but mine might be different?

    I bought mine OTB 1.0.2 already unlocked, then sometime in Dec 2007 I had another guy upgrade it to 1.1.4. I don't know what unlocking methods they used.

    I would like to know first what is my current Boot Loader, how would I do this?

    I already have iLiberty+ for Mac software, do I need to download Bootneuter? and why do I need Bootneuter to unlock? doesn't iLiberty+ do that?

    I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!
    If your iPhone was OOTB 1.0.2 your Bootloader is 3.9 and you dont need to use Bootneuter. The only question is: When at 1.0.2 unlocked, which method was used to unlock the iPhone. Was it a software solution? If so, was it AnySIM 1.0.2. Or did you use a hardware solution like turbosim?
    You said "a guy upadted it to 1.1.4". So is it already unlocked at 1.1.4? Which method if so?

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  8. #68
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, i wanted to be on 1.1.4 unlocked. now that i am ther, all is good. Even if 2.0 comes out, i'll most likely update several months after. I dont want to risk "new" software unlocks that could potentially brick my phone.

    I would rather wait a little while, make sure everything is workign perfect then find out how to do it.

    maxx1122. I was reading a guide that Volkspost posted regarding your issue. I think you need to downgrade, virginise then follow my steps... dont take my word for it. its just from memory of what i read.

  9. #69
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chey View Post
    Yeah, i wanted to be on 1.1.4 unlocked. now that i am ther, all is good. Even if 2.0 comes out, i'll most likely update several months after. I dont want to risk "new" software unlocks that could potentially brick my phone.

    I would rather wait a little while, make sure everything is workign perfect then find out how to do it.

    maxx1122. I was reading a guide that Volkspost posted regarding your issue. I think you need to downgrade, virginise then follow my steps... dont take my word for it. its just from memory of what i read.
    concerning maxx112 I would do the same to be on the safe side.

    On you iPhone: From now on it will be easy. Once an unlock is out one day, you will find the how-to here in the forum. But this time in the future you dont risk a brick, cause your iPhone is clean now. If I had a 1.0.2 iPhone (with AnySIM 1.0.2) now I just would make sure to get it virginized and all the way up to 1.1.4.
    Both my working iPhones are at 1.1.4 and I will be patient aswell and wait.

    have a good day
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #70
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote: "If your iPhone was OOTB 1.0.2 your Bootloader is 3.9 and you dont need to use Bootneuter. The only question is: When at 1.0.2 unlocked, which method was used to unlock the iPhone. Was it a software solution? If so, was it AnySIM 1.0.2. Or did you use a hardware solution like turbosim?
    You said "a guy upadted it to 1.1.4". So is it already unlocked at 1.1.4? Which method if so?"


    Sorry, I typed incorrectly, it should be -'from 1.0.2, another guy updated it to 1.1.2.'

    I think all unlocks were done using software unlock since I'm using just a regular sim card and I think I remember the guy who did the 1.1.2 mention Anysim.

    I've seen iPhone images in some of the threads here showing their Bootloader No. and Baseband No. but I can't find it on my iPhone, maybe I need to download some apps?

    If only I can see my current Bootloader to know for sure that I'm on 3.9 then I can proceed to virginize my phone then use iLiberty for Mac leaving my Bootloader as it is at 3.9 then I should be ok?

    Again many thanks to you!


 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [1.1.4][Virginize Advice] Need to send phone back to Apple
    By Cerebro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:18 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 07:39 AM
  4. [advice][1.0.2]how to virginize
    By Gflux in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:55 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 06:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:25 PM.
twitter, follow us!