iPhone 4 recovery error 1604 - clueless
today I got another iPhone 4 with strange issues.
- Precondition: Unknown, reportedly it was working (factory unlocked) and misbehaved after trying to update with iTunes
- When I received it, it was in DFU mode.
- tried to restore (edit: to 5.1.1 regular) several times on my Mac (I have only this one) on different USB ports with different cables (that's working fine on other test phones)
- It started with error 1600, the last 10 times always 1604
- The bottom screws were replaced by Philips type (iPhone liberation kit by iFixit?), opened up the device, looks good, warranty seals in place and water indicators are white.
- Connected a known-as-good battery, 1604
- Strange thing is, it goes through the validating process with Apple, remains quite a long time in "preparing iphone" state before it gives the error.
- One more strange thing is that after this it doesn't recognize the phone anymore, I need to enter DFU again.
I'm running out of ideas, for a damaged dock connector the problem seems too much repeatable to me, maybe somebody can figure out something from the Update Log ?
Thanks and Greetz
iPhone 4 doesnt not restore..
it displays kernel panic log on the iphone, while trying to restore.. the problem seems similar to yours.. i've changed the battery, yet no success. What could the problem be? little help will be very appreciated..