Discuss iMessage "waiting for activation" at the iOS 5.x - Hackint0sh.org; Title says it all :
iPhone 4 ios 5 updated yesterday and the only bug ...
iMessage "waiting for activation"
Title says it all :
iPhone 4 ios 5 updated yesterday and the only bug is that iMessage does not work :
"waiting for activation" ?!
iMessage was working for me fine on Friday but it suddenly stopped working the next day. It seemed to have started the when I switched to iCloud from mobileme. I've been hunting around high and low but everyone has a different answer.
I found this thread on Apple's support forums. This actually worked for me so far.
Basically you have to do a clean restore of your iphone by going into DFU mode. But prior to that, I also updated my apple ID to include my cell number, I'm not sure if that made any difference as well. I no longer see the waiting for activation message and I see iMessage in the messages screen for my friends who upgraded.
Last edited by Cyberdog; 10-18-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Reason: found answer - -maybe
99.99% fix for "iMessage waiting for activation"
All steps are as follows
Originally Posted by Ramiro117
1. open CYDIA....MANAGE ......EDIT.... ADD
2. install SAM
3.Go to Settings.... General.... About
and look for your MODEL number and go to this link to find which CARRIER your phone is locked to
GSM-Forum (if link not working then google it)
4. Go to Settings ....SAM.... Utilities and tap on Revert Lockdown to Stock button. You will see Stockification Success message. If you see Stockification Failure message then it means you have not installed correct version of SAM on your iPhone.
5. Now tap on the SAM button on the top-right and then tap on the Method menu. From the list, choose By Bundle Name option.
6.Now again hit the SAM option on the top-right and then tap on the Bundle menu. In this case, i will be choosing ATT-US as my iPhone is locked to AT&T.
7. Similarly navigate to SIM ID menu and choose your SIM ID. If you do not know SIM ID, just choose the first option.
Then goto SAM ....UTILITIES.... click on BACKUP ACTIVATION and then click on RESTORE ACTIVATION
8. Once your Method, Bundle and SIM ID has been correctly configured, tap on More Information menu. You will see ActivationState as Unactivated. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and start iTunes.
9. Now iTunes will generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone. Make sure your PC or Mac is connected to an
active internet connection because iTunes will try to authenticate your info with Apple servers. Once done, you will see your ActivationState as WildcardActivated.
10. Thats it! Now your iPhone is officially activated. Your imessage, find my iphone app and push notifications should work fine. (99.99%). This will also provide you with an improved battery life.
ENJOY iMessaging !!!!!!!
Just follow the steps provided above by talga_f66 or follow this tutorial Fix Waiting for Activation iMessage, Facetime on iPhone 3Gs, 4 iOS 5.0/5.0.1/.51 it is more simplified..hope i helped
By erolz in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
By mp3 in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 07-06-2008, 10:59 AM
By hcint-fromi2ch in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-05-2008, 04:49 AM
By cc2k4 in forum General
Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 04:25 PM