Upgrading iPhone 4 from iOS 4.2.1 to iOS 5.0.1
Can please help me?
I have tried to upgrade my iPhone 4 (GSM) from iOS 4.2.1 to 5.0.1. Here are the steps I followed:
- Downloaded an Apple certified version of IPSW for iOS 5.0.1.
- Set my iPhone into DFU mode using the latest version of iREB tool (iREB-r5).
- Changed the server link in the HOST file to point to 220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com.
- Re-opened iTunes (latest version 10.6.0.40).
- Shift+Restore to browse to the 5.0.1 IPSW.
Kept getting error 3194 when iTunes attempted to restore the firmware, so I then tried the following:
- I used TinyUmbrella (v5.10.07) and unchecked the box 'Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit'.
- Removed all server links from the host file and then started TSS server on TinyUmbrella (of course I saved and closed the Host file before launching TinyUmbrella).
But still the same error popped up.
I then attempted the following:
- Created a custom firmware using Sn0wbreeze (v2.9.1).
- Then tried to restore the custom firmware from iTunes, but I was also running TSS server using TinyUmbrella.
It went a bit further, but I got error (2005).
- Restarted the laptop (Windows 7 64-bit).
- Uninstalled/re-installed iTunes.
- Restarted laptop.
- Tried both firmwares again (the original IPSW and the custom firmware) - SAME ERROR (either 3194 or 2005).
- Used another laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) and repeated the same steps.
No matter what I do I cannot get anywhere with it (very frustrating). Of course I don't want to upgrade to iOS 5.1 directly from iTunes because I want to use the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1.
N.B. I checked that my iPhone in DFU so many times using iREB and it confirmed that it is in this mode!
AM I MISSING ANYTHING?