Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Discuss 04.03.13_G Issue. Please has anyone got anything else I can try?!... at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi. To start I have a 112 OTB hardware downgraded using test point too 3.9. ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iPhone reverts too 0049xx after baseband downgrade

    Hi. To start I have a 112 OTB hardware downgraded using test point too 3.9. Ok so the other day I messed up bad! I did the initial 113 "soft" jailbreak on sat. Something happened during running "113 soft update" from installer after doing all the prep on a pc with iBrickr 113. It rebooted at the end of the and showed the itunes connect logo. I booted it and it wouldnt happen, so I restored back too 111.

    I then went through jailbreak me, ok to prep etc etc too go back too 112 again. Everything was ok at this stage, still had signal (UK Orange) so went through it again, although this time I didnt have 113 soft update in installer (had all sources etc but it wasnt there.) So I thought something had gone wrong and i virginised (I now know this was a very bad idea but cant be changed!...) I then couldnt run anysim 1.2.1u was giving me an error so i tried running baseband down grader. Now at some point during this my IMEI was changed too the dreaded 0049xx! If i do a restore too 113 in itunes and get the 04.03.13 modem firmware i get my IMEI but as soon as I downgrade it too something unlockable I loose it again. (downgrade the modem that is, I can downgrade the phone firmware fine and keep my IMEI but obviously then not unlock.)

    Now I have EVERY possible way too rectify this. I have run i.unlock.no's virginiser script on 111. I have tired on 111 downgrading the baseband and then virginising and no luck. I have downgraded too 1.0.2, downgraded baseband and virginised nothing. I have downgraded to 102, manually downgraded the baseband, lost my IMEI. Done the same thing and virginised after. Nothing. I have even found guides like http://*****************************...radingBaseband which is my exact problem explained just with a lower original version. Everything I can actually think of I swear and nothing. Oh and for reference everytime I did this I restored too 113 first so I had a fixed IMEI. I am currently have a fully working and JB 113 system, I am going to try downgrading the modem firmware while on 113 to see if that can get me on a unlockable modem version (>=04.02.13_G) and keep my IMEI.

    Does anyone have any ideas? Please I will try anything at this stage, I refuse to accept that this is not resolvable, it is a software issue it must be resolvable! Many people have downgraded there firmware from 04.03.13 without a problem.

    Please any comments welcome, there are more people with this issue too, there must be something we can do. Please keep decent comments though, I know that it was stupid to virginise my phone as its only needed for anysim102 issues etc as other people have pointed out!

    Thanks
    Last edited by viperice; 01-31-2008 at 12:11 AM.



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    so, do you have 3.9BL? if you have 3.9BL, just keep restoring. You will not screw up your phone. Go back to 1.1.1 and downgrade your baseband then 112 then 113 again.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    experiencing the same problem,hw unlocked 1.1.2OTB to BL3.9,IMEI0049xxxx unless baseband is upgraded to and stay at 04.03.13.Jailbreakable at all possible firmware versions,both having the baseband at 04.03.13 or downgraded(therefore showing 'incorrect sim' imei 0049xxx etc),wifi is fine...

    yet no solution as i could find,seems to happen to some other users trying to downgrade hw unlocked iPhones:
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25786

    any ideas?

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes I have 3.9 BL. I did the test point hardware unlock when it first came out, not a single problem and very easy .

    Why keep restoring? In the hope that one time it just doesnt wipe the IMEI? I have restored so many times now honestly. I can restore the phone FW fine and keep my IMEI (102, 111, 112, 113) but as soon as I downgrade the baseband 04.03.13_G (113 baseband) too >=04.02.13_G (112 baseband or lower) it resets my IMEI too 0049xx and I have repeated this process so many times. And so when the IMEI is 0049xx GSM doesnt work and I cant unlock anyway!.... :|

    Honestly im not a n00b. I'm a network admin, very good with computers and since I have had my iphone I have learnt a great deal about it. This is not the fact it is some basic n00b problem/resolution there is something else wrong here which is past me - Thought I should add that I have spent about 36 hours working on this issue so far, no lie! Lol.

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king8 View Post
    experiencing the same problem,hw unlocked 1.1.2OTB to BL3.9,IMEI0049xxxx unless baseband is upgraded to and stay at 04.03.13.Jailbreakable at all possible firmware versions,both having the baseband at 04.03.13 or downgraded(therefore showing 'incorrect sim' imei 0049xxx etc),wifi is fine...

    yet no solution as i could find,seems to happen to some other users trying to downgrade hw unlocked iPhones:
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25786

    any ideas?
    Lol. No. As I said in my last post, I have spent over 36 hours working on this so far! I didnt have the problem straight after the HW unlock, that went fine. Did it the day it came out and was running 1.1.2 with AnySim1.2.1u fully working (UK Orange). It was caused either by me virginising or downgrading the baseband. The 0049xx IMEI came BEFORE I first updated too 04.03.13_G, updating too 04.03.13_G fixed this problem but it leaves me stuffed because I then cant AnySim it, or downgrade the baseband again because if I do that it skrews my IMEI.

    If anyone wants more detail as to what I have done so far please let me know.

    Mods can this be make sticky please?
    Last edited by viperice; 01-29-2008 at 11:07 PM.


  6. #6
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok just finished my test. If you get a fully jailbroken 113 setup, then downgrade the baseband while still running 113 it doesnt work!!....

  7. #7
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Can anyone provide me with or does anyone know where I can source ICE04.02.13_G.eep & ICE04.02.13_G.fls?

    I think I may have a fix

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I was in the same situation and I still AM!lol

    I too attempted to fix this using various guides concerning the imei 0049xxx thing,including scripts from installer as well as doing manually via ssh/terminal on phone.None worked whatsoever.After so many attempts I just feel like sitting here waiting for some people come by drop a few lines of instructions then I will do almost without thinking,but it seemed that no one could address the issue nor suggest a way out.

    Well the observation so far:
    1.This problem applies to us who did HW unlock on 1.1.2 OTB,and successfully downgraded to 3.9 Bootloader;
    2.IMEI is showing as 0049xxxx during/after baseband downgrade(no matter which method/pack used for the purpose);
    3.Removing Sim did not solve the IMEI problem;
    4.Wifi is working properly;
    5.Phone still jailbreakable,thus can use as iPod Touch;

    For me it all starts as I downgrade the 04.03.13 baseband(revirginize my phone),anyone having this problem after revirginizing from a different/lower baseband?Just want to know if this is due to the 04.03.13 baseband or hw unlocking to have BL3.9.

    Quote Originally Posted by viperice View Post
    Lol. No. As I said in my last post, I have spent over 36 hours working on this so far! I didnt have the problem straight after the HW unlock, that went fine. Did it the day it came out and was running 1.1.2 with AnySim1.2.1u fully working (UK Orange). It was caused either by me virginising or downgrading the baseband. The 0049xx IMEI came BEFORE I first updated too 04.03.13_G, updating too 04.03.13_G fixed this problem but it leaves me stuffed because I then cant AnySim it, or downgrade the baseband again because if I do that it skrews my IMEI.

    If anyone wants more detail as to what I have done so far please let me know.

    Mods can this be make sticky please?

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king8 View Post
    I was in the same situation and I still AM!lol

    I too attempted to fix this using various guides concerning the imei 0049xxx thing,including scripts from installer as well as doing manually via ssh/terminal on phone.None worked whatsoever.After so many attempts I just feel like sitting here waiting for some people come by drop a few lines of instructions then I will do almost without thinking,but it seemed that no one could address the issue nor suggest a way out.

    Well the observation so far:
    1.This problem applies to us who did HW unlock on 1.1.2 OTB,and successfully downgraded to 3.9 Bootloader;
    2.IMEI is showing as 0049xxxx during/after baseband downgrade(no matter which method/pack used for the purpose);
    3.Removing Sim did not solve the IMEI problem;
    4.Wifi is working properly;
    5.Phone still jailbreakable,thus can use as iPod Touch;

    For me it all starts as I downgrade the 04.03.13 baseband(revirginize my phone),anyone having this problem after revirginizing from a different/lower baseband?Just want to know if this is due to the 04.03.13 baseband or hw unlocking to have BL3.9.
    Hi King 8,

    You have hit the nail on the head with your observations, this is exactly what I was going too say this morning. I think we have discovered a problem with the HW unlock. For the record I first got the IMEI issue when I either virginised or did the baseband downgrader (I dont know which initially caused it as I did both before I checked the IMEI) but that was from 04.02.13_G. I only updated too 04.03.13 after this and it resolved the IMEI issue, as we well know, but you then cant unlock your phone for anysim as it needs too be a lower baseband and as soon as you downgrade it!... So the ONLY possibility that I have now come across is too fix the IMEI by upgrading too 113, and then waiting for a anysim which runs on 04.03.13_G regardless of what phone firmware you want too run.

    This needs too be made sticky! People need to know about this before they try it on a HW unlocked iPhone, and also it might draw attention too get a fix or be looked into. I am convinced this is the issue, I have spoken to loads of people who have downgraded the baseband multipul times from everything, including from 04.03.13 with no issues at all. So it must be because of the testpoint.

    Oh yea, I tried running the testpoint yesterday again, see if I could make it work by doing that. No chance!... Reverted too 0049xx. again...

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well I was thinking about doing the TP thing again too,now you proved it wont work...
    sigh...the only use of it is now iPod Touch,back in the old days with BL4.6
    I still have hope that there is a solution to our problem,and that would be easier than HW unlocking our phone before,so...please someone help!

    btw,you may change the title of this thread a bit to address the issue more clearly,so people with the exact same issue could be drawn into this thread,something like 'BL4.6 HW unlock aftereffects:baseband not downgrdable' or anything alike.

    Quote Originally Posted by viperice View Post
    Hi King 8,
    Oh yea, I tried running the testpoint yesterday again, see if I could make it work by doing that. No chance!... Reverted too 0049xx. again...


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 05:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
  3. 04.02.13_g modem upgrade to 04.03.13_g possible, yes? no?
    By taik1 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 02:24 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 02:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:23 AM.
twitter, follow us!