today I got another iPhone 4 with strange issues.
- Precondition: Unknown, reportedly it was working (factory unlocked) and misbehaved after trying to update with iTunes
- When I received it, it was in DFU mode.
- tried to restore (edit: to 5.1.1 regular) several times on my Mac (I have only this one) on different USB ports with different cables (that's working fine on other test phones)
- It started with error 1600, the last 10 times always 1604
- The bottom screws were replaced by Philips type (iPhone liberation kit by iFixit?), opened up the device, looks good, warranty seals in place and water indicators are white.
- Connected a known-as-good battery, 1604
- Strange thing is, it goes through the validating process with Apple, remains quite a long time in "preparing iphone" state before it gives the error.
- One more strange thing is that after this it doesn't recognize the phone anymore, I need to enter DFU again.
I'm running out of ideas, for a damaged dock connector the problem seems too much repeatable to me, maybe somebody can figure out something from the Update Log ?
Thanks and Greetz